• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

byoomba

Recruit
32 Badges
Apr 6, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I just got CK-complete off the steam sale today, but when I try to load the game it gets stuck at initializing sound. Here's my specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz
2.5 GHz Performance Rated at: 7.25 GHz
3.0 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family with 2.2 GB of video RAM
46GB Hard Drive Space
Conexant 20672 SmartAudio HD sound card
Running on a Lenovo Thinkpad T520 laptop

I think that's everything mentioned in the sticky.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

System Requirements:
Processor: Pentium III 450 MHz
Memory: 128 Mb RAM
Hard Disk Space: 600 MB Free Hard Drive Space
Video Card: 4 Mb Video Card
DirectX®: 9.0c or better
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

I just got CK-complete off the steam sale today, but when I try to load the game it gets stuck at initializing sound. Here's my specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz
2.5 GHz Performance Rated at: 7.25 GHz
3.0 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family with 2.2 GB of video RAM
46GB Hard Drive Space
Conexant 20672 SmartAudio HD sound card
Running on a Lenovo Thinkpad T520 laptop

I think that's everything mentioned in the sticky.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Try this

Try these things

- Rename your AVI-folder (in the main crusader kings folder) to something else (like AVIback f.e.)

- Go into the settings.txt file and make sure the resolution there matches what your video card/monitor can support. When in doubt set it to 1024 X 768 refresh 60.

- Set colourdepth to 16 bit

And if this doesn't help, try the solution posted here

System Requirements:
Processor: Pentium III 450 MHz
Memory: 128 Mb RAM
Hard Disk Space: 600 MB Free Hard Drive Space
Video Card: 4 Mb Video Card
DirectX®: 9.0c or better
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

And you post this because you have the same problem ? Or ..... ?

So I tried renaming the file, changing the settings.txt and colourdepth, all together, separately and in different combinations and it didn't work. Also I don't have Windows 7 N so I do have WMP, but I tried to download it anyway and the installer confirmed I didn't need that file, but it is still freezing at initializing sounds.

If it helps any, Mount & Blade, Warband, and With Fire and Sword all work for me on this computer through steam, but Europa Universalis Rome Gold and Victoria 2 don't (I got them off amazon I think).

Is there anything else to try? I'll try to load it on a different laptop that's a bit older and see if that works in the meantime.

EDIT: works fine on the other laptop, just started it and it works great. Thanks for your help, I'm going to try Europa and Victoria on it as well.

Last edited:
My bad for possible offtop but is it possible to install 2.1 beta on original Crusader kings 1.05?

Technically it is possble, but your game (the interface etc.) will be completely screwed. And it will most likely also crash, because of the additions in DV.

Oh, and I am having Complete edition too. Does it have all nessesary patches? I've heard about some mysterious update of the beta 2.1. What is it or is it just some weird rumor?

I have no idea what the latest patch is that comes with the game when you buy it. So just to be sure, you can best install the latest betapatch available.

You can find the latest beta-patch here.

All beta-patches are called the same, so the name of patchversion in the game, doesn't really tell you if you have the latest patch or some earlier versions.

Thank you so much. And will their be any problems with my current game? I played for Denmark from the very beggining (1066) till the 1140. Will the changes apply to my current scenario?

Thank you so much. And will their be any problems with my current game? I played for Denmark from the very beggining (1066) till the 1140. Will the changes apply to my current scenario?

I don't think it will cause problems.

I can't install it. I am trying to start .exe file but it won't helps. I am having WIN7 64-bit. It says that it can't find excel file. Should I just copy it onto the directory of the game?

I can't install it. I am trying to start .exe file but it won't helps. I am having WIN7 64-bit. It says that it can't find excel file. Should I just copy it onto the directory of the game?

It is best if you first install the game outside of c:/program files and then extract the beta-patch in the main game folder.

I already installed it out of the C:\ folder. I installed it on the D:\My games folder. I think it may be not the case. Anyway, I extracted the files onto the game folder and it seems that it works fine and the coat-of-arms of Polotsk changed also.