• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I really hope this hasn't come up before, but i really can't get this to work. I tried adding a new kingdom, which obly contains the duchy of holstein and is de jure part of the hre. Unfortunately it didn't work and i presume that's because Holstein is de jure part of Denmark and by extension Scandinavia. My new kingdom simply came out as a titular kingdom without territory.

Code

Result:

F884E203A23E23467229D11D7E130907FDB07774

Just to test this i added a new kingdom, which only contains the duchy of swabia and is part of the hre, which worked without a problem.

Code

Result:
FE46828A8735931AF7A4BA76D78C6DAD288CFD19

In both cases i cut and paste the duchy from the respective kingdoms and added it to mine, the only difference is that in the first attempt i did that between empires and in the second i did it within one empire. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I really hope this hasn't come up before, but i really can't get this to work. I tried adding a new kingdom, which obly contains the duchy of holstein and is de jure part of the hre. Unfortunately it didn't work and i presume that's because Holstein is de jure part of Denmark and by extension Scandinavia. My new kingdom simply came out as a titular kingdom without territory.

Code

Result:

F884E203A23E23467229D11D7E130907FDB07774

Just to test this i added a new kingdom, which only contains the duchy of swabia and is part of the hre, which worked without a problem.

Code

Result:
FE46828A8735931AF7A4BA76D78C6DAD288CFD19

In both cases i cut and paste the duchy from the respective kingdoms and added it to mine, the only difference is that in the first attempt i did that between empires and in the second i did it within one empire. Any ideas?

Unfortunately it didn't work and i presume that's because Holstein is de jure part of Denmark and by extension Scandinavia.

So it's straight up impossible to move duchies from empire to empire? That's very unfortunate.

So it's straight up impossible to move duchies from empire to empire? That's very unfortunate.
Didn't someone already tell you the problem was de jure changes in title history?

Didn't someone already tell you the problem was de jure changes in title history?
This is my second post in these forums, so no, noone told me. :D

I think you are referring to the post a few pages ago, i'm not sure if this is the same issue. I was also wondering if there was some kind of event based solution to switch the de jure borders on startup. The title i want to create is not supposed to be held by anyone at the start of the game. I also don't want to create a new empire, but add new kingdoms and by extension duchies to it.

Edit: I think i understand what you mean now, to assign holstein to a new kingdom i have to change the de jure affiliation in the history file for that duchy. I must have overlooked that earlier.

Last edited:
OK, looking at your pastebin snippet, it looks like you're trying to move it by adding the duchy to a new kingdom in a separate file in the landed_titles folder. I'm afraid you're going to have to edit landed_titles.txt (or, rather, a copy of it in your mod's common/landed_titles folder) to remove it from k_denmark if you want it de jure without title history changes. You really ought to look at title history to see who the liege of d_holstein is though. Looks like this, in history/titles/d_holstein.txt, is messing you up:
Code:
700.1.1 = {
   de_jure_liege = k_saxony
   liege = k_saxony
}
761.1.1={
   holder = 190474 #Hesso
}
782.1.1={
   holder = 0
   liege = 0
   de_jure_liege = k_denmark
}
d_swabia has no de jure liege changes, though it does have de facto liege changes (from k_lotharingia to k_germany to e_hre).

OK, looking at your pastebin snippet, it looks like you're trying to move it by adding the duchy to a new kingdom in a separate file in the landed_titles folder. I'm afraid you're going to have to edit landed_titles.txt (or, rather, a copy of it in your mod's common/landed_titles folder) to remove it from k_denmark if you want it de jure without title history changes. You really ought to look at title history to see who the liege of d_holstein is though. Looks like this, in history/titles/d_holstein.txt, is messing you up:
Code:
700.1.1 = {
   de_jure_liege = k_saxony
   liege = k_saxony
}
761.1.1={
   holder = 190474 #Hesso
}
782.1.1={
   holder = 0
   liege = 0
   de_jure_liege = k_denmark
}
d_swabia has no de jure liege changes, though it does have de facto liege changes (from k_lotharingia to k_germany to e_hre).

Thank you for the help, i'll look into it right away.

Hi, first time posting in here. I divided a duchy with 4 counties to two duchies with 2 counties each. The one that maintained the original name works ok. The problem is that the "new" one works fine but when starting at a later date (i.e. 1220) its counties dont have any building buit, and the other ones have tier 2 and 3 buildings. Why does this happen?