• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(25198)

Recruit
Jan 29, 2004
hi. when i go to play one of my saved games about 5 seconds into it , it freezes then goes off. it comes up "problem with video fmv". my video bit on contol panel is on window and original size so????? this saved game in particular has alot on it in terms of my colonies , armies , info ect so is it a case maybe of too much stuff to run? i make sure when i play all programmes (apartfrom explorer) are gone. i am so close to 1792 and winning this (fantasia) scenario and i wanna complete it!plz help thanks. dannirawlings@hotmail.com :rolleyes:

So, you mean that you have gotten into the game and can see the map and play for a few seconds?

Or is it while loading saved game? Or while starting game even?

If you actually get to play for a few seconds - what date is it? Maybe you have problems with the "Hey - you won" movie?

as soon as the clock begins when i am playing on the game. the date is feb , the time starts from the 23rd then in the 3-5 sec when it reaches exactly the 28th feb then the screen goes black ,i hear a click then my normal windows screen comes up like i was never playin the game.maybe its my dodgy old comp but every other saved game i have works fine (touch wood). heyhocheeso :wacko:

That's wierd..

Maybe one of the CoTs is in a province that has recently been turned empty? Can colonies die/disappear in EU1, I don't remember..

You could try deleting all CoTs exept one and deleting all traders in that one and see if it was a CoT issue..

You do know how to edit a savegame, right?

edit: And upgrade all software, btw - graphics card, direct x player etc etc.. If it is something with that - I usually get only CtDs, no explanations..

I also had a problem with that! I played with USA with the EUUnlimited...Is it because there aren't any presets for this country?

This is one freaky crashbug...I also could use some help with this...

Br0tha said:
I also had a problem with that! I played with USA with the EUUnlimited...Is it because there aren't any presets for this country?

This is one freaky crashbug...I also could use some help with this...

Ok, same goes for you, can you explain _exactly_ what you see?

You start the game, get to selection screen? start new game? load game? get to look at the map? get to press 'start game' button?

Okay the things is like this:

1. I start the game up just as normal, then

2. I open a new IGC game with USA, then

3. The game loads normal when I start a game, but crashes after about 6 or 7 years in 1499, or

4. When I start a savegame it crashes instantly also around 1499

I don't excactly know at what date that is, but I'm sure it's around 1499

So playing non-IGC works fine?

If you start another new USA/Vinland game in 1492, does it still crash? (Just fast-forward to 1500 to see..)

Other nations, how do they work out?

non-IGC sometimes doesn't works even, but then the crash comes a bit later...

But i'll give it a try and see what happends

Oh crap....I made a mistake...:S you remember EUUnlimited, it was with that I got all my problems with :S at least most of them

Br0tha said:
Oh crap....I made a mistake...:S you remember EUUnlimited, it was with that I got all my problems with :S at least most of them

Never used it :)

But that should be an exceedingly easy fix - stop using EUU :p

HAHAHA that's another option :D...but with this one you can change really everything in the game...so....