• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norrefeldt

Porphyrogenitus
Aug 1, 2001
Visit site
One thing that is the consequence of a merger is that Crook will remove his material. He has his reasons and they will NOT be discussed here! He has decided to remove his stuff for EEP 1.4.1 as well, for less obvious reasons.
I'll take out Uzbek/Khorasan/India events, and Russian/GH/Lithuanian

For those working on any of these areas, eventually we have to look through what he has done, events and leaders mostly, since the setup is well covered by more recent debates, revise and repost it. The reason he can have it removed is that some was never submitted in EEP forum, thus it is not the property of Paradox.

EDIT: Last sentence.

Last edited:
I'm guessing everything with his name on it...

Are we removing just the stuff he coded, the stuff he had the ideas for, or both? Looking through the event files, it seems like a lot of stuff was done or influenced by Crook, so I'm curious just how much stuff will be removed.

Originally posted by Stonewall
Are we removing just the stuff he coded, the stuff he had the ideas for, or both? Looking through the event files, it seems like a lot of stuff was done or influenced by Crook, so I'm curious just how much stuff will be removed.
If it was posted here, its property of Paradox....

I think that's a damn shame, but I do think it's probably best to comply with Crook's wishes.

Well, Crook is really not acting nicely right now, considering what mnorre told about his mails (I'm avoiding to say he's being an asshole, although that's pretty much the case). He demands the material to be removed for 1.4.1 because he feels there is "too much influence from the AGC in that area" when the changes proposed there recently are far from being ready for 1.4.1. which is only a bug-fixing patch. Hence, I don't see any reason to comply with his wishes unless we have to (i.e. he could force us to do so). With a person whose only objective seems to be to sabotage the merged project and even EEP 1.4 which is still done in his spirit (almost all the changes adapted had been suggested when he was still around as inquisitor and he didn't object back then) because of his personal hostility towards the AGC and maybe frustration about his ban, I don't think we're morally obliged to treat his wishes nicely.
The EEP has to pay much credit to his awesome work as inquisitor, but he's destroying a lot of that by his unfair, evil-meaning behaviour now.

Originally posted by mnorrefeldt
1.4.1 is not far off, but if Crook wants to remove his stuff and we then have to reexamine it again, since it might not be playable, then it will take some more weeks. The people dedicating a lot of time to this project have not deserved this at all...

I say: Let's just ignore Crook unless we have to comply. He has no sensible reason to demand this for 1.4.1 and only seems to be keen on hurting the EEP.
If this is really needed, I volunteer to search for what material he posted in forum threads and is therefore not his property.

Why does he want the material? I thought he quit modding for good. So if he doesn't let the EEP use it, probably no-one will ever end up using it. Which is a pity.

I thought if it was posted on this site then it's technically Paradox's property.

Originally posted by The Junker
Why does he want the material? I thought he quit modding for good. So if he doesn't let the EEP use it, probably no-one will ever end up using it. Which is a pity.

I thought if it was posted on this site then it's technically Paradox's property.

The problem afaik is that some of it was never posted in the forum, but implemented right away by him (which was one of the reasons for the reproaches of him acting in an autocratic way).
In fact, we should find out definitely whose property Crook's material included in EEP 1.4 is, not to be able to ignore him entirely, but to make him know that he cannot demand us to do so and will have to ask and accept compromises.

I never understood how someone can get this emotional about such stuff.:(

But I won´t get this one started again.

Reading over this thread and was wondering, since version 1.4 of EEP has the address "http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/attachment.php?" when you try to download it wouldn't it mean that it would be included as "posted material". As such all parts of it would belong to Paradox including all events within the file. This of course assumes that the above address actually holds the file and is not just a redirect.

Originally posted by CirMag
Reading over this thread and was wondering, since version 1.4 of EEP has the address "http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/attachment.php?" when you try to download it wouldn't it mean that it would be included as "posted material". As such all parts of it would belong to Paradox including all events within the file. This of course assumes that the above address actually holds the file and is not just a redirect.

:rolleyes: Errh, you are right, it is posted, as an attachment. Not redirected as far as i can tell....

im glad that the remaining members of the eep/agc are still sane. i agree with archduke - why can something like this (whatever his problem was) get him so mad that he is willing to cut off his nose to spite his face? with any luck you all can include his material in future patches. the eep has been great and is getting better all the time. thanks for all your efforts

-Matt

I'm not a legal experte, but what i think is that if he really want eep not using his material he has the possibilty to forbid it.
After all it's his unpaied work. Even if i'm really displeased of such a mess. But you can try to use it even if and see what's going to happen. Maybe he is not mad enough to lose time and money with a legal action.

Originally posted by Barbalele
I'm not a legal experte, but what i think is that if he really want eep not using his material he has the possibilty to forbid it.
After all it's his unpaied work. Even if i'm really displeased of such a mess. But you can try to use it even if and see what's going to happen. Maybe he is not mad enough to lose time and money with a legal action.

All content posted on the message boards of Paradox is the exclusive intellectual property of Paradox. Copyright ownership resides in that content by Paradox and the Company is free to use any of the content as they wish. Anyone other than Paradox seeking to reprint, republish, or reproduce content posted on the Paradox message boards must receive the express written permission from the Webmaster of the Paradox forum in which the content was posted. By posting on the Paradox message boards you are agreeing to the above and relinquishing all copyright to the contents of the post(s) to Paradox.
That's pretty clear, isn't it?

Originally posted by CirMag
that means that everything he has done is posted right? which means it's all the property of paradox, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.