Crusader Kings 2 - Mini patch 2.6.3 Release Checksum [VNFM] - NOT FOR PROBLEM REPORTS

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Anona

Paradoxian
2 Badges
Jul 9, 2014
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Hi all!

Now releasing a mini patch with converter updates to match the new 1.19 patch of EU4 and add some minor fixes.

###################
# Balance
###################
- When setting the game rule 'De Jure Requirement' to 'Required':
- The event will not trigger for rulers who are at war
- The event will not trigger for The Papacy or The Ecumenical Patriarch, should they drift any titles

###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- Patricians can no longer give the "Designated Heir" honorary title to landed characters
- Fixed an issue with female Vikings not being able to upgrade the trait into Ravager or Sea Queen
- The food shortage events from seclusion should no longer be able to trigger if you opened the gates
- You can upgrade Tribal holdings into Castles/Cities/Temples again
- Fixed a few cases of characters dying without a death reason

Reactions:
- Patricians can no longer give the "Designated Heir" honorary title to landed characters

Is this fixing the bug whereby landed Merchant Republic characters are designated incorrectly as just normal republics (like normal mayors are) and therefore can't inherit a Patrician/Doge title? Thanks!

Great fixes.

Lol yea I had a short lived Bavandid run with the de-jure set to required. And when two key counts rebelled for council power I suddenly didn't have the de-jure landed, the war ended and I got booted back down to count.

Sadly the converter still has the bug where titles that use a dynamic name do not correctly convert to their EU4 equivalent, for example CK2 Norway does not convert to EU4 Norway, if owned by a Norwegian, it converts to a converter created tag. @Anona, would it be possible for this to be looked at for the next converter patch?

Reactions:
Sadly the converter still has the bug where titles that use a dynamic name do not correctly convert to their EU4 equivalent, for example CK2 Norway does not convert to EU4 Norway, if owned by a Norwegian, it converts to a converter created tag. @Anona, would it be possible for this to be looked at for the next converter patch?
A thousand times, this.

Reactions:
Is this fixing the bug whereby landed Merchant Republic characters are designated incorrectly as just normal republics (like normal mayors are) and therefore can't inherit a Patrician/Doge title? Thanks!
Not sure what you mean exactly. In 2.6.2, we made landed character ineligible heirs for Merchant Republics, in order to avoid several different issues related to unintended game overs, flipping to other governments etc. This change makes it impossible for Merchant Republics to give the Designated Heir title to landed characters, since they cannot inherit anyway.

Nice but what's new in the converter?
I don't remember the exact details at the moment. Mostly updating it for 1.19 in EU4, with province mapping and fixing some tag issues.

Reactions:
Nice but what's new in the converter?
Centers of Trade are now redistributed dynamically (follows the CK2 development more closely).

Names are now weighted differently. You used to gain name weight for each dynasty member, but now you only get weight from every family member who's been landed. So there will be no more overabundance of Muslim queens after the conversion, for example.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something here, but why is this important? There should be nothing about the NOR tag that a dynamic tag can't already emulate, afaik.

Reactions:
I'm sorry if I'm missing something here, but why is this important? There should be nothing about the NOR tag that a dynamic tag can't already emulate, afaik.
It's not just Norway, it's any nation that uses the system. But the problem mainly is that these countries cannot access their unique unit models and any events that are tied to their tag. It also used to be a problem with their ideas, but that was fixed in the last patch. There are probably a few other things that I missed.

Reactions:
It's not just Norway, it's any nation that uses the system. But the problem mainly is that these countries cannot access their unique unit models and any events that are tied to their tag. It also used to be a problem with their ideas, but that was fixed in the last patch. There are probably a few other things that I missed.
Historical Events aren't intended trigger anyway, so that's a non issue. Unit models is something we might look at in the future though, rather than tying them to tags it'd make sense to dynamically assign them like we do everything else. :)

Reactions:
Centers of Trade are now redistributed dynamically (follows the CK2 development more closely).

That is very interesting, i suppose trade Posts make the possibility off the CoT spawning in that province higher? Also Will the Total number off CoT's be the same or Will it change per trade node? What About the trade direction?

The dynamic ideas system is nice and helps take care of earlier CK2 starts, but it's a bit jarring to play as the Ottomans in CK2 and convert over to see them become a generic tag without their unique government or ideas.

Reactions:
Not sure what you mean exactly. In 2.6.2, we made landed character ineligible heirs for Merchant Republics, in order to avoid several different issues related to unintended game overs, flipping to other governments etc. This change makes it impossible for Merchant Republics to give the Designated Heir title to landed characters, since they cannot inherit anyway.
I don't remember the exact details at the moment. Mostly updating it for 1.19 in EU4, with province mapping and fixing some tag issues.
I think it would be a good idea to make a game rule to turn on/off landed characters able to inherit republics? I got screwed over by the new rule and it takes a lot of the fun out of playing as a republic.

Historical Events aren't intended trigger anyway, so that's a non issue. Unit models is something we might look at in the future though, rather than tying them to tags it'd make sense to dynamically assign them like we do everything else. :)
It also means that if any modder wants to tie things (events, decisions, whatever) in an EU4 converter mod to specific CK2 tags, that isn't possible.

EU4 script uses tags basically everywhere, so it is natural for converted games to have usable tags.

Reactions:
It also means that if any modder wants to tie things (events, decisions, whatever) in an EU4 converter mod to specific CK2 tags, that isn't possible.

EU4 script uses tags basically everywhere, so it is natural for converted games to have usable tags.
Basically, my understanding is that right now it is possible to convert specific CK2 tags to specific EU4 tags... unless the CK2 title has a different name than normal due to cultural or dynastic naming.
This is, to put it mildly, weird. So k_norway will turn into NOR, except when it has changed name due to being held by a Norwegian and is called "Norge" rather than "Norway".

Weird enough to be worth doing anything about? No clue. But definitely weird.

Reactions: