• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The King of the Georgians, Cumans, and Bolgars doesn't care about the Heretics that live between Croatia and Venice. If Hungary doesn't claim it, I don't see why it would be a point of friction.

The Prince, and soon to be King, of the Rus, objects to this ruthless assignment of sovereign Christian states into 'spheres of influence' - another name, it appears, for sheer greed. The Emperor in Constantinople remains the rightful ruler of the Balkans.

However, we should like to make better arrangements for the County of Bryansk, which is Our rightful possession, but currently languishes - by some misunderstanding, no doubt - under Georgian rule.

While the Balkans do currently belong to the Emperor in Constantinople, he surely sees me as his heir and protector of his Orthodox subjects - the basis of our current alliance to protect it from the heathen Turk and the predatory Italian papists. Just as I can understand the concern of the soon-to-be King of the Rus in regards to Bryansk, I am sure he can see my concern to continue to protect the Empire and it's citizens under my leadership.

The hunchbacked King of Hungary has no objections to Venetian plans to connect its Croatian possessions to the rest of the Venetian/Italian realm. In fact, We would welcome the German invaders being driven out of the area and would be glad to even give some aid (military or financial) to help achieve this goal.

The offer is Appreciated and since my profit has forseen the collapse of the HRE within 4 years it would be in out best interest to drive the German across the Danue.

I representing the King of Venice and Croatia would like to discuss with georgia the state of the future borders in the Middle East for it is in our interests to have a solid foundation for the maintanance of peace.

We would like claim to Kingdoms of Palistine, Arabia, Syria, and the trans Jordan region but control of Syria we are willing to give our claims of to Goergia we have no wish for influence in Persia.

The Kingdom of Georgia categorically rejects all Venetian claims to the Middle East. While a compromise can possibly be reached, the claims you propose are outright unacceptable. Any attempt to create such an empire in the Middle East will force me to annex all of Southern Italy into my Empire - and possibly more than that.

I'm dealing in terms of Actual control, this would leave you with all of turkey and Persia within your sphere of influence, my claims are only lands I currently control now more or less. Though I am willing to surrender claims on more inland lands, I am more concerned with controlling the coast and lanes of trade.

We absolutely refuse to consider giving up claims on any area of Syria or Aleppo. As far as Palestine is concerned, we would be willing to consider giving up claims on Tyre, Acre, and Jaffa for the rest of Palestine and the Transjordan. We do not care about Egypt or Arabia.

Sounds good we accept.

Very well, we'll not challenge you over the coastal provinces of Acre, Tyrus, Jaffa, and Beruit. To the rest of the Oultrejourdaine and Palestine, we believe it is our charge from God to defend.

The Hungarian King graciously requests that the King of Norway kindly back off as to the future of the Balkans. We along with the King of Georgia/Bolgar and the King of Venice/Croatia have already reached an agreement on the matter and do not care for Your Majesty's meddling in these affiars. The Hungarian court also would like to issue a protest to Your Majesty encouraging war against Our realm. Such anti-Hungarian rhetoric will not be taken lightly.

The King of Georgia, Cuman and Bolgar would also request that the King of Norway cease his sabre-rattling towards the Kingdom of Hungary, especially when an agreement in the Balkans has been worked out by all sides concerned. Norway is nowhere near the Balkans, perhaps you should pay attention to Iceland instead.

The King of Italy would like to negotiate with the King's of France and the Britain the possibility of a Coalition to free the oppressed Christians in Muslim lands within spain, this alliances will consist of us Three Free Nations and will last 5 years.

Article 1: To Liberate ALL of Spain and Portugal including North Africa from Oppression.

Article 2: The treaty will be in effect the moment it is signed. But will be null and void and but be renewed no later then 4 years after it is signed. If it is not renewed by the uninanimus agreement by all Three Parties to renew it then it is null and void.

Sub Article 3:

a) The treaty if it is suggested by one of the parties to ammend the treaty then the other 2 must agree to it for it to be ammended, if the said parties cannot reach an agreement during the renegotiations then it is void.

b) The Invitation of other powers into the treaty is only acceptable for those with at least one King title, no dukes or counts may be accpeted as a full and equal member of the coalition. The addition of other King's must be agreed upon by the other parties.

Article 4: During the Duration of the Treaty no party is to intentionally claim titles belonging to the other said parties and likewise the other parties cannot lay claims on the others. There is to be no war between any of the said parties period the greater enemy must be dealt with.

Article 5: All said parties have an obligation to uphold the integrety of the realms of the other parties and MUST offer assistance should another party be in need of it and is duty bound to act in good faith and provide tha assistance if offered.

