• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hantheman

Sergeant
46 Badges
Apr 27, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Magicka
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
GM: Hannes Skype: hansaplast86
Vice GM: Martin Skype: uldrer
Speltid: 19:00 - ~23:00
Speldag: Måndag

Spelare:
Hannes - Tuscany
Martin - The Hansa
Per - Milan
Johan - Venice
Erik - Vijayanagar
Mats - Ayutthaya
Gunnar L - Brandenburg
Christian - Bavaria

Detta är ett privat spel för inbjudna. Kommer hålla det till folk som blir rekomenderade osv för tillfället.

Vi kommer att köra med bonusar för de spelare som kommer i tid Samt för spelare som skriver en After Action Report. Bonusarna som man kan välja på är följande:
50 Administrative Power
50 Diplomatic Power
50 Military Power
100 Gold fram till 1550 - 200 till 1650 - 400 därefter. Detta är subject to change.

Är man i tid och skriver en AAR så blir det alltså två av ovanstående bonusar. AARs skrives i denna tråd senast 19:00 Söndagen innan lir, men gärna tidigare så folk faktiskt hinner läsa det ni skriver.

Regler:
1. Lyd GMen. Annars går det illa.
2. Blir ens land söndertrasat så kan man byta till passande. Beslut tas tillsammans med GM.
3. Don't be an ass.

Last edited:
The Hansa
Tuscany
Oman

Om det är fler som vill spela i asien, så kan jag tänka mig Japan, Korea eller Ayutthaya
Om ni vill ha mig i Europa kan jag nog tänka mig lite vad som, gärna åt nordöst =)

Jag bryter mot mina egna regler och skriver fler än 3. Beror så mycket på vad andra lirar så...

Tuscany
Switzerland
Napels
Vijayanagar (Om det är folk i Asien och ingen vill lira något indiskt)
Brandenburg

Last edited:
Jag är nog gärna inne på att vi undviker majors så långt som det är möjligt den här omgången. Givetvis är det lite olika vad man räknar in där, de enda jag spontant tänker på i tråden so far är Danmark/Sverige.
Bara min egen åsikt givetvis. :)

För egen del så följer jag Hannes fuskande lite och nämner nog fler än 3 länder.
(Beror givetvis på lite vilka andra kommer spela)

Europa:
Brandenburg
Tuscany
Switzerland

Asien:
Japan
Nepal
Oman

Joker:
Iroquis

Hej!
Kom på det hela lite sent nu, men visst lade man till möjligheten att låsa ledgern i spel i senaste patchen?
Jag vet inte hur ni ställer er till det, men för egen del så känns det ju rätt intressant att använda sig av det.

Added MP-option: Locked ledger. (yes/no)

Så ja det går. Får ta den diskusionen lite snabbt innan vi startar. Det som talar emot är väl att eftersom vi lirar mindre länder nu så vill man gärna slå till mot större rivaler när de är som svagast. Synd att man inte bara kan ta bort mänskliga spelares länder från ledgern :p

Gott, ja vi får diskutera saken sen. Jag är ju för att blocka ledgern, men visst blir det farligare när man inte snabbt kan spionera på medspelare och ai nationer.

Samtidigt får ju espionage idégruppen och vanligt snokande betydligt större inverkan. :)

In the beginning, God created heaven and Milan. And Milan was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And God said, Let there be light: and King Per descended from the heavens onto the land... And so it was that in the year of our Lord 1444, Milan held the righteous power of God to go fourth and civilize the world under the divinity that is King Per.

However there were problems straight off the bat as others didn't see things in quite the same light. As Milan aggressively expanded through forced annexation of some small eastern Kingdom, a huge Noble rebellion sprang up that came to plague the land for many years, both into Venice and Milan. As King Per finally understood that military means had no effect what so ever on the blob of red/black marauders, he remembered that he could give in to the rebellions demand, which were to be an autonomous part of Milan. As the rebellion suddenly doubled in numbers and utter doom was close, King Per agreed to these terms. This lead to in practice that Milans manpower and income would become severely crippled in the wars to come.

Many things happened in the turmoil of 1450. Milan was allied with Savoy and France. With the aid of Tuscany (whom obviously had their own troubles), Milan invaded Genoa in a swift and easy war and more land was forcibly annexed. Then Ferrara were vassalized. And finally Savoy had to bite the dust in a joint effort with Tuscany.

On the technology part of the spectrum, we had a strong decennium as we turned from a Kingdom to the Golden Ambrosian Republic (true story). This gave way to choose Plutocratic ideas as our technology group. As war certainly will rage on in some shape or form it is unclear if the best course of action is to invest in Plutocratic ideas or military technology.

All these wars put a big dent in Milans reputation however, and in the year of our lord ~1461 it is certainly unclear as to whom of the closer powers want to jump at the opportunity of a landgrab.

Session: ~1461
Land: Milan
AAR bonus: Military power
On-Time bonus: Military power

Last edited:
A voice came whispearing to me, a voice speaking of a world in turmoil and false believes about treachery and a need for balans, a voice begging for a rightous one to come to this world so that the lands could know even though dark times are ahead, at the end there will be peace.

