Crusader Kings II - 2.2.1 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum DPOO - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could we keep this Open Beta thing going ?

I know there were some atmospheric 'rumble in the jungle' issues in the forum, but overall it seemed pretty productive and it proves that you are listening and working on fixes.
I like it and hope you can ignore the 'karma-rotation' in the forum. :)

Could we keep this Open Beta thing going ?
Yeah, that was what I also meant and I think it is very constructive, especially from a community point of view too.

While it is frustrating to continue to wait for the Converter fix, I do have to remind myself that EU4 is currently awaiting a large patch update itself. Some of the Converter work probably has to wait for the large EU4 patch to be completed before fully functioning.

I'm just waiting for a fix for the overpowered Muslims before I start playing again. It's no fun at this point. Is there a beta patch for this incoming?

Still appreciate the hard work and constant patching recently.

The fix is avoiding lands that are directly in contact with one of the Muslim blobs... :) Or treat it as a challenge, as I've survived as Zune and also as Gilan with the new patch. Think of them as the hordes, since the hordes are pretty much useless now.

Oh my god... I'm in the year 1312, I am emperor of 12 empires and have 77 vassals (around 70 kings) and now my vassal limit has dropped from 83 to 31 because my family prestige no longer gives me a bonus. I can't resume my game since I no longer get levies from my vassals and all factions are >1000% strength. My only option would be to give away all my empires, but I really don't want to do that.... Did you really have to change the vassal limit? :(

I'm not sure I understood one of the notes, since it said "titular" - does gavelkind still create DE JURE kingdoms for your secondary heirs for absolutely free, if you control enough land? Or does it come under the fixes? It did just yesterday for me under 2.2.0.9, so wondering.

Oh my god... I'm in the year 1312, I am emperor of 12 empires and have 77 vassals (around 70 kings) and now my vassal limit has dropped from 83 to 31 because my family prestige no longer gives me a bonus. I can't resume my game since I no longer get levies from my vassals and all factions are >1000% strength. My only option would be to give away all my empires, but I really don't want to do that.... Did you really have to change the vassal limit? :(

Don't really understand this myself either. What stimulated the change?

I'm not sure I understood one of the notes, since it said "titular" - does gavelkind still create DE JURE kingdoms for your secondary heirs for absolutely free, if you control enough land? Or does it come under the fixes? It did just yesterday for me under 2.2.0.9, so wondering.

Don't really understand this myself either. What stimulated the change?

Yeah, it still creates dejure kingdoms for secondary sons, but if a kingdom is entirely drifted out of the dejure system it will no longer be created.

We removed the vassal limit increase from dynasty prestige for two reasons: Firstly it was making some of the strong starting dynasties ( Karling, Abbasid etc ) too strong if they managed to keep their empires, and secondly the dynasty prestige is such an odd and barely used value, most people probably don't even know it exists. I would love to do more with dynasty prestige ( and the dynasty head for that matter ), but we would first need to make them more visible and integrated into the game.

Yeah, it still creates dejure kingdoms for secondary sons, but if a kingdom is entirely drifted out of the dejure system it will no longer be created.

We removed the vassal limit increase from dynasty prestige for two reasons: Firstly it was making some of the strong starting dynasties ( Karling, Abbasid etc ) too strong if they managed to keep their empires, and secondly the dynasty prestige is such an odd and barely used value, most people probably don't even know it exists. I would love to do more with dynasty prestige ( and the dynasty head for that matter ), but we would first need to make them more visible and integrated into the game.
You could replace the running score in the upper right corner portion of the UI with dynasty prestige. That number isn't used for anything until a game over, so replacing it with a number that is more meaningful wouldn't hurt anything.

I really hope you actually do something with this. Especially the dynasty head. Would be cool if it had some benefits associated to it.

Anyone got a real answer other than assumptions if Iron Crown works with old saves btw?

The fix is avoiding lands that are directly in contact with one of the Muslim blobs... :) Or treat it as a challenge, as I've survived as Zune and also as Gilan with the new patch. Think of them as the hordes, since the hordes are pretty much useless now.

Are the mongol hordes even worse in 2.2?

I really hope you actually do something with this. Especially the dynasty head. Would be cool if it had some benefits associated to it.

Anyone got a real answer other than assumptions if Iron Crown works with old saves btw?

It does not. Generally, when going to a new patch with an old save, IF you can get it to work no achievements will trigger. Sorry.

I hope the checksum is not a prophecy...

- Fixed bug where all event spawned troops that scaled on a target was MUCH larger than supposed to.

Any news on when this fix will be fixed properly? Unless Shia uprisings of 3k troops against an empire spanning from India to the Atlanic and Decadence revolts now never succeeding is supposed to WAD.