• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(326)

Grandmaster B
Oct 10, 2000
Visit site
I'm using 1.07 and EEP 1.4.1.

I'm playing Spain, the year is 1641. While the game is paused I tried to diploannex Portugal. They agreed so I started to look at all my new overseas provinces. After like 5 seconds of nothing happening but me scrolling around on the map, game still being paused, I get a CTD. Now, if I start up again and try to diploannex Portugal I hear the agree chime and for a split second I see the agree message and then CTD. It doesn't matter if I wait a month or year before I try; the CTD is certain. I thought that it could have something to do with Portugal's major power status so I edited the savegame but to no avail.

What can I do?

I imagine this *might* be because Portugal has an event chain going, that is supposed to give them a certain territory, but you annex it just before the territory is given, while that event will still happen and then attempts to give it to Portugal, which doesn't exist.. or perhaps because they got an army in TI (even for them) because of some event.. and you then get that army in the TI..

as I said, I don't KNOW, I'm just guessing :)