• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I say that you should play as Ottoman empire with three objectives:

1) Reach and capture Vienna and thereby annexing austria
2) Unite all moslems, wether shiite or sunni
3) take all provinces around the med, including the black sea

I almost suceded with it once, I united all moslems(at least countries)
I captured Vienna and annexed austria, then almost entire 'germany'
And had two spanish provinces to go(a norwegian campaign against denmark took up the last fo the time)

Anyway, great work!

Well folks I'll be inactive for awile starting next week. I figure it will take a month or so to get my affairs totally settled. I will check in now and then but updates will be few. Don't worry this will get done, but I have to settle down and get ready for a couple huge changes. See ya latter

Sarah

As I stated in your Dutch AAR, good luck in settling affairs and return soon. I was finally able to catch up on this tale only to find no updates since my last comment. Must know how the maniacal Russian will continue!! :D

Hello, I'm here on a quick look to make sure all is well in AARland. I acctually found myself sad to leave my AARs so I spent some time making ONE upadate for all of them. An achivement if I do say so myself. I still need to edit and fine tune but I'll have them up by Tuesday-Thursday. Happy reading.

Sarah

Okay folks here is the deal. I'm very busy right now but can scrape together a chapter for this now and then. My question is are you fine with a random posting interval and maybe not getting updated for quite a bit of time? With no further ado let the story continue.

---------------------------------------

The world is at my command. Well not really but it sure did seem like that for a few glorious moments. That short lived feeling of glory when polish army after polish army collapses before me. Alas, as said short lived for Russians die the same as Poles and it seems as if the hordes of men that enter my lands will never weaken. It is my fault that they approach for it was I not the fool that that claims lordship over the Poles that enacted this latest conflict.

For what reason did I send my comrades to die a civilized man might ask? If I was presented with such a question I would not be able to promptly reply with a logical answer only the ramblings of madman as the conquered peoples of my country say. Some of the more observant readers of whatever I'm writing might have noticed a shift in my opinion towards ethic Russian. Tis, a good one to say the least. I have decided that I must ally with someone in order to control my homelands.

Massive revolts have ripped through my country in the years directly following the death of another one of my puppet monarchs. The latest one is a bigger git than the previous fools. It seems he is incapable of properly commanding a military force. This comes as a great disadvantage to me with plans based upon capturing the land of my ignorant neighbors. A few good generals are now in my service though. Very uplifting events were their arrivals indeed. By the year 1525 I was possessed by blood thirst. I needed war to contain my anger. The chosen target Poland.

Over the years of peace I had lets say greatly taxed my peasants in order to invest in land military tactics. The investment in coin and suffering was soon to pay of for me. With superior technology to the Poles and an army only slightly smaller than that off the enemy I declared war on June 25 1525. The timing could not have been more perfect as I soon saw as my legions advanced. They found the clusters of rebels that the Polish armies had been unsuccessful in routing and destroyed them along with the loyalist Poles who fought only half heartedly.

Despite these advantages the Polish still pulled together a large army to repel my forces. In May of 1527 a line had been established that my forces had no chance of breaking. It was at this time that peace talks began. This final verdict was by far in Russian favor. In the end all of the Russian territory captured by Poland in the last war was returned and the province of Kursk along with them. A small prize, but all the same an important one. In 1528 Russia had settled back into peace.

This period of peace would last until the end of this portion of my tale. I found it to be an uneventful time. The only engagement of military forces came when some ignorant rebel or another managed to get together some followers and decided to go burn down a few towns. As, I became accustomed to peace my merchants for the first time began to yield some profit from their work in local markets. The peasants were granted more freedom in a series of reforms. One way in which this period showed changes in the way in which I handle my minions was that for the first time I engaged in foreign relations.

Yes, very true indeed. I arranged for the sizzling wart that was monarch then to have his daughter wed to the prince of all Britain. Alas a less favorable aspect of diplomacy yet still an essential one was the bribing of French lords to gain Russian favor. In the future my plans for diplomacy are limited. Its' only purpose being to provide me with excuses to murder and pillage.

During the final years of this period I was surprised by the unusually high number of events that happened within my empire mimic. There was an heir the throne born. I don’t like this one at all he bit me the high lord foolish git. Bah! Another wave of disease struck. The hardest hit point was right around Moscow. My opinion upon the subject is that the Russians should have known better than to relieve themselves in the streets. Anyway I’m sure more of these pleasant little surprises will come soon oh yeah.

The year at this point is 1530. Objectives remain the same conquer and kill simple really. Coming events include the downfall of Poland and the collapse of Turkish power. Stick around to hear more tales of tyranny.

--------------------------------------------------

I'm back well on a limited basis. I check in maybe once or twice a week shameful by most people’s standards. I promise to update and continue my work here in AARland though I have a new term of collage and rebuilding my life in a new location to worry about. FYI I moved to London.

Thanks for reading, Sarah

Aha! The greatness of Poland is faltering, I see. :) Nice work. Can't wait to read more (hopefully you won't have too many more garbage monarchs to worry about :D).

Oh, and good luck settling in in London.

It's much more crowded and I'm cramped in this apartment, but oh well I'll get used it. I need alot of time for the next post the evil feelings are gone.

Good luck with the new surroundings and such. I can wait for whenever you are able to update. It actually helps me keep up with all of the tales I am reading if they post a little slower. However, don't assume I can wait forever. ;) Great work with the Poles again, by the way. :)