• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GOLANX

General
20 Badges
Mar 17, 2021
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
I wanted to express my views on how criminal Heritage would be reworked, some of these may already be coming in 3.0.

First criminal Heritage relies heavily on the espionage system, similar to the way void dwellers gain habitats if you don't have utopia, Heritage will have access to more of the espionage system even if you don't have nemesis. Criminal Heritage civic will be a hidden civic, in order to uncover it you must use espionage, you would see a laundromat civic (eg a front that isn't real) for their government if you don't have the Intel.

Second Criminal Heritage Branch Offices are hidden even to the host empire, Branch offices are established through the espionage system and as a result can fail, revealing them, any espionage event fail has the potential to reveal Branch Offices, this fail rate is affected by wether the host empire has discovered your civic, and the host can increase their counter espionage rating. Only known BOs can be expropriated from a host empire. Expropriation wars that defeat the CH will cause all BOs to be revealed and removed the CH will not be able to build BOs in the Victor's empire During the truce period, a Status Quo only closes BOs that are known to the host at the time, CH empire can still build BOs.
With the civic revealed other empires can use the investigation operation to find the Branch Offices of the CH. The CH has more operations it can run and will do so regularly increasing the chance they get caught.

Expropriation planetary decisions can be used to remove CH Offices without going to war, the CH will gain a cb when this happens. The planetary decision will cause a ground battle with the BO forces, if the host wins that office is removed, if the host loses the BO will dissappear and will need to be found again through the espionage system. Using the espionage system the CH empire can send armies to Planets their BOs are on to defend the BO, these forces cannot invade the planet on their own even in war, they will require forces from outside to invade and can join then.

Last edited:
I think they should leave telltale signs of their existence, you still won't be able to expropriate them without discovering them. I would turn off any alarms for crime caused by crime until it gets to a certain level, they bribed your officials so they won't raise alarms I'd also give them the ability to sway the governor and give him the corrupt modifier.

Other Megacorps are a problem, I would prefer they use different slots so this issue doesn't trigger but I doubt that's doable, either way knowing the telltale signs does not mean you can expropriate and remove the BOs.

It's one thing to know the Sinaloa Cartel is operating in your country, they leave behind plenty of telltale signs, catching them and stopping them is something else, how much do you spend on finding the Cartel? how much do you spend on policing? do you lock the addicts in a prison (Penal Colony)? These are the resources you use and what you use and how you use it and when you use it are up to you.

Also don't pretend like they are doing you a favor they are not. if they corrupt enough they will have armies on your planets and will reduce your stability to nil so that they can invade and turn you into a Subsidiary that no longer has the ability to expropriate their BOs
The whole "You know it's there just can't do anything about it directly" is already represented with the branch office, in the fact that you can't just remove it despite it being illegal. The two options to get rid of it are to go through the groundwork of tracking down bribed officials, shell companies, gangs, etc. (hiring more enforcers to get the crime down), or to basically just say "screw due process, we know they are there and we are going to force them out" and declaring war. That's what an expropriation war is.

If another megacorp used different slots than criminal branch offices would basically just be all good, since it meant you could have two branch offices on a planet.

Reactions: