• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Le Francais hereby declare our support for Georgia and announce our favoir upon dis Georgians pour dis honor.

I don't mind if he posts in French, just as long as he follows it with an English translation. :)

Kiev wishes to register its protest against the unfriendly words of the French and Georgian kingdoms. The Treaty of Akershus is an agreement between sovereign states, and as such does not concern the kings of far-off countries in Western Europe. Moreover, it is a purely defensive alliance, intended only to restrain aggressive acts by the most belligerent nation in the Baltic area. Surely there can be no objection to a treaty intended only to secure peace and freedom for all nations?

But it est un unfriendly treaty to ze Poles! Vouz containing them beyond ze ability to tolerate le treaty, it will only provoke le geurre between le nations de Poland et Ukraine.

Drop le article about ze natives et les pagans, allow ze Poles to expand within those realms, otherwise ze treaty est unfair in the eyes of the world.

Comment..... Nous Francais may have another idea in ze mind.... drop ze foolish article and ze Francais may be able to make... compensations...

The Queen of Croatia wonders why the sovereigns of Norway and Kiev would attempt to stop our dear Polish friends from bringing Christianity to the northern heathens. I don't see this as an attempt to promote peace, but rather to impose their will on Poland. The Queen of Croatia objects most strongly to it.

All I can say is, Bravo!!

Truly, Kievan diplomats are true masters of their craft if they are able to convince a nation that has no interests located near Poland that they are in dire need of "protection" from an aggressive Poland. I admire a country that can get others to do their dirty work.

Poland has already stated, before this treaty came out, that we have no interest in Finland or Livonia. We consider the dividing line between Kievan and Polish interests to be the Dvina. Maybe you didnt hear Poland amidst all the saber rattling??

Please note, if you want so deperately for Poland to be your enemy, this treaty is a great way to do it. We will not be hemmed in by other powers that threaten us.

If indeed Poland has no interest in lands beyond the Dvina, why then, it is in no way 'hemmed in' by a treaty to protect the independence of those lands. And likewise, since it has no aggressive intentions, as it so ably demonstrated with its recent, peaceful attack on a loyal Kievan vassal, certainly it cannot be threatened by a purely defensive alliance. So, really, all must be for the best in this best of all possible worlds, and all is peace and amity between the nations.

The Queen of Croatia is making it known that she will protect her ally, the Kingdom of Hungary, while the king himself is away hunting the great monster boar of the Carpathians.

His Majesty would like to say a few words to both the Queen of Croatia and the Polish King. First, he told me to say, that Christianity can be delivered peacefully, like it was in both Norway and Poland. As you may know, both were pagan, and we didn't convert them by simply killing them all. Second, if the Polish King has no intentions over those areas, then he has nothing to fear from Norway, but shall he ever declare war on any of those "peace loving" counties, then he can be sure that by the next month he will have an army battering at his door.

I, representing the Kingdom of Venice, Croatia and assorted Duchies would like to negotiate the partition of the Balkans in the hopes of peace and continued friendship between out peoples.

We would like to provide a rough blue print for peace that we believe shall serve all of our needs and provide mutual security and economic benefits.

Here is the future mutal border I propose:

Here are my claims:

italia2ht.gif

The you see is to maintain the security of Venetian Adriatic shipping and to provide a jumping point for attacks on heathen trade and provide the nessasary forward position of incursions into Eqypt.

(OOC) note for some reason I dont have an autosave thats more recent, can someone send me the save blayne.bradley@gmail.com(/OOC)

partitionofbyzantine5ug.gif

Here's I propose a pretty even split between out nations including giving that little province waaay up north to Kiev, also the split is very even, its recognizes that Georgia can have all the influence it wishes in Turkey and a buffer zone between us in the Balkans. Next, out of all of us because of the limited amount of space involved and considering longterm considerations Hungary gets the most space out of all of us.

Here's is an extrapolation between the Kingdom of Venice and the Kingdom of Hungary's claims.

partitionofbyzantineprt29ov.gif

As we can all see this is all very valid,

inreturn each one of us will recognize each others claims in the region, and sign an agreement of non aggression with each other to support cross Balkans trade and prosperity (Note NAP does only considers the Balkans) for the next 50 years.

I hope this treaty is considerate, and I believe that it is a fair and balanced deal.

The King of Georgia, Cuman, and Bolgar absolutely rejects this map by the Papists. Greece is Orthodox, and shall always remain so. The King, and future Emperor, claims all territory below the Serbian-Bulgarian province line of Zeta-Naissus-Strymon-Serdica-Mesembria.

Any Italian excursions into this territory will be seen as just cause for war, and will void any agreements I have made not to take any of the current territory of the Kingdom of Venice-Croatia.

My stalwart ally, the King of Hungary, will receive the lands of Bulgaria and Serbia, and we shall stand strong against anyone who attempts to encroach in the area.

On another note, the King of Georgia-Cuman-Bolgar would like to open negotiations with the Prince of the Rus to negotiate fixed borders in Russia. My priorities lie in the Meditteranean and the Middle East, so let us discuss borders in the north that would be satisfactory for both of us.

Of course, making an agreement that would keep the Princes of the Rus neutral in the event of a war between the Holy Georgian Orthodox Empire and the Venetian Heretics of Rome would tend to make me more generous in our redrawing of Russian boundaries.

Last edited:
You must realize that our proposal is just, would benefit all of us, you siezing Greece, our brothers and sisters since the days of the Senate and the People of Rome, and we shall reclaim the lands once belonging to our ancesters and liberate them from the slavery of the Bulgarians and protect them from the incursions of the heathen Moslems.

The treaty could easily be renegotiated to include only Kiev, Italy and Hungary. /hint

Greece, and the adriatic must go to Italy but we are willing to partition Greece in of itself between the Kingdom of Venice with the Kingdom of Georgia.

The Kingdom of Georgia absolutely refuses to give up a single Grecian province. Any encroachment by the Italian papists will mean war.

Your threat of a three-way alliance against me comes to nothing, because unlike you, I have claims and ownership on territory I'd be willing to give up to both Kiev and Hungary to secure treaties in order to achieve my primary goal of rebuilding the Byzantine Empire under my leadership.

Last edited:
And I have rendered aid to Kiev, so at best they'ld be neutral. And we have done our best to maintain ood relations with Hungary, gladly ignoring Bulgaria's request for aid and recognizing their claims.

I do not believe that Georgia gaining control of Greece is in your best interests, after all if you gain it you may very well upset your neighbours, it undoubtably makes me nervous for it puts you in a overextended position with a long border with Hungary and very close to my centers of strength.

Maybe it would be in our best interests for neither of us to have Greece since it appears to be the case where it will only lead to blood, tears and folly.

I shall not rest until I have put Greece and it's Orthodox inhabitants under my protection as the Emperor of Byzantium. The King of Georgia suggests that you turn your attention to the south of Italy where your fellow papists reside.

For now we have no choice but to do so but this is not over yet, not by a long shot.

Indeed, indeed. No Papist shall ever rule the proud Greeks.

The hunchbacked King of Hungary wholeheartedly supports Georgian claims over Greece and recognizes the Zeta-Naissus-Strymon-Serdica-Mesembria demarcation line that will divide Hungary and Georgia in the future. We will stand shoulder to shoulder with our Georgian allies (related with us by blood, no less) and fight against any further Venetian incursions into the Balkans. The most we can allow is the taking of the county of Ragusa (now held by the Duke of Serbia) by Venetian troops. Anything more will give us cause to make war against the Venetian/Italian realm.
devil.gif

wait about the lands currently owned by the HRE, a land bridge to venice is perfectly acceptable correct? hmm

Last edited: