• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Big Bucket

Private
Feb 4, 2021
I'm using the beta branch, and when I try to open crates in alleyways sometimes it works but sometimes nothing happens. Are the creates just empty (I don't see a notification of this) or are they bugged?

I'm on Windows. The crates weren't indicating that they were empty in any way that I could see -- not like the "no loot found" message you sometimes get after ransacking a racket. I would just try clicking (left clicking or right clicking + "open") on the crate multiple times and nothing would happen. My hunch was that I was trying to access the crate too quickly -- that is, while the game was still generating loot from the thug I just killed.

Yesterday I created a new save, went crate hunting, and tried to go slower and make sure that the thug's loot had already registered on the screen before I tried the crate. The issue hasn't popped up since I did that. I'll report back if I notice it again. Thanks for the reply. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey @Big Bucket, thanks for reporting on this. When you say nothing happens, is it that the crates are empty, or do you experience any other difficulty? What platform are you playing on?

Luke, empty crates existed before the patch as well. Not often, very infrequently, but my guess it was part of the RNG roll on what color/type items would be found inside.

I've noticed in this beta several groups of thugs standing around the neighborhood without a crate. Unknown if that's a bug or if intentional, but they don't really serve a purpose without one.
What happens is the AI will also hunt crates. The question is why do the thugs respawn when the crate is gone. We have not yet received a legit answer to this question.

Respawn or perhaps the thugs are not even attacking the AI gangs and allowing them to loot the crates without incident. Certainly a possibility.
Agreed. I personally think it is a respawn based on secondary observation but haven't seen it unfold in front of me yet.