• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(231456)

Sergeant
5 Badges
Oct 19, 2010
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Iron Cross
Please help
How it is possible to damage created unit? (How to get the ID?)
It would be best to create damaged unit in one event...

example:
command = { type = add_division which = "Panzer Gruppe I." value = 4 }
command = { type = damage_division which = "Panzer Gruppe I." where = 80 }

The game engine is not recognising the name id in damage_division command.

???

So, basically spoken:
The only way, how to manipulate with unit strength is to code the ID into .inc file.
(There is no chance to know, which ID has been attached to non-predefined unit (created during gameplay or even by event), for further editing, am I right?)

So, basically spoken:
The only way, how to manipulate with unit strength is to code the ID into .inc file.
(There is no chance to know, which ID has been attached to non-predefined unit (created during gameplay or even by event), for further editing, am I right?)
I said in previous post that you should perhaps also look in your save game file.

Just type the name of the unit you want to change.
It should look like:
land_unit = {
which = x id = x
leader = x location = x
division = {
which = x id = x

Bold is what you want. (approximate coding cant access game files now)

Thank you for answering me, you are very kind, but I am probably being misunderstood:

I want to create an event, to add an unit (add_division), which will be unable to get 100 % of strength (damage_division).
I want to have it as an automated process (the event is unable to look into save game)
And I want to edit only the event file (.txt file of the events, while the .inc file will be let untouched).

There should have been an event saying ie "whatever GER or USA units are within these province id's, they get an org hit"

But I don't think there is such a command in Clausewitz. You can do it for units you create via event but you can't do it for units the AI moves according to the front AI. That's what I think anyway

Last edited:
You can

type = add_corps which = [name] value = [land/air/naval] when = [leader ID] where = [province_ID]
type = add_division which = [name] value = [div type] when = model where = [brigade type]
type = disorg_division which = [div id type/-1] value = [div id id] where = X# where = Percent of Max Strength. Negative value is org gain.
type = damage_division which = [div id type/-1] value = [div id id] where = X# where = Percent of Max Strength. Negative value is strength gain.

But only for adding new uinits via event. I don't think you can apply this to specific ingame divisions unless you can source the division id info in the savegame, and I'm not sure how this is possible. If there was a province id parameter in the disorg and damage commands.. would be nice but I'm not certain if there is one.