• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

scoorh

Private
May 20, 2015
Hi guys, recently I bought Sengoku but the game crashes.
It goes like this: Start game, loading bunch of stuff... creating checksum, loading graphics, loading maps(creating textures,terrain etc), loading graphics... crash

I have validated the game files and there was 1 file missing which was taken care of after steam reset. Didn't help.

I have found something like this in Sengoku\logs\error.log
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_1.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_dialog_2.tga.
[sound.cpp:240]: Duplicate sound: land_event_02
[sound.cpp:240]: Duplicate sound: money_out

Following lines are weird in my opinion which can be found in Sengoku\system.log, the device has been created successfully regardless of that.
[systemsettings.cpp:175]: System memory: 0MB
[systemsettings.cpp:177]: CPU speed: 3200MHz
[systemsettings.cpp:184]: Number of processors: 4
[systemsettings.cpp:195]: CPU type: x86
[systemsettings.cpp:227]: OS: Unknown Build: 9200

My spec:
Win8 64b
i5-4570
GTX660
8GB RAM

Tried to run it with win32 compatiblity and 640x480 but didn't work either.

Looking forward to some kind of advice. DxDiag in attached files.

Best regards
scoorh

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    61,8 KB · Views: 131
Hi AndrewT

- I have used RevoUninstaller to clean previous installation.
- My steam folder is located outside of C:\ProgramFiles.
- Cleared Sengoku\map\cache
- Disabled UAC
- .Net4.5 installed
- C++ 2010 newest redistributable installed
- during dx9 install it said that newer version is already installed
- there was no Paradox folder in AppData\Local\VirtualStore

still crashing at this point : creating checksum, loading graphics, loading maps(creating textures,terrain etc), loading graphics... crash

here, i'll copy this over from another one of my posts. not sure if it will work in your case, but it worked for me.

first, put both Sengoku.exe and SengokuGame.exe into Windows XP (Service pack 2) Compatibility mode. then restart your computer. after the restart, run Sengoku.exe from the sengoku folder. make sure it is updated, then click play. it works fine.

if that failed to work, update ALL of the neccesary programs for sengoku (.NET, virtual C++, etc.) then try again.

I found solution: You need some special audio-codecs which the game is using.

http://shark007.net/forum/Thread-Setup-and-usage

In fat black letters "Here are the download links .. blabla"
First the 32bit version, the 64bit version after. both have a size of 20-22mb.
But take care ! The installer is trying to install some "extra" programs. ;-)
Like a new search-bar for your browser or other silly stuff (smiles for chat programs for example).

source:https://steamcommunity.com/app/25890/discussions/0/648812917452688036/ posts hignhz