Article 6: The Coalition only applies to fighting the Heathens and Heretics in the Iberian Penensula, outside wars are not the problem of the other parties. ((Example a war between England and Denmark would not require the mobilization of the French and Italian militaries))

Article 7: Spain will be divided into 4 theatres of Operation: North Africa, Castille, Catalonia, and Ibernia (Portugal). France will fight in Castille, Italy in Catalonia and Britain in Ibernia. And likewise gain control over those territories until a time in which a strong Spanish Monarch may reclaim the throne.

Sub Article 7 b) Should a nation be unable to continue the fight the lands currently occupied will fall under their and the other said parties to protect but is not the obligation to turn over lands in that said nations threatre to it should an other party take it during the campaign.

((Essentially this is not a welfare check it is YOUR damn responsibility to fight the Moors! if you fail at it you can keep what you/us took and well help protect it but we/you are not required to give back territory within your sphere to you if your unable to get it and we are. This is not a free ride all of us will spill much blood for this))

Article 8: There is no official "leader" to the Alliance, all said parties are full and equal partners with the intentions of cooperating for the good of the Spanish and Portugeuse Christians.

Article 9: This Treaty is null and void should:

A) The participating Parties are unable to renew the treaty after 4 Years.

B) Should one of the Initial Parties collapse due to outside Pressue/invasion.

C) Should the combined debts/loses get so great as to prevent 2/3-/3/3 of the intitial signers to continue the war leaving any who wish to continue on their own and nolonger under the protection of that treaty.

D) It is the obligation of the Monarch to fight the war should he/she sign on however, should the King die and a new King takes his place he/she is ALSO obligated to continue and is not a clause for voided the treaty this is a huge endevor.

E) Should any of the Initial Parties Withdraw Unilaterally from the Treaty Before the Renewal Phase.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Justinian_A said:
We absolutely refuse to consider giving up claims on any area of Syria or Aleppo. As far as Palestine is concerned, we would be willing to consider giving up claims on Tyre, Acre, and Jaffa for the rest of Palestine and the Transjordan. We do not care about Egypt or Arabia.

To the King of Venice -

Do you not remember this agreement, or is it war you wish for? You have taken lands in the middle east far past the boundaries we agreed on. I will make war on any and all vassals you have there to take what is mine as per our agreement.

The King of Georgia, Cuman, Bolgar, and Aleppo.

My lands I have not moved since we last spoke, alot of the fighting has been by Byzantium, and lands gained have been done defencively, as you can probably tell our conquests have been focused in North Africa and Tunisia. the King of Italia denies the accusations that we vialated any previous agreements.

I am looking at the map right now. You have many vassals outside of the coastal strip of Palestine. According to our agreement, I claimed everything in Palestine and the Transjordan that is not on that coastal strip of land....Beiruit, Tyrus, Acre...which, interestingly enough, you've not taken. Also, I do claim all of Syria. In no way shall we allow the Holy City to remain in the hands of heretic Papists. In any case, know that I will attack these vassals of yours and absorb them when my southern border reaches them.

I have not broken any agreements that we have held I had no choice but to annex those lands from the Muhadmidists in self defence and I have no problem with giving those lands that rightfully belong to you to you.

But I ask for patience and understanding for I think we both have a different definition of "coastal" I had imagined having the lands bordering the sea and a few of the internal territories, maybe up to 2-3 counties in to ensure the security of the coastal regions so I ask that we review our agreement and make sure that we both have a solid understanding if what we both agreed to.

Also any and all attempts at aggression on vassals loyal to the Throne of Italy before this has been sufficiently sorted out will result in our Declaration of war vs the Empre of the Caucasus and we will defend ourselves with every means at our desposal if war is forced upon us.

Sid Meier said:
I have not broken any agreements that we have held I had no choice but to annex those lands from the Muhadmidists in self defence and I have no problem with giving those lands that rightfully belong to you to you.

But I ask for patience and understanding for I think we both have a different definition of "coastal" I had imagined having the lands bordering the sea and a few of the internal territories, maybe up to 2-3 counties in to ensure the security of the coastal regions so I ask that we review our agreement and make sure that we both have a solid understanding if what we both agreed to.

If you look at the agreement, it clearly specifies Tyre, Acre, and Jaffa to you - the rest of Palestine and the Oultrejourdaine to the Georgian Empire. I also specified that I would not cede a single province of Syria, as I intend to add it whole to my Empire. If you didn't like the specified terms then, why did you agree to it? In any case, I am open to very limited renegotiation of the terms. If you dare to declare war on the Georgian Empire, I shall take your capital of Venice itself as my personal playground, and aid my Hungarian ally in devouring your Balkan possessions like a insatiable fiend.