• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What are the reasons for putting Lappland in the game?

Banishing rebellious relatives.

Could we get some examples of possible tactics and their related modifiers, or perhaps even a full list? :D

In the combat screenshot, I notice the Volley Tactic modifiers are about Attack. Are there Defensive tactics as well, or are they all attack modifiers?

Also, in the "the following tactics can be used by this flank" section of the tooltip, do the percentages there show the actual chances of the commander using the various tactics, or just the base chance for each? In other words, does that percentage reflect all the modifiers (troop composition, military ability, traits, etc.) or is just the base percentage that later is modified by all those things.

Upto a point, I married my only son and heir off to Matilda of Tuscany (waiting for the lands to come home) when she made him a Bishop, ending my game. Still you need to get the son of your duke to your court which he might not want to do.
Is it possible to mod in a check to ensure bishops are not wed (and maybe have ecclesiastic education)?

Also, battle tactics look really awesome. Excellent work.

Can characters refuse to become clerics?

Giving someone a bishopric to exclude him from the succession sounds too easy ... what if he's the eldest son, or a younger son under a Gavelkind inheritance law? He'd feel cheated out of his rightful inheritance.

Is there a way for him to refuse the job or protest against your decision? Surely you can't force a person to become a cleric, unless you're an evil/uber-powerful lord who terrifies his court into obedience?

No more dice rolls! :eek:hmy:

These changes sound really, really good.

What really makes me happy is that I see these games (CK, EU, Vicky, etc.) as all improving over time. Little refinements that make the game better and better. An improvement in one leads to an improvement in the other games. :D

I know I really shouldn't pre-order stuff but this DD is sorely tempting me. I'll be wrestling with the idea all day now.

(Funny how all the questions are about the imbecile Bishop instead of the combat system :D But that does look like a nice improvement too).

Read as imbecile Bishop system at first :D

Not realy my favourite period but been keeping an eye on information and I think the nice changes in combat have tipped into a firm buy on day one.

The more cool features you make like this the more people will be crying on the forums that their cavalry made an infantry change and their pikemen tried to shoot an arrow barrage X)

But do it anyway as it's awesome ! :)

Not a chance. Podcat really wants a Christmas holiday and radical peice of rework like this would leave him in here on his own on Christmas Day. At this time of the year we need to think about the poor ass prods.

The WHAT?! Are you saying that your ass prods need a break for the holiday and thus you can't use them to force podcat to work more?

Map

Hi.
A little off-topic here, but I see from the map in the screens that you have not made any changes to the map of Norway since the last version. However, the province you've called Naumadal should be called Trøndelag, while the one you've called Trøndelag should be called Møre. As it is, the whole of Trondheimsfjorden, and thus also the city of Trondheim (where I live) is placed in Naumadal. Since Trondheim is the main city of Trøndelag this would clearly be wrong.

The province of Møre is also, incidentally, the place where us Norwegians believe that Rollo of Normandy, ancestor of the English royal house, was born, as son of Ragnvald Mørejarl, the Earl of that province.

I see, however, that Hedmark is no longer called Hdemark...

It could be that there other similar inaccuracies in the old map that should be fixed before the release of this game, have you checked for such?

Otherwise, really looking forward to the game now...

This game improves all the time. What will prove most important though, would be the assured modability of everything, If the engine is capable, mistakes (for example mistaken province names) will be remedied with patches like it happened with all Paradox games.

When the game is using MTTH and traits to select the "right" tactic, how much of it is about selecting the one most suited to the situation, and how much of it is it about selecting from similar tactics but some with better modifiers?

In other words, is it all about selecting whether to harry, charge, defend etc? Or is it about whether you get a regular charge, a feeble charge or a glorious charge? Some combination of the two?

Hi.
A little off-topic here, but I see from the map in the screens that you have not made any changes to the map of Norway since the last version. However, the province you've called Naumadal should be called Trøndelag, while the one you've called Trøndelag should be called Møre. As it is, the whole of Trondheimsfjorden, and thus also the city of Trondheim (where I live) is placed in Naumadal. Since Trondheim is the main city of Trøndelag this would clearly be wrong.
Agreed, the borders can be kept, but Naumadal/Namdalen should be dropped in favour of Trøndelag or Trondheim as province name, with Møre down the coast. Anyways - it's most likely a very trivial fix to mod in if it isn't fixed already.

Hi.

The province of Møre is also, incidentally, the place where us Norwegians believe that Rollo of Normandy, ancestor of the English royal house, was born, as son of Ragnvald Mørejarl, the Earl of that province.

I see, however, that Hedmark is no longer called Hdemark...

It could be that there other similar inaccuracies in the old map that should be fixed before the release of this game, have you checked for such?

Otherwise, really looking forward to the game now...

Eh, a nitpick, when you play as Norway you can change the name.