Crusader Kings 2 - Mini patch 2.6.3 Release Checksum [VNFM] - NOT FOR PROBLEM REPORTS

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Please revert the mess in event 100171 with rivals since 2.6x..

Far too many rivals caused by this. I hope this was not part of the optimisation......
I'm too miffed to elaborate. Compare the event to the version of 2.5.2 and you will know.

Reactions:
Does this mini patch mean minor UI or event mods have to get updated?

Haven't installed it yet. I turned off the auto update and only launch the game in offline mode since my campaigns can go on for months before I finish it (or get bored and start a new one).

I'm super paranoid about updates breaking things apparently.

Is it intended not to be able to have a landed mayor as heir to the republic? In my current ironman game I can nominate a dynasty member who is a mayor, but he doesn't appear as my heir on the republic screen.
Yes, patrician heirs cannot be landed in any way. Which is why they where not showing up previously if you gave them the heir title as it wasn't meant to be able to given to them.

Reactions:
still nothing new on the game rules for limiting your vassals and demesne? :(

What are you looking for? We can already change vassal limits and demesne limits to different levels or unlimited.

I think he is referring to the fact that you cannot set the Vassal Limit game rule independently from Demesne Size at the moment. As Demesne Size will control the value for both game rules. It's still something we are looking into. It just wasn't fixed in time for the patch.

Reactions:
Stupid and irrelevant question:

Does that include elderly characters dying of 'natural death'?

It means that some character would die without being assigned a death reason correctly, making the tooltip have a blank in front of the date. Example: " on [date] at age [x]", rather than "Died a natural death on [date] at age [x]".

Reactions:
We now released an update to the 2.6.3 mini patch which solves the problem of the Linux version not playing music. Still the same checksum (VNFM).

Reactions:
So, i bought the Conclave dlc among others during the sale. When looking to start a game, it's pretty noticeable that there are no Game Rules for it, so here's one: Education.

Basically just a switch between the Default CK2 education and the Conclave one.

Education: Default/Conclave

This is a pretty big deal for me, as the Conclave Education was THE dealbreaker right from the start. It's a damn pity too, because the dlc looks to have some interesting things in it.

I think he is referring to the fact that you cannot set the Vassal Limit game rule independently from Demesne Size at the moment. As Demesne Size will control the value for both game rules. It's still something we are looking into. It just wasn't fixed in time for the patch.

Has progress been made on this?

Is there any way to release a hotfix/optional download? Or is this a hardcoded issue?

I guess I can just change the vassal stuffs in the defines file until the patch comes.
It's a code issue, not script, yes, so not possible to fix without releasing an .exe.

Whether there will be any more hotfixes I don't know.

Reactions: