- Oct 26, 2015
This tread is dedicated to the Crusader Kings II mod called "Crusader Finns". I am Millero15, the head developer of the mod, a young Finnish man who once had a crazy idea.
CRUSADER FINNS VERSION 1.0
- Bug fixes:
- Changed portrait properties and fixed related bugs.
- Fixed issues related to religious head behavior and coronations.
- Fixed being able to keep forming Grand Bothnia indefinetely.
- Fixed Arctic invaders from spontaneously destroying themselves.
- Added house Dalton and an appropriate bloodline in an appropriate region.
- Added a couple historical great works.
- Added American culture and reassigned them some Jewish flavor.
- Equality between the sexes now properly implemented in Liberal and Svecoman merchant republics.
- Uusimaa is now a formable kingdom
- Added a new event chain for a schism between Laestadians and Lutherans. This affects the odds of the Northern Crusade.
- SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the size of the mod directory
- Added marine infantry as a special unit type for appropriate cultures.
- Added special decision to reverse engineer firearms. Succeeding in the subsequent event chain unlocks a new retinue unit.
- The map is now about 25% larger in both dimensions
- Added many new counties, duchies, and kingdoms to better fit the larger map size
- Starting setup changed in some areas, notably Lapland.
- Vantaa is still a s**thole, and unlike Espoo it does not deserve 7 holding slots.
- Added the Kallankarit, a small group of islands in Ostrobothnia with a unique history, complete with their own culture.
WHAT IS CRUSADER FINNS?
Crusader Finns is a post-apocalyptic mod primarily inspired by After the End: Fan Fork. It features all of Finland, Estonia, and Latvia, as well as parts of Russia, Sweden, and Norway. If you know about ATE:FF, you should have a clear idea about what this mod will be about. Much of their Q&A also applies to this mod.
DOWNLOADING THE MOD
Below are the main version of the mod and many submods used to make sure that DLC content works properly. They only work if you have the appropriate DLC. You can directly download the mod from these links or use the Steam Workshop link above.
Crusader Finns v. 1.0
The developer diaries of Crusader Finns. Keep in mind that some, especially the older ones, contain quite a bit of outdated information.
DD0 - Getting the map together
DD1 - IT WORKS
DD2 - Current progress, ideas, plans, and a general roadmap for the future
DD3 - The land of the Finns is on the map!
DD4 - The first religions and how they are shaping up, part 1
DD5 - Progress in Russia
DD5.5 - The map has its shape
DD6 - The Southwestern Coast
DD7 - Religions, part 2
DD8 - Technology
DD9 - Cultural units and new, exclusive units
DD10 - The Finnish Lakelands
DD11 - Lapland (Christmas Special)
DD12 - Kings, Khans, and Churches
DD13 - Old World Religions
DD14 - The Second Hyperwar, Great Works, Bloodlines, and more!
DD15 - Arctic Matters, Formable Nations, and Flavor
DD16 - The Land of the Rus
DD17 - Crusades, Epidemics, and Live Action Role Playing
DD18 - The Estonian Subcontinent and Syncretic Religions
DD19 - Latvia
DD20 - Christianity
DD21 - Flavor, Favor, Future plans and Imminent Release!
Special thanks to the people of the Crusader Finns discord server for greatly helping with the creation of this mod!
Down below are some screenshots: