Council of Trent ALWAYS resolves OPPOSITE of the way the majority vote?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pellucid

Ottoboos get out! Reeee!
112 Badges
Mar 17, 2005
  • War of the Roses
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Majesty 2
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Legio
Am I just experiencing the most bizarre run of luck in the history of time, or is the Council of Trent bugged so that the MINORITY position always wins?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I wish they made it more consistent who wins the papacy (maybe through diplomatic deals like in Medieval total war 2) or at least script the Ai to do majority opinion 90% of the time

Reactions:
The council of Trent is useless. It is based around rng and if the curia is rich enough, they can bypass the costs and ignore the majority and support the minority. It needs a rework in 1.32. It would be amazing if it would also be removed when the Age of Absolutism arrives

• 1Like
Reactions:
It seems like it would be better for each Catholic nation to choose how far they want to go harsh or concilatory, instead of it just giving a blanket effect for all such nation's.

However I am glad it is no longer bugged to effect whole other religious groups.

• 4Like
Reactions:
It seems like it would be better for each Catholic nation to choose how far they want to go harsh or concilatory, instead of it just giving a blanket effect for all such nation's.

However I am glad it is no longer bugged to effect whole other religious groups.
Wait when did they change it? I liked it

Do you mean a fix for christian denominations other than Protestant and Reformed or literally, non christians?

Catholic opinion of me turned from tolerated Heretics (-5/-10) to (-80) as an Orthodox Byzantium so either my game files are screwed (suposed to be v. 1.31.5.2) or there's still something fishy going on.

It works like in the HRE where only the Emperor has the last word, even if all princes are against his decision. Which is bad design since picking a choice has no impact, even in an assembly who clearly doesn't agree with his Pope. Choose a stance equals to do "air voting".

concile.jpg

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Yes, the minority position always wins for me as well.
It has gotten to the point i have to vote opposite of what i want to get what i actually want, that's how paradoxical this mechanic is.

I pretty sure there has to be some sort of coding mistake, i cannot be this unlucky.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
It works like in the HRE where only the Emperor has the last word, even if all princes are against his decision. Which is bad design since picking a choice has no impact, even in an assembly who clearly doesn't agree with his Pope. Choose a stance equals to do "air voting".

View attachment 757606
HRE diets has you lose IA if you go against too large a coalition, its good that way

It feels like a Pope who goes against the majority of Catholics should suffer majorly from fragmentation. Code the AI to recognise the majority and if the Pope votes the opposite direction, start firing events that cause more spread of heresy. [Randomly pick a non-catholic Christian faith and spread it, with a bit of favouritism towards Reformed and Protestant].

This is part of what began this saga, after all, a Pope doing what they want in spite of what those "under him" say about it. This currently amounts to "Supreme pontiff, people as a whole disagree with you. They feel you're not listening". "I'm infallible, they will obey my commands." We shouldn't BAR such an outcome...but there should be consequences for it.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Do you mean a fix for christian denominations other than Protestant and Reformed or literally, non christians?

Catholic opinion of me turned from tolerated Heretics (-5/-10) to (-80) as an Orthodox Byzantium so either my game files are screwed (suposed to be v. 1.31.5.2) or there's still something fishy going on.
I mean it use to effect heathans, it does not anymore.

Same here, as a matter of fact, I save scummed about 15 times just to confirm the results. with 49 harsh and 15 conciliatory, the council went with 3 conciliatory choices ALL 15 times. Why do the devs refuse to reply to any threads addressing the council of trent?

At least 1.32 reduced the opinion modifiers by half so it doesn't get in the way of alliances too much anymore, but i still had it go fully against a big majority again.