• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Trovador

First Lieutenant
59 Badges
Dec 23, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
Someone (Ruwaard, here) finally discovered how to give titular titles to characters - or, actually, how to give owners to the titular titles.

With this structure, it's fairly easy to add creatable titular titles on decision. The mod, for now, allows the creation of Navarra, Galicia and the Latin Empire if the owner is not yet a king, and has the correct title as his primary one (as well as the provinces and/or culture).

Feel free to create another decisions and post here, and I'll add them to the 'main mod'.
With only a little more of work, we can easily create titular kingdoms of Occitania, Lotharingia, Lowlands etc without messing with the 'de jure' kingdoms system. The same can be said about empires of Hispania, Great Britain, Scandinavia and others.

For now, it features:
-Kingdom of Galicia
-Kingdom of Navarra
-Latin Empire

Download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?66t259pza9v1riw

I see that you made certain conditions optional. :) However may I suggest to add more required territories to form the Latin Empire, on it's height the duchies of Adrianopolis, Thessalonika (IIRC that actually was a vassal kingdom of the Latin Empire), Athens and Achaia also belonged to the Latin Empire.

You could also make a version for imperial vassals, but that might only really be needed for any titular kingdom within the de jure and de facto borders of the empire, for instance if new titular kingdoms like Lotharingia (although I would mod that in as a regular kingdom),Frisia/Friesland or Sardinia & Corsica (de jure kingdom of Italy, but de facto considered a part of the HRE).

This can be done by adding a line, so for instance for Cyprus (royal crown was granted by the HR emperor), it will look like:

k_cyprus = {
gain_title = FROM
FROM = { set_defacto_liege = e_hre }
}

So that the imperial vassal won't become independent instantly. OTOH to prevent any of the empires of getting a too great advantage out of this, this should probably only apply for titular kingdoms within the de jure borders of the empire; and for the HRE that should be extended to the kingdoms of Italy and Burgundy, which IRL were a part of the HRE. Maybe de jure imperial vassals should even get revassalized in exchange for a crown, in all other situations being independent probably works best.

Last edited:
Good job.

A question, as far as I can see you grant the title to someone who meets these conditions, but what if the titular kingdom exists somewhere else, will it be usurped? Have you tested?

Good job.

A question, as far as I can see you grant the title to someone who meets these conditions, but what if the titular kingdom exists somewhere else, will it be usurped? Have you tested?

I agree, maybe a NOT = { is_title_active = k_navarra } etc. should be added to the list of potential.

I have not tested it, but I hope it's usurped - it would make sense, at least. I'll test what happens, and if needed I'll put the restriction that you can't create a title that already exists.

And, thank you again, Ruwaard - I didn't even know we could set de facto lieges like that.

I've *almost* created a decent decision for Kingdom of Occitania, but I can't not get the is_liege_of trigger to work.
I've tried
is_liege_of = c_saintonge
as well as
is_liege_of = 143

and both of them end up looking like this and not working:

I don't know anything about the EU3/CK2 engine. But must such decisions always be very literal about the land and title required and the title formed, or can these by dynamic in some? i.e. if you own 4+ duchies and are independant then you can create a titular kingdom, and it asks you for the name (like with a child)?

I don't know anything about the EU3/CK2 engine. But must such decisions always be very literal about the land and title required and the title formed, or can these by dynamic in some? i.e. if you own 4+ duchies and are independant then you can create a titular kingdom, and it asks you for the name (like with a child)?

Nope, it does not work this way - the titular titles need to be defined the same way as the de jure are.

This is really cool. What's with the restriction on Kings though? And same thought on the culture front. Seems...unnecessary until one is adding in culture specific titles like Almohads or Fatimids.

Actually might be useful to keep the king restriction in for titles like Almohads/Fatimids/Ottomans. That way instead of mongol arrival events for such kingdoms, you know that you have a duke of sorts who is now strong enough to throw his weight around.

Last edited:
Hay guys, I've got an idea and I need a little help developing it. My idea is to create a titular "Spanish Empire" but have the top title as just king though (but have it under the Empire tier so the ruler can also be king of Castile, Aragon and Leon). Can anyone with experience in the field advise if my idea is possible?

Can something titular be created for the coptic faiths. Sort of like Be a monophysite and own kingdom of Egypt to create Coptic empire?
Or something that adds a church to the Coptic faith. Would be really cool having a third catholic "empire" in the world.

This is really cool. What's with the restriction on Kings though? And same thought on the culture front. Seems...unnecessary until one is adding in culture specific titles like Almohads or Fatimids.

Actually might be useful to keep the king restriction in for titles like Almohads/Fatimids/Ottomans. That way instead of mongol arrival events for such kingdoms, you know that you have a duke of sorts who is now strong enough to throw his weight around.

i made a mod that creates a de jure empire level title that is "the kingdom of spain" and the holder is a "king" though the wife is still empress consort or whatever... im not sure how to fix that

Empresses regnant and empresses consort have different titles in the .loc files. Search for "empress consort" or "kaisarin" in the first localization file, and then use the same formatting but replace "Greek" or "German" with Spanish or Iberian or whatever.

Lithuania was a kingdom at some point or rather it had a king, just one king (Mindaugas), even though it carried on as an oversized grand-duchy ever after.

I agree that Lotharingia could or even should be a de iure kingdom. Provence could well be a creatable titular one at least, since it basically was at some point in the Bosonid dynasty).

There's a CK1 mod than added Kingdom of Man. In reality, there were several "kingdoms" in Scotland and Ireland each, each ruled by a "ri". For some reason, these were referred to as kingdoms, whereas Lithuanian kunigaitis were translated as dukes despite being so similar to the German koenig.

Also, anything held by a Piast in Poland or a Rurikovich in Rus would be a titular duchy, although in this game it would wreck their ability to be vassals of more senior dukes (elder brothers or otherwise senior dynasts) and that would be very ahistorical.

I'd be against defining kingdoms like the Netherlands. On the other hand, one could make a mod allowing a duke with enough land to create a titular kingdom title (with custom name, default being his primary title) under some conditions (e.g. either the Emperor or the Pope likes him enough) and with some repercussions (owners of de iure kingdoms covering that land might become seriously upset and get a claim/CB too).