• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CCA

Major
79 Badges
Aug 19, 2005
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Empire of Sin
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • March of the Eagles
Nigeria's Independence
In the aftermath of the caos of the Great War Nigeria declared itself independent. The British were somewhat angry but were to lazy to punish Nigeria and they wanted to protect the country form foreign harm so they guaranteed Nigeria's Independence. The Nigerians were relieved but a little bit annoyed that although this gave them time to prepare the worlds perception of Nigeria was that it was a puppet state. Nigeria would show the world what a folish pereption that was soon but not yet......
Here are the details of the Cabinet:

A map of Nigeria:

(nigeria is red)

PS anyone can tell me how to give yourself a claim to a province, I'm planning to give myself cores all over africa but don't know how!!

Are you going for start as UK, liberate then reload? If so then edit the save game file (.eug) find the bit starting

country = {
tag = NIG
ai = {

then go down to nationalprovinces and put in all the province IDs for what you want to claim but now own at the start.

As for the idea, it's different I'll give it that. Ignoring the plausibilty (Nigeria not a puppet or even Allied to the UK) it's going to be a hell of a challenge. Most of Africa is French or British, either one on their own would tear you apart. An independent un-allied South Africa might be takeable, but they're not so they're out as well. Liberia being a US puppet would be suicide to attack so ignore them. Italian Africa, while far weaker than the Allies and the US is still way out of your league (You've got 9IC!)

In short you have Portugal left as almost a close match.

I do hope I haven't been offputting but without joining a major alliance I think your African expansion will be severly limited.

looks like you'll have a hard journy, but it'll be worth it.

wonder how far the Nigerian Empire will go :D . Good start btw.

El Pip said:
Are you going for start as UK, liberate then reload? If so then edit the save game file (.eug) find the bit starting

country = {
tag = NIG
ai = {

then go down to nationalprovinces and put in all the province IDs for what you want to claim but now own at the start.

As for the idea, it's different I'll give it that. Ignoring the plausibilty (Nigeria not a puppet or even Allied to the UK) it's going to be a hell of a challenge. Most of Africa is French or British, either one on their own would tear you apart. An independent un-allied South Africa might be takeable, but they're not so they're out as well. Liberia being a US puppet would be suicide to attack so ignore them. Italian Africa, while far weaker than the Allies and the US is still way out of your league (You've got 9IC!)

In short you have Portugal left as almost a close match.

I do hope I haven't been offputting but without joining a major alliance I think your African expansion will be severly limited.
I was actually thinking of taking portugal on myslef you guesed my plan

Preparations
NAVAL
In order to have the strenght to take on Portugal a navy needed to be created. Great War Air Carriers were researched and a transport squadron built. The first ever combat ship of the Nigerian Navy the HMNS Independence a air carrier of WWI technology was being constructed at the Lagos Naval Base

LAND
Several Serial builds of infantry and militia were assigned and by February the Nigerian Empire had 2 out of 3 infantry divisions and 6 out of 9 Militia in readiness for war with Portugal.
INDUSTRY
Improved Industrial Manufacturing tools were researched with the net result of boosting Nigeria's IC to 10.
AIRFORCE
The Nigerian Airforce consisted of a Great War Carrier squadron but a Close Support Aircraft research project had been aproved and was cuurently being researched.

I just started to follow this AAR, I'd say after portugal, ally with the allies and make huge territorial gains on Vichy France if they ever happen. So when the eventual civil war comes around (Nigerian civil war) ther can be a bunch more factions. :rofl:

Also, what do your tech teams look like?

Skill 1?

Runtito said:
I just started to follow this AAR, I'd say after portugal, ally with the allies and make huge territorial gains on Vichy France if they ever happen. So when the eventual civil war comes around (Nigerian civil war) ther can be a bunch more factions. :rofl:

Also, what do your tech teams look like?

Skill 1?
nearly every one is Skill two with the naval tech team being skill 3

The Portugese-Nigerian War Phase One
The Portugese-Nigerian War started as a result of Nigeria's lack of Energy sources and it's desire to rule Africa. It started on April 20 1937 and Nigeria since it possesed only one transport ship as it's navy could only ferry one division at a time to nearby Portugese Angola. The Portugese Army was taken by surprise, the Nigerian landing had taken out the only province with a beach. The Nigerian Army eventually ended up sending 2 out of 3 infantry and 2 out of 12 militia divisions. By June 28 1937 Angola was fully Nigerian.

The next step was the seizure of Portuagal itself in order to gain a profitable peace, befoe that a naval base had to be seize. The portugese nanal base in(can't remmember ill edit when id do) was seized and troops were built up for an Invasion of the Portugese mainland. The preaparations were complete by July 27the and an armada was sent to capture Portugal. By August 2nd they succeeded in securing a beachead and reinforcements were on their way.

Thaaaaat's all for now

This looks fun.

Victory
After capturing Lisaboa, the Portugese government gave Nigeria nearly all of it's overseas colonies. Of the colonies that were not given, they were left landlocked and there was no way to access them. Now that Macao was Nigerian the Nigerian government was seriouslly considering a Chiniese Intervention Force. This map shows the final positions in portugal before the Armistice

A Chinese Intervention Force? Safe to say you're not thinking small. Of course, this helpfully gives you a few critical naval bases about the place. A very useful war, all told.

of course you'll need a few more transports...maybe you could intervene in the war with guangxi clique? ;)