• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thoon

Recruit
42 Badges
May 26, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Empire of Sin
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
Hello,

I am experiencing regular crashes when opening the informant screen on a developed prison. Informants work fine in every new prison for a while, but eventually I'll experience a crash when Opening the informant pane. At that point, associated save games (with the notable exception of the auto save) will become corrupted, so that the app crashes whenever I try to load any of them. I can load the auto save, but the app will crash if I try to open the Informant pane again.

This is on the most recent patch, and up to date iOS.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Let's try this: delete the game from your device. Clear the App Store cache by tapping on any button in that app 10 times in a row (google that process if you need more detail). Then install the game again, and start a new prison and see if you get these issues still.

I think this will delete any existing prisons you have, I'm sorry - I'd like to hear if that did or did not happen though! Thanks.

Let's try this: delete the game from your device. Clear the App Store cache by tapping on any button in that app 10 times in a row (google that process if you need more detail). Then install the game again, and start a new prison and see if you get these issues still.

I think this will delete any existing prisons you have, I'm sorry - I'd like to hear if that did or did not happen though! Thanks.

Ok, I have done this. I'll play for a while and see if the problem recurs.

Unfortunately, the problem continues. Issue was clear for a while, but my new game just got up to abou 40 prisoners with multiple informants, and crashed when I opened the informant screen. Informants worked fine for a while, and then nothing. Auto suspend and auto save games from shortly before crash also corrupted.

This problem was indeed supposed to be fixed in the recent 1.0.5 patch, but we are getting a number or reports of it still, only on iOS.

This problem is receiving management and technical attention right now. I can't say when a fix will be out, but I'm sure it will be as soon as the cause is identified and fixed, and of course the patch thoroughly tested.

I apologise for the issue!

Ok, thank you!

Possible correlation: The crashes often happened after a murder or big fight in the prison. Crash might be related to an informant being incapacitated, on their way to release, or otherwise in an unexpected state when the informant window opens. Hard to do bug repro on an iPad, so I can't be sure.