• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not a very convincing argument for there inclusion on your part.

Last edited:
Yes... I think you will have to come up with a really, really convincing and long argument to get that...

You could just edit your save file, which would be the easy way to do it.

Originally posted by King of Croatia
Dalmatia,Bosnia and Ragusa were all croatien in the 10 centuary.
That is not a very compelling argument for them being cores in the 15th-19th century, however. You will have to come up with a better argument than that :)

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen
That is not a very compelling argument for them being cores in the 15th-19th century, however. You will have to come up with a better argument than that :)

Your sig just keeps on growing, doesn't it?

It's amazing! :)

Originally posted by Vincent Julien
Your sig just keeps on growing, doesn't it?

It's amazing! :)

those 15 lines our longer then most of his posts :)

but you need to be able to convince eveyone that those people would be fine with croation rule, they had legit claims on the lands and they wern't part of hungary :)

Core provinces are meant to represent claims by the respective states to various pieces of land, as far as I'm aware. It's not based on population.

I agree on the dalmatia and Krain province I disagree with the Bosnia and Ragusan Provinces . I believe the Bosnians are Bosnians not Croats . However it would make sense to put both Ragusa and Bosnia to as Croatia AND Serbias core provinces ...
It would be quite realistic and FUN!!!:D

The population was mainly croatien in Dalmatia,Bosnia and Ragusa.
Well, that is a beginning. However, cultural ties are not, in general, enough to gain CBs in EU2.

Originally posted by Imperial Army
those 15 lines our longer then most of his posts
Bah. My .sig is nicely within the 10 line limit at 1280x1024 that is the forum maximum, and my average post length is much greater than 10 or even 15 lines because of my many AARs. Now stop this: It is OT.

Dalmatia was split between Croatia and Venice (and somewhat Ottomans/Bosnia) throughout the period. Dalmatia makes sense to me.

If Ragusa province actually represented Ragusa (Dubrovnik) then that would make sense too. To me, when I look at the map, it's much too far down the coast. But there is a decent case here.

I don't buy Bosnia. Did Croatia ever conquer it?

edit:
Croatian CB shields: Croatia, Krain, Istria, Dalmatia
Plans for next version of EEP.

Can paradox please put Dalmatia,Bosnia and Ragusa as Croatia core provinces in the next patch.

If it means so much to you, just look under Eu2/scenarios/1419/1419.cro, and scroll down to national provinces. Add the numbers 362, 364, and 365, so it looks like this:

nationalprovinces = {
362 364 365 366 367 368 }

Now you will have Dalmatia, Bosnia, and Ragusa as core provinces. You'll have to start a new game, though.

You can do the same for 1492 as well.

If you want more info on province numbers, check out:

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42046

I have been reading about Ragusa for 1515 RPG and from what I gather, they were subordinated ( perhaps vassal ) to Hungary-Croatia after a war with Venice in the 1300s in which Venice gave up their rights to Ragusa.

However, Ragusa was a very independent minded republic and I dont think anyone deserves a core on them really. Venice has no claim, and Hungary/Croatia has a claim to the region, but probably not by the will of the people. :(

Thats very shaky, but since +3 nationalism must mean the resistance of the nobility/peasants, then ragusa is no ones core but its own. :)

Actually, I think it would make more sense to put Istria as a core province than Bosnia, since a lot of Croatian nobility descends from the region (not Trieste itself though). Dalmatia would be ok, but Ragusa, as has been said already, has been independent republic for a long time, and did some skilled diplomacy/trading agreements to keep it that way. We're not talking about cultures here, but whether there were any claims on the land itself.

Why don't we release a mod where every single balkan state has CB's on every other balkan state - as that seems to be the case whenever these topics arise.

I mean - should England have core provinces on France / Normandy/Aquitaine becuase it's nobility were predominately French parented and they owned the lands between 1066 and 1204?

Should france have core provinces on England for the same reason?

It's not as simple as these assertions make it. The point about CB's and core provinces is to enable the game to unfold roughly as history happened. Croatia was not Balkan superpower during this period - Ottomans were and so was Hungary for the early part and Austria later on.