• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by maxpublic
It doesn't matter a whit if the site is located in Sweden or not. In fact, it doesn't matter a damn what local Swedish law is.

Why? Because Sweden is a signatory to an international treaty on copyright law. So long as Sweden intends to abide by that treaty, then Sweden is compelled to follow the established international law which, not surprisingly, is an almost exact duplicate of American copyright law.

And that means that if some yahoo in Sweden were to 'claim' my intellectual property as his own simply because I posted on his web site (regardless of the EULA, since copyright assignment must be EXPLICIT and not IMPLICIT) he would be SOL. Wouldn't matter what the Swedish law was; because I'm an American the only law that applies is the international law, which, like I said, is virtually a carbon copy of American law.
Max

which is complete and utter BS...

some time ago a DUTCH person chatting on an English site, with someone from the US (a copper pretending to be sub-18), he went to the US to meet this person (whom he thought to be sub-18) and got ARRESTED, because his actions were against AMERICAN law, not Dutch or English or International law...
even better, the copper would be at fault here in the netherlands :)

on the topic: it is unfortunate that Crook wishes his events removed, and I think Mnore is right in his decision to leave them out. Doesn't matter if Crook can or cannot pursue legal action, there is no real reason to deny his request.

Status
Not open for further replies.