• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dominik said:
Don't forget A-H this time, why do the Germans get all the land while it was A-H that conquered it (in my game).
That´s why we could tie the handing over of land to controlling certain provinces (so if A-H takes control of Kiev, Russia will secede the Ukraine to them)

Dominik said:
That's a great idea - exactly what I had in mind. Will there be any scripting difficulties with it or not?

The event chain for the Brest-Litovsk settlement was originally scripted to operate in the manner just described. Indeed, it was exactly how it operated in TGW. If you look at the Austria-Hungary events, there are events for a tributary Poland, Belarus and Ukraine.

Unfortunately none of them worked - just as I posted in my game report. I took 90% of the Russian land and then the Germans got all the land and all the puppets :(

Dominik said:
Unfortunately none of them worked - just as I posted in my game report. I took 90% of the Russian land and then the Germans got all the land and all the puppets :(

It probably has something to do with the fact that most events in 0.2 and 0.21 had not been allowed to be operational and still had the '#' in front of every one of their lines to prevent them from working.
ja.gif

Dominik said:
I know this and I played with lees events - most of them were working... but maybe they were based on old version or something?

Very much so - if the original HOI can be termed an old version.

All the fundamentals for a working event chain appear to be in place - it should just be a matter of checking everything to see where the fault lies. My bet is on the Soviet part of the event chain. Event 74107, for example, requires 74001 - 'The world's first communist state' - to fire. Do we know for certain that this event works?

well, i'd say, at current, it would be shown by the USSR anyway, we can use Cores to show it maybe....i'm not sure, perhaps tags might be a problem, but then again, if there is no objection, perhaps it might be included, depends on the top Brass of the mod and wether they deem it worthy of status as a taged nation in the mod.

Kaiser Franz said:
depends on the top Brass of the mod and wether they deem it worthy of status as a taged nation in the mod.

More importantly it will depend if anyone is prepared to do all the ministers, leaders names/pics and help with the events that affect that country.

Given that it didn't really do much (that couldn't be just as well done in game by the SU) and would be a right bugger to research and fill out the leader roster I don't think that idea is a flyer.

On the other hand if someone is volunteering to do the leaders/minister and format them up properly I'm sure it could be added to the mod.

coolerking said:
There is a limited number of country tags to my knowledge :wacko:
Some work has been done on adding in more countries incl a far eastern republic :wacko:

It seems that there are four slots open (U06, U08, U09 and U16) for new countries.

And yeah, a country named the far eastern republic sounds really cool. :D

TeutonburgerW said:
It seems that there are four slots open (U06, U08, U09 and U16) for new countries.

And yeah, a country named the far eastern republic sounds really cool. :D

I think some of them tags are being used.
U06 is going to be used for the Red Finns,
& if the mod team agrees U08 maybe the Khanate of Crimea & it's the possible for one more tag being used for the Semenov & Ungren Von Sternburg Faction :wacko: :wacko:

Kaiser Franz said:
well, i'd say, at current, it would be shown by the USSR anyway, we can use Cores to show it maybe....i'm not sure, perhaps tags might be a problem, but then again, if there is no objection, perhaps it might be included, depends on the top Brass of the mod and wether they deem it worthy of status as a taged nation in the mod.

If someone will edit the relevant files and alter events that bring about the existence of these countries whilst changing the minister and leader files then I shall be happy to upload them for an update. :)

correct changes of map request

some event changes for TGW (1914) which may be a source of inspiration can be found in

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6060086#post6060086

Sir Allenby, working on 1914, perhaps you can consider giving German Cameroon the right borders of 1911
http://unimaps.com/cameroon1914/index.html
and adjust the Kismayo province which was not under Italian control before 1914: 'Jubaland' was given by UK to Italy as a reward for Italy joining the Great War on the Allied side. E.g.

# Jubaland to Italy

event = {
id = 560006
random = no
country = ENG

trigger = {
alliance = { country = ITA country = FRA }
alliance = { country = ENG country = FRA }
war = { country = ENG country = GER }
}

name = "A reward for Italy"
desc = "Jubaland, inhabited by the Somali Ogaden nomads with other Dir and Hawiye clans became A British protectorate in 1895 together with Zanzibar where it was part of the British colony of British East Africa. The Italians have wanted control over the port of Kismayo for a long time, and with them joining the war on our side we will give this area under their control."

style = 0
date = { day = 15 month = june year = 1914 }
offset = 15
deathdate = { day = 0 month = january year = 1925 }

action_a = {
name = "It does not mean much to us anyway"
command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA value = 1301 }
command = { type = trigger which = 560007 }
}
}

# Italy gains Jubaland

event = {
country = ITA
id = 560007
random = no
style = 0

name = "We gain control over Jubaland and the port of Kismayo"
desc = "A special section of the Treaty of London stipulates that the British cede control over the area of Jubaland and the port of Kismayo. From now on the area will be known as the Italian colony of Oltre Giuba"

# Triggered by English 560001

action_a = {
name = "Our colonial Empire expands!"
command = { type = addcore which = 1301 }
command = { type = dissent value = -1 }
}
}

Alternatively, the Sultanate of Darfur could also be considered an independent entity as of 1898 (cf. the events of the new TGW folder).

kind regards,

erhpdm

Allenby said:
If someone will edit the relevant files and alter events that bring about the existence of these countries whilst changing the minister and leader files then I shall be happy to upload them for an update. :)

It is very good to see that TGW is still being updated - I was completely unaware of that. :D

Regarding Kismayo: strictly speaking you are correct - the province should be British and events should be included to allow for her transfer. However, giving the province to Britain would create an unnaturally distorted border between British East Africa and Italian Somaliland.

I am inclined to leave the arrangement, but I await the opinions of others...

Regarding the border between the French Congo and Kamerun, I can assure you that the current situation whereby Kamerun is separated from the Belgian Congo is correct, although one would not be able to establish that from most maps.

However, I think that it would be worth giving province 1076 to Germany so that the French will be able to transfer some territory over in any event simulating the negotiations in 1911 arising from the Morocco crisis. :)

cameroon

further info on the Sultan of Darfur's uprising can be found in changes made to the TGW update (link above) as well as developments in Persia and elsewhere...

for more detailed maps of German Cameroon, cf.
http://www.zum.de/whkmla/region/centrafrica/cameroon18841918.html

Jubaland was an important offer made to Italy to make it declare war on Austria in 1915 (and Germany in 1916).

Respectfully submitted,

erhpdm

just a factor to consider on the Fengtien cliques existance in the 1914 scenario...

The Republic of China appointed a new military commander in Manchuria, but in practice the troops remained loyal to Zhang. In 1915 the Central Government decided to appoint another commander and ordered Zhang to move his forces to Hubei province in north China. Zhang refused. In April 1916 the new commander left, and Zhang Zuolin became the Civil and Military Governor of Fengtian province (in most provinces it was the practice to have two governors, who divided civil and military affairs between themselves). Later the same year the division stationed in the northernmost province of Manchuria, Heilongjiang, pledged its loyalty to Zhang, in 1918 the same happened in Jilin province, so that the whole of Manchuria was under the control of Zhang Zuolin.

so really, in a sense, Zhang Zuolin only got his mega-powers over Manchuria and overall control in 1916....so, Fengtien might only have to exist in 1916, after an event....