• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dadarian

King of Queen's
78 Badges
Mar 4, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
pPaEb6S.png

The House of Henging

Current Head:
Mul Henging, Lathewald of Cant

13WIWVX.png

State and History of Cant

Familial biography: Borne of the Jutish brothers Hengest and Horsa, who arrived as foederatii of the Romano-Britons against the Pictish raiders. Their descendents would populate and colonise the part of the Saxon shore for generations, and would be the first post-Roman kingdom to rise out of ashes of the dark ages and greet their civilised brothers across the ocean in Francia. Some historians argue that the continuation of the Jute language in daily use in Cant is due to the succession of a clear line of Lathewalds from the establishment of the Kingdom of Cant in ~488 until their bowing before the Kings of Mercia in 700, removing the need for force. To which the Kings (now Dukes) of Cant were allowed to keep their lives, and in turn their culture. The current Hengings are loyal (as expected) to the King in Tamworth.

Hengest & Horsa (Semi-Legendary Co-Kings): ~455 - ~488
Oisc: 488 - 512
Octha: 512 - 540
Eormenric: 540 - 589
Æðelberht I: 589 - 616
Eadbald: 616 - 640
Eorcenberht: 640 - 664
Ecgberht: 664 - 673
Eadric: 674 - 685
Hlothhere: 686 - 690
Wihtred: 690 - 725 <- Became Dukes after submitting to Mercian overlordship
Alric: 725 - 748
Æðelberht II: 748 - 762
Mul: 762 - Present

13WIWVX.png

Members of House Henging

Mul Henging, Lathewald of Cant (49): Current Lathewald of Kent. A man of strong thirst, his joyous days of hunting ended when he fell from his horse and broke his leg, leaving a permanent limp. Not a perfect man, having taken to ale, he is a devout Christian and a proud head of his family. (Currently in Cant).

- Ælre, wife to Mul (37): A member from one of the few prominent Saxon families in Cant, she is a wallflower, without issue or happiness in life. (Currently in Cant).

-- Wihtred Henging, Hundræd of Cantwareburh (37): Mul's eldest son and heir to the Lathewaldom of Cant. An airy man, taken with coin and Christ, to the mixed displeasure of his father and brothers. (Currently in Cant).

--- Osfala, wife of Wihtred (20): An ambitious woman from the family of one of Mul's shieldbearers, she is rumoured to be a witch, but in reality has an all too unhealthy interest in botany. (Currently in Cant).

-- Alric Henging, Shieldbearer and Hæscorl of Cant (33): A shieldbiter, Alric is a man with little tact or civility. (Currently in Cant).

13WIWVX.png

Members of the Court of Henging

Oisc Pesson, Hæscorl of Cant (52): White-haired and noble, Oisc (son of Pe) is a loyal bannerman to the House of Henging. His arrival is second only to a member of the House being in the court of call. (Currently in the Royal Court).

Last edited:
13WIWVX.png

*The Court of the Hengings is now open for visitors from far and wide*

A letter arrives from Buckingham:

To Duke Mul Henging,

I send this regarding the ill news from the royal court. Although I have no doubt word has long since reached your realm, I fear that news of the king's sudden illness still has yet to truly take hold in most of England. His reign has been ongoing for longer than most of us have been alive, and even in my own court there's almost a sense of denial: No-one will outright say it, but there seems to be this unspoken assumption that he will recover shortly and bless us with another hundred-years of rule.

I, however, fear this is not the case, and with Prince Æthelheard's elevation to heir being so recent I fear he may not be ready to hold the crown. It's for this reason that I write to you, hoping to find an ally in my attempts to keep this realm united should the worst take place and we lose our dear king: The prosperity that Æthelbald's reign brought us has made us far richer than any of our predecessors, and I believe we owe it to him to keep his kingdom united even after his passing.

Sincerely,
Leofræd, Earl of Middlesex​

A letter arrives from Buckingham:

To Duke Mul Henging,

I send this regarding the ill news from the royal court. Although I have no doubt word has long since reached your realm, I fear that news of the king's sudden illness still has yet to truly take hold in most of England. His reign has been ongoing for longer than most of us have been alive, and even in my own court there's almost a sense of denial: No-one will outright say it, but there seems to be this unspoken assumption that he will recover shortly and bless us with another hundred-years of rule.

I, however, fear this is not the case, and with Prince Æthelheard's elevation to heir being so recent I fear he may not be ready to hold the crown. It's for this reason that I write to you, hoping to find an ally in my attempts to keep this realm united should the worst take place and we lose our dear king: The prosperity that Æthelbald's reign brought us has made us far richer than any of our predecessors, and I believe we owe it to him to keep his kingdom united even after his passing.

Sincerely,
Leofræd, Earl of Middlesex

13WIWVX.png

Following a bout of gout in Mul's injured leg, a reply is sent via rider to Leofræd.
The House of Henging does not dawdle in their oaths of fealty to the Kings of England. We shall endevour to ensure a united realm, from the Jutish Shore to the Pictish borders and whereever in between.

Mul

13WIWVX.png

Reports from the Royal Court
I
The Court of Cant saw the arrival of a Raven from Oisc. Soon after a meeting of the family occurred.

Mul Henging: "Oisc sends word that war is on the horizon in the North, Áed has marshaled his forces. His Highness has declared a new Duke of Lothian, who will be the first line against the barbarians. Alric, go to the Royal Court and offer your services to the Royal family. You will be our eyes and ears."

Alric Henging: "By God, I shall enjoy this chance to fight. But I shall keep a pulse on the happenings in the north. Except my ravens regularly."