Cradle of Civilization Expansion for EU4 Focuses on Muslim Empires

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While they are reworking all those goverments, maybe in near future they will rework elective monarchy since right now its terrible.
I agree, the current elective monarchy should be a special polish government, while I would like to see an elective monarchy with a similar mechanic to choosing a heir for a theocracy.

I've spent enough money now on this old game thanks. It is a great game, and some good developments here I'm sure but I hate the DLC model and resent paying over and over for the same game sorry - you're being too greedy IMHO. Cheers.

What would you want then ? That they keep working for free ? Or stop working on it and make a new game that you'd have to buy ?

What would you want then ? That they keep working for free ? Or stop working on it and make a new game that you'd have to buy ?

It doesn't really matter what I want - They have made their choice to charge relatively large amounts of money for relatively small add-ons ad infinitum. I'm just saying I don't think they are worth it (for me) anymore. Now I've learnt that is how they operate it has also put me off buying Paradox games in future as I still feel rather short changed by Stellaris. Feel free to disagree with my opinion but its not worth trying to lure me into suggesting a new DLC model for them because it would be a moot waste of time - they have made their choice - this post is simply the consequence for them (as far as I'm concerned). Not raging here, just being honest and giving my opinion. Cheers for all the fun but I feel there's better stuff out there to spend my money on.

Please stop discussing the pricing policy. People will never agree on it, so just stop fighting over it. If you don't want to pay 20$ that's fine, just wait for a sale or search on the internet for a little discount. (Humble Bundle has a 10% discount on new games too if you have monthly bundle).

I just wait for sales and buy two - three DLCs at once for the price of one. Will definitely be getting this one as soon as it's on sale for 5-6 Euro. Looks a decent one.

For a brief moment, upon glimpsing the title "Cradle of Civilization" in my news list, I dreamed a dream of Assyrian war chariots, and it was beautiful. Then, of course, I saw that it was another EU4 expansion. Which is fine, I guess, but I haven't even tried the last two yet. Still, more detail and distinction between nations is always welcome, even nations I'm never going to play as myself.

It doesn't really matter what I want - They have made their choice to charge relatively large amounts of money for relatively small add-ons ad infinitum. I'm just saying I don't think they are worth it (for me) anymore. Now I've learnt that is how they operate it has also put me off buying Paradox games in future as I still feel rather short changed by Stellaris. Feel free to disagree with my opinion but its not worth trying to lure me into suggesting a new DLC model for them because it would be a moot waste of time - they have made their choice - this post is simply the consequence for them (as far as I'm concerned). Not raging here, just being honest and giving my opinion. Cheers for all the fun but I feel there's better stuff out there to spend my money on.

Couldn't agree more. I've bought every single DLC to date on release day (full price), but enough is enough.

Now I've learnt that is how they operate it has also put me off buying Paradox games in future as I still feel rather short changed by Stellaris.

Stellaris in 1.8.1 with no DLC is an excellent fully fleshed out game. Easily worth the price of entry. The vast majority of the work done post-release on that game has been included in the free patches. I can understand a lot of the complaints (and have made a number of them myself) about the DLC policy as it relates to EU4, but in relation to Stellaris? It seems bizarre to me to complain about the post release support for that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.