Crusader Kings 3.0.1 update is now live! [checksum CDYZ] (not for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This patch appears to have made it worse - it now resets the message settings every time you start the game. (Bug reports have already been filed.)

As we haven't got a roll-back to 3.0... That's pretty much it for me now, I don't want to have to be spending five minutes of tedious clicking several times a night. TWICE was bad enough.

(And no, having seen your post and very carefully made a copy of the settings text file the second time, pasting it in does nothing, since the game just resets it.)

And I was actually getting vaguely towards finishing my game too.

Yup! I've noticed it too! The first time it happened, I figured it was because I was trying to use a message file that I had manually edited, and it wasn't accepting it for some reason. But it seems the problem is much worse and more universal...

Yup! I've noticed it too! The first time it happened, I figured it was because I was trying to use a message file that I had manually edited, and it wasn't accepting it for some reason. But it seems the problem is much worse and more universal...

Hopefully gets hit fixed before the April patch. Without fail a December patch always takes a previously working feature and breaks it for 5 months.

So the update not only did not fix the black coat of arms, it made it worse. Worst of all, I cannot post in the bug forum, despite linking my Paradox account to my Steam account. I had a nice viking game going. While some Coat of Arms were black, 98% of them were fine, it was only some barony level holdings that had black coat of arms. It didn't start like that, but eventually got it that way. Now about 70% of the coat of arms are black, and no matter what I do, it stays that way. I tried deleting the gfx folder, that didn't work. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the game, that didn't work. Please help.

So the update not only did not fix the black coat of arms, it made it worse. Worst of all, I cannot post in the bug forum, despite linking my Paradox account to my Steam account.

You missed step 2 and 3. Going to Owned Items here inside the forum and synching
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...team-account-to-sync-your-owned-items.894506/

I tried deleting the gfx folder, that didn't work. I then uninstalled and reinstalled the game, that didn't work. Please help.

I hope the one in Documents and without the game running at the same time.

Anyway, please synch and after its done (can be seen by games displayed In Owned items and by the icons below your avatar in your forum posts.)
post in the Tech Support subforum which then will be visible.

It did the syncing already, nothing happens. Literally, I skipped no stepped. It just refuses to sync my games. And yes, I did it in the documents, not the steam.

It did the syncing already, nothing happens. Literally, I skipped no stepped. It just refuses to sync my games. And yes, I did it in the documents, not the steam.

Synching can take up to an hour.
Anyway, this is not the thread for this.
If in doubt post or start a thread in the Forum Help forum where the linked thread is located.

Update: Because of the recent forum maintenance synch'ing has been put on hold
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...your-owned-items.894506/page-58#post-24922333
Can take a few days

Last edited:
I am used to click like a madman to set my message settings when a new DLC comes out, but so far it never happened after a minor patch. Care to tell me what messages were added (name in code), so I can just copy my old file and add the new ones.

EDIT: I just realize it is even worse than expected: message settings reset every startup. Can't even go back to previous patch. There goes my CK2 day...

Have the 'bugs'/issues with pagan reformations been fixed? Mainly your kids not having rite of passage because they have no money and the ancestor veneration + temporal leadership where you can't ever venerate your recently passed father.

>Fixed God-King Name transfer being triggered by any title transfer rather than just when the current God-King gives his religious head title to somebody else.
Uh, what's a God-King?

>Fixed God-King Name transfer being triggered by any title transfer rather than just when the current God-King gives his religious head title to somebody else.
Uh, what's a God-King?
I believe that if you take divine marriage or dawn breakers and temporal leadership, the temporal ruler is listed as a God-king.