• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BonnieBunny

Private
2 Badges
Apr 26, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Hello, So I Am developing a Cold war mod for Hearts of Iron whose timeline goes from 1936 to 2030. I Need help to create a coup event ( Like the Paraguayan 1954 coup, The 1964 Brazilian Coup, and other coups d etat ), but I Couldn't find any thread about such

Those threads would be in the mods sub-forum. You can't access them unless your game is registered here on the Paradox website, and you have no visible game icons in your signature block, indicating that your game isn't registered here (Steam registration can be synced with this site, but isn't automatic). Good luck with the mod.

Oh BonnieBunny, what you're undertaking is a courageous enterprise! I'm afraid nevertheless that creating a Cold War and post-Cold War scenario continuing from 1948 onward would require an entire developers' team to tackle a long list of items like expanding correspondingly the technology tree and the evolving military equipment, the possibility of revamping the ideological triangle, introducing post WWII political arrangements and peace settlements, factoring the Cold War tensions and the possibility of war anytime, even from the AI side, etc. If you're working alone, and only interested in several South American events, on a region that didn't feature prominently in this historical phase, your mod is bound to be very limited for the community of players.

What is your take on these issues?

Really, if you can surpass all these difficulties, you're going to do a really great thing. I was also thinking about how welcome would be continuing of the timeline until the end of the Cold War ,at least. That would be a true achievement. HOI 2 did have such a dlc/scenario. Unfortunately the game developers didn't follow through with HOI3. In many respects HOI3 is an unfinished project.

There are a few things like air combat missions which don't function after the ending date. That's in the .exe file, and can't be modded with changes in the .lua and .txt data files. As said by Alex Kernel, you could probably do something for a backwater part of the world, and ignore or work around most of the things that don't function, but nobody's succeeded in doing a world-wide post-war mod. As said, there's a lot more info in the modding sub-forum, but that requires on-site registration of your game.