• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So was not getting the opinion bonus for fulfilling ambitions (get married, become certain councillor) not fixed as reported previously?

Bug report threads:
[thread=796948]Ambition opinion bonus isn't appearing [2.1.6][/thread]
[thread=784821][2.1.5.6]Command "opinion = { who = liege modifier = blah }" no longer works[/thread]

Or was it just not included in the patch notes?

Once again, they released a game with bugs they must have been aware of before launch. How do you not notice viceroyals, a fundamental new mechanic in your DLC, is completely broken? That is not rhetorical; I seriously want to know how that could happen.

I can only think of 2 reasons new features of a DLC continue to not work on release:

1 - They simply don't care. They know they don't work and release it anyway because they know people will buy it anyway.
2 - They don't test their code, and they make lots of simple mistakes in their code but think they did everything just fine.

Things in these past 2 DLCs that simply don't work day one are highlighted new features of said DLCs. They're selling points. They're things people are going to try day one (hour one, even). These are the things you absolutely test first (if you are, at all, a competent tester). So they either don't test them because they are incompetent, or they test them and know they don't work and release anyway.

And that doesn't even touch on all the older features that work one day but are broken by the new DLC (even for people who don't buy the DLC). When is the last time Paradox released a DLC for CK II that didn't break a major feature of a prior DLC?

Looks like some thought has gone into wars while at it, and BYZ, and some other things. I'm eager to find out how it turns out.

Is there are a chance to have viceroys renamed to something more period-specific? Admittedly, it'd be hard to find a common denominator, especially since both Steward and Seneschal are already taken.

'Governor' could be more appropriate for eastern cultures, including Byzzies. Some specific localizations could include:

- voivode for duchy-level viceroys in West-Slavic realms;
- ban for either duchy or kingdom level among Southern Slavs;
- 'palatine' for k_Hungary (although it's a fine word for a Slavic voivode too);
- vicarius in (under) the HRE, whatever culture;
- Lord Lieutenant in the English culture;
- Catepan(o) for a Byzzie guv'nor in Italy.

Etc.

Hi,

So. This patch crushed, smashed, broke my game I played. Who had that idea to make limit for the vassal number? I was in a starting of a big war, when I got this patch automatically. After this installed itself, My income from +80 reduced to -170!!! And from the royal demesne the number of slodiers /province reduced from 800 to 60!!! Why did you make this bad patch??? And when I transfer barons to vassals to reduce the number, that didnt reduce!!!

You make suck ununderstandable gameplay changes, while there are really big prolems with the game:

- for example: where can I see a summarization of my income or any chance to make a change in it like in EU3?
- Catholic religious system: bishops under counts, dukes? They, all of them must be under an arcbishop. And if there isnt archbishop in the country, it must be an arcbishop of a foreign country (like the example of bishop of Prague). And need to have 10 bishops to get an arcbishop as a religious medieval law.
- you changed that cant give more than 1 duchy for the heir (son). Why? While I can give 2-3-4 duchies for a duke!!!
- there is a jewish pack, but where is the islamic pack, because there were islamic people in eastern and central europe, too, and there were lawa against them, too, not only against the jewishes. Or here to say, an other option: give the income of a duchy for a yesr for jewishes/islamic traders/bishop for 500 golds. If its is given for a non-christian, the pope/bishops can ask to give it ti them instead of jews, muslims or being expelled from the church. Etc...

Please think about bad and new ideas in the future patches. Please! And how to delete this new patch from my system? Thank you!

Hi,

So. This patch crushed, smashed, broke my game (....)

(...) where can I see a summarization of my income (...)

Play the new tutorial.
Read the game manual.
Watch youtube sessions.
Read the wiki ( http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Beginner%27s_guide ).

You can pick any of the options above. Its not a game that you will learn in 2 hours, but in 2 hours you can learn the basic stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.