Cruisers or Destroyers for Screening?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CAs receive a +40% chance to hit if the cruisers are properly (100%) screened by DDs and CLs?
scaling with screening. from +0% at 0% screening up to +40% at 100% screening.
And just double checking, CAs get a +40% chance to hit, not a +40% increase in rate of fire?
yes. its not like torps that fire every 4 hours so -25% reload time makes sense reducing the intervening time between shots to 3 hours. guns fire every hour, so increasing their rate of fire would be difficult to implement to say the least.

• 1Like
Reactions:
scaling with screening. from +0% at 0% screening up to +40% at 100% screening.

yes. its not like torps that fire every 4 hours so -25% reload time makes sense reducing the intervening time between shots to 3 hours. guns fire every hour, so increasing their rate of fire would be difficult to implement to say the least.

Thanks for an explanation so clear that even a knucklehead like me couldn't misinterpret it!

I mostly play nations with modest starting navies, so I'm usually focused on cheap subs and screens to sink my enemy's convoys and guard my own. But the next time I play the UK or Italy, I'm definitely going to make these cruisers with high Light Attack and a single Heavy turret a big part of my shipbuilding program.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is a well written, instructive, and civil thread. Thanks to all the contributors (especially to those who developed and posted screen shots).

• Some people find and read the Manual of Puissant Skill at Arms and consequently level up in fighting.
  • Others, like myself, find and read cruisers-or-destroyers-for-screening and consequently level up in HoI4 naval warfare.

<Ding!>

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: