• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paradox can write what wants here, but the real problem is how law is acting in sweden, and i really don't know about this. In italy we have a law protecting intelectual works and against oppressing previsions (clausole vessatorie), but i don't know what is going on in sweden.

Originally posted by tpc
that means that everything he has done is posted right? which means it's all the property of paradox, correct?
Unfortunately it is not that simple. As the quoted copyright statement says, you are agreeing to the terms by posting on the board. This allows two interpretations:
1. by using the board (even if it's only once), you are accepting the terms generally for everything on the board
2. you are accepting the terms specifically for each item you post when you post it

If 1 is true, we indeed don't have to care about Crook since all material he is asking us to remove has been posted on the board and he, having posted on the board a lot, has acknowledged that everything posted on the board is solely Paradox's intellectual property.
If 2 is true however, the fact that all the EEP has been posted doesn't matter because it was not him who posted it and he thus did not renounce his right to all his intellectual property.
I'm no expert on law, either, though.

Originally posted by Barbalele
Paradox can write what wants here, but the real problem is how law is acting in sweden, and i really don't know about this. In italy we have a law protecting intelectual works and against oppressing previsions (clausole vessatorie), but i don't know what is going on in sweden.

However there are the forum terms that everybody agrees to by posting in the forum. It is possible everywhere and perfectly legal to voluntarily give away your property and the right to it and by posting on the forum and accepting the copyright agreement you are actually doing that.

I was merely referring to the material Crook personally prepared and for which he feels a somewhat understandable continued attachment to/ownership of.

I don' think his opinion of AGC/EEP merge should matter to anyone involved at this point in time.

Prehaps one could convince him to allow the events to be in 1.4.1 or what ever the next step is, thus not delaying it. In turn the events would be rewrittin/removed following that version.
(drastically edited posted)

I'd like to assure y'all that something will be done and that as usual information will be given out about what is to happen when we have it. That being said, I'd like to put forth the plea that all speculation and what have you in this thread stop. There's no need to question legality as it will never come to that and will all no thats its a horrible situation, so we don't need any post about that. If you have any questions, you can always pm one of the five of us, of course. And so to close, I'd just like your patience as this matter gets sorted out.

i hereby do affirm that i will stop speculating on the aforementioned matters insofar as my "will" has something to do with it. *assumes rodinesque pose*

We aren't dictators, so there is a need to inform the community about changes that are to occur. If you look in mnorrefeldt's initial announcement not once did he ask for input. Now I'm not saying input is bad, but at this time, I think it'd be best not to have any until more is known. No good can come of speculation at the moment.

Originally posted by Garbon
The other part of this, is that this is a plea simply from me. Thank you though and you also tpc.
you're welcome of course ... glad you didn't take it as being too flippant.

my speculative post has been deleted for good measure. ;)

@Mnorrefeldt

Crook needs to specify what parts of his work he needs to be removed if he wants to make any legal action in the future. Nor you nor Twoflower or any other member of the forum can be forced for extensive search cause that is his wish.
Moreover any such action would be just a stupidity as his chances for win would be rather low.

At the end - many of his events about Eastern Europe is not historically valid. Some are just lightly changed events from AGC made originally by me, some are just amusing like this vodka event for Russia. I have some suspicious thoughts that most part of the stuff he never posted on the forum are exactly these events.

Because me, Caliga, Woreczko, Twoflower, RepublicofGenoa, Garbon and some others are working on the area then I think that the project will not lose much after removal of all stuff he wants to be removed even if some good events will vanish that way too.

Originally posted by Garbon
If only Paradox had a system to post or send messages to only one user...;)

It was not my intention to say it to Mnorrefeldt exclusively. The @ mark was added cause it was him who seems to deal with Crook and I wanted to be clear about it. The message I gave, IMO, should be visible to everyone.

Originally posted by vilkouak
@Mnorrefeldt

Crook needs to specify what parts of his work he needs to be removed if he wants to make any legal action in the future. Nor you nor Twoflower or any other member of the forum can be forced for extensive search cause that is his wish.
Moreover any such action would be just a stupidity as his chances for win would be rather low.

At the end - many of his events about Eastern Europe is not historically valid. Some are just lightly changed events from AGC made originally by me, some are just amusing like this vodka event for Russia. I have some suspicious thoughts that most part of the stuff he never posted on the forum are exactly these events.

Because me, Caliga, Woreczko, Twoflower, RepublicofGenoa, Garbon and some others are working on the area then I think that the project will not lose much after removal of all stuff he wants to be removed even if some good events will vanish that way too.

I'm not speculating about the legal consequenses, and have never done so. For me it is just a matter of decency, and respecing what have been done here for others to use.

As to your historical views, Crook do not share them of course, and are unable to defend them as well. That is also a reason he want's them removed, he put in a lot of work and cannot defend his decisions here.

Originally posted by mnorrefeldt

As to your historical views, Crook do not share them of course, and are unable to defend them as well. That is also a reason he want's them removed, he put in a lot of work and cannot defend his decisions here.

Well, he's to blame for not being able to post anymore. I'm perfectly convinced Uglyduck banned him for a sound reason (he said something about an insulting e-mail to him iirc).

Crook seems to believe his work is all-important and that he can do a great deal of damage to the project. Let's prove that we can do without it and that this person can be entirely forgotten. Having thought about it, I think we should just comply to his wish, delete everything he has ever done, put in revised versions that have been discussed instead of just autocratically put in and remove all mentions of his names in credits. If he's eager to kill the thankful memory of his work and his person the EEP had and thus render his efforts entirely useless, he can have that.

if that is to happen everything he has done must be reresearched. if his events are sound (better yet, if they are great) then just leave them in and give him credit. doing loads of extra work just to spite him seems like a waste of time

-Matt

I really, honestly and truly cannot understand why your even listening to this guy. I'm no expert on the EEP or scriptwriting or anything much to do with the games mechanics other than the fact that I find the game and EEP itself extremely enjoyable and fun. What Crook is doing is sabotaging it for reasons which are obviously selfish, and furthermore, IMHO, both childish and malicious. Why do you even bother to take this guy, who's already, essentially washed his hands of you, seriously. When did this stop being about fun? For god's sake its just a game, have a good time with it, and if some sourpuss your never going to meet, unless he drags you into court, which he won't, tells you to to undermine everyone's pleasure for his own entirely asinine reasons, tell him to go to hell. People like Crook are what's wrong with the world today, we have to deal with them in everyday life, why can't you use the security and anonimity which exists here, in spite of the community which has developed around this project (the EEP / AGC), to just ignore him. :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.