Cradle of Civilization - Content Pack

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i agree with you and i know people will say that there are mods for that but they are not ironman compatible and the aftermath of the battle display shows the vanilla unit model instead.
Are you sure of this?
I was under the impression that mods affecting only graphics do not affect the checksum.

it's not a common tag anyway

Gotta form the Mughal empire with Afghanistan now! Oh fuck, right, I'd lose their units...
Powerful ideas or amazing units?
Why not mod it and have both?

Here's some requested info on clones: :)

Peninsula Unit Pack:
Oman
units are also used by Yas and Hormuz.
Yemen units are also used by Mahra, Hadramut, Rassids, Najran and Aden.
Hedjaz units are also used by Medina and Mikhlaf.
Najd units are also used by Dawasir.

Persia Unit Pack:
Afghanistan units are also used by Baluchistan and Sistan.
Kurdish units are used by: Hisn Kayfa, Ardalan, Luristan, Soran and Bitlis.
Tabarestan units are used by: Gilan, Biapas, Shirvan and Mazandaran.
Persian units are also used by Ajam, Ardabil, Fars, Isfahan, Kerman (Revolter) and Yazd (Revolter).

Rivers Unit Pack:
Aq Qoyunlu
units are only used by them :)
Qara Quyunlu units are also used by Tabriz (Revolter) and Maregheh (Revolter).
Haasa are also used by Mushasha, Iraq (Revolter) and Basra (Revolter).
Shammar Units are also used by Anizah and Fadl.

Some old unit packs have also been mapped to more tags to fill up the region and its many new countries a bit more:

Horsemen of the Crescent Unit Pack:
Persian Cavalry units are now used by Ajam, Ardabil, Fars, Isfahan and Yazd.
Great Hordes Unit Pack:
Timurid Units are now also used by Khorasan and Transoxiana.
Black Sea Unit Pack:
Circassian units are now also used by Avaria and Gazikhumuk.

Looks good. Will certainly breathe some new life visually in the Muslim States. I think my favorites are the Hejaz units.
Will some of this sprites be cloned? And for whom?
so what clone units will the other nations use?
Too bad there's no skins for Iraq, but the rest is pretty great.

I hope these questions have been answered in my above post :)

Can Iraq be formed? If so do they have unique skin sets?

Iraq does not really make sense as a formable but as you can see they will use one of the new sets of unit models if they revolt.

They look really great! I am a tiny bit disappointed that none of the Caucasian states (Georgia, Armenia, Gazikumukh, Avaria, Shirvan) are getting art though. Circassia got art in The Cossacks but otherwise the Caucasus seems to have fallen through the cracks because it's neither the steppe nor the Fertile Crescent.

I hope we can fit in more of the Caucasian states in a future unit pack. The region was not entirely intended to be overhauled in this DLC, as the patch and DLC focuses mostly on the Islamic world, but I went there anyway during the map overhaul as it was warranted and made sense to include.
As you can see we will at least be extending the Circassian units a bit in the northern Caucasus for now as they are a better fit than the generic sprites used previously.

Here's some requested info on clones: :)

Peninsula Unit Pack:
Oman
units are also used by Yas and Hormuz.
Yemen units are also used by Mahra, Hadramut, Rassids, Najran and Aden.
Hedjaz units are also used by Medina and Mikhlaf.
Najd units are also used by Dawasir.

Persia Unit Pack:
Afghanistan units are also used by Baluchistan and Sistan.
Kurdish units are used by: Hisn Kayfa, Ardalan, Luristan, Soran and Bitlis.
Tabarestan units are used by: Gilan, Biapas, Shirvan and Mazandaran.
Persian units are also used by Ajam, Ardabil, Fars, Isfahan, Kerman (Revolter) and Yazd (Revolter).

Rivers Unit Pack:
Aq Qoyunlu
units are only used by them :)
Qara Quyunlu units are also used by Tabriz (Revolter) and Maregheh (Revolter).
Haasa are also used by Mushasha, Iraq (Revolter) and Basra (Revolter).
Shammar Units are also used by Anizah and Fadl.

Some old unit packs have also been mapped to more tags to fill up the region and its many new countries a bit more:

Horsemen of the Crescent Unit Pack:
Persian Cavalry units are now used by Ajam, Ardabil, Fars, Isfahan and Yazd.
Great Hordes Unit Pack:
Timurid Units are now also used by Khorasan and Transoxiana.
Black Sea Unit Pack:
Circassian units are now also used by Avaria and Gazikhumuk.
I think I'll also buy the horde units pack now that Iran and the middle east will become such fun place to play in.
20ish euros for CoC, maybe 5 for this pack and 8 for the Cossack's pack...there goes my birthday gift :D

@Carlberg @Groogy

When we will be able to choose any content pack for Costume Nations?

i agree with you and i know people will say that there are mods for that but they are not ironman compatible and the aftermath of the battle display shows the vanilla unit model instead.

As someone that plays with custom nations a lot. I'd like to see that too.

I hope these questions have been answered in my above post :)

Iraq does not really make sense as a formable but as you can see they will use one of the new sets of unit models if they revolt.

I hope we can fit in more of the Caucasian states in a future unit pack. The region was not entirely intended to be overhauled in this DLC, as the patch and DLC focuses mostly on the Islamic world, but I went there anyway during the map overhaul as it was warranted and made sense to include.
As you can see we will at least be extending the Circassian units a bit in the northern Caucasus for now as they are a better fit than the generic sprites used previously.

Ah right fair enough! I know you guys have a huge amount to do for this patch anyway. Glad that Gazikumukh, Avaria and Shirvan will get to share the new unit models at least.

wrong example shah ismail is turkic guy not iranian :D also that indo-iranian or aryan thing is really became annoying. we all know most iranian people in today have brownish skin.
the funny thing they made aq qoyunlu has brown skin while kurds and half of arabs have pale skin lmao.

it is pretty much clear that the kurds have mostly brown skin not that pale in the renders. it is kinda EPIC FAIL.

there're 2 explanations for this:

1. the guy who did these renders is clear illiterate or reading sth stupid aryan-indo european tales on the internet.
2. or the same guy has kinda really bad opinion on turks.

i don't see the 3rd option if you see let me know about it.

Safavid%20Persian%20Qezelbash%20Swordsmen%20Special%20Forces%2017%20AD.jpg

As you can see the Safavid Soldiers of Persia are potrayed correctly. There also many people with pale skin.