Vad jag förstått av Gunnar så har ni påbörjat en ny omgång, och jag är inbjuden att försöka delta om än med mina mediokra kunskaper i spelet.(medelbra spelare skulle väl säga, vet iallafall att en större arme brukar vinna mot en mindre).

Mitt schema dock är lite svårt att förutsäga då jag jobbar ganska oregelbundet och ni behöver inte alls ta hänsyn till detta dock finns det möjlighet att göra så vore det trevligt.
kort och gott vore trevligt att prova på multiplayer men om jag stör era spelkvällar så vill jag inte delta.

Närmaste veckan.
Måndagen den 23, bör jag kunna spela efter 21:00
Tisdagen kan jag när som.
torsdagen när som.

måndagen den 31/3, inga problem här
måndagen den 7/4 inga problem här.

Angående land så antar jag att jag får det jag blir tilldelad.

The first lesson about a sword is easy, stick em with the pointy end!

Mvh Christian

alternativ på land kanske vara.

Scottland
Baden
Bavaria
Oman
Algiers
Korea
Tibet
Japan(shiba)

The rise of the Hanseatic republic

The rich trade cities of northern Germany had long dominated the Baltic sea. The rise of the Kalmar Union in 1397 had severely threatened their domination of the area, which led to the strengthening of the cooperation between the free cities, forming the Hanseatic republic. The Statthalter, chosen from the people each fourth year, coordinated the efforts of the republic from the seat in Lübeck.

The first decision of the new Statthalter in 1444 was to strengthen the economy by increasing the naval presence in the Baltic region. Merchants were sent out far and wide to bring riches back to Lübeck while the army was stationed on the border to Denmark to protect against any potential aggressions from the union. The reformation of the fleet took the effort of the entire republic but the economical benefits could slowly be seen. When war was declared in northern Germany the army was sent westwards to assist in the defense of the other free cities. No claims were made by the Hansa however as they did not want to bring down the wrath of the Union until the fleet had been properly built up. Farther east the kingdom of Brandenburg expanded towards the Baltic with their allies in Austria and Poland. The Hansa being somewhat worried by this aggressive expansion made an agreement to protect the western free states and the Statthalter was reassured by the Brandenburgian king that his interests lay in the east.

When the fleet was finally reformed and the economy blossomed the Union had strengthened it's position by allying the great powers Lithuania and Muscowy in the east. The Statthalter conspired with the King of Brandenburg and sent envoys to the Swedish nobles to declare their support for a war of independence. The nobles rejected their offer however and continued to support the Union. The council in Lübeck agreed with the Statthalter that the northern alliance was to powerful at this time. Instead several wars were fought between the northern german states which ended with the city of Lauenburg joining the Haneatic republic.

Tales from the papal seat told of raging war-princes in the south starting to unite the free Italian states. During this time of peace and economic expansion at home the Statthalter enjoyed the correspondences with a certain Machiavelli in Florens who gladly detailed the recent events in Italy. It seemed especially the Medici family had varying degrees of luck in their enterprises in northern Italy, and Machiavelli wrote about a book he was dedicating to said Prince to try to straighten him on his path.

AAR bonus: Diplomatic power
On-Time bonus: Diplomatic power

In 1444 the king off Ayutthaya suddenly decided it was time to expand the borders of the realm. He was old and not very bright when it came neither to administration, diplomacy nor war, but he wanted to leave the world with a legacy and his advisors told him that Malacca was ripe for the taking, so of to war he went. Unfortunately the king of Aceh had the same thoughts and managed to sieze a province before the ayutthayan vassals arrived at the scene. Otherwise the war went well and soon the king had another vassal. Satisfied with his success he then died gently in his sleep and left the throne to his sole heir - lets call him bob - a true administrative genius.

Bob soon realized that you actually can have too many vassals and so started the annexation of the long time vassals khmer to lessen the diplomatic strains. He wanted to be no less of a war hero than his father though, and when he realised that the nieghbours to the north - Lan Na - had no allies he siezed the moment and the two provinces with no further ado. The easy win gave him a taste for more war and he soon declared war on the neighbour to the east - Lan Xing - and their allies - Shan. The ayutthayan vassals however did not behave exactly as Bob had planned, and though the was won and left juicy spoils, it nearly depleted the Ayutthayan man power and so for a time, the realm knew peace. Meanwhile Bob dedicated his time administration and more to the point to his new idea - colonization.

As his armies slowly recuperates Bob and all the Ayutthayan scholars available now works day and night to figure out how to best equip what they have choosen to call a conquistador.

Brandenburg AAR 1 - The Prince-Elector of the North
The year of our lord 1444

In the year of 1444 the holy roman empire were at peace. The duke of austria Friedrich III von Habsburg were the emperor.
In the northern part of the empire we have the Prince elector of Brandenburg.
Duke Friedrich II von Hohenzollern. The duke was not considered especially wise or important by the neighbouring princes of the empire, but he did consider himself one of the strongest of the northern parts of the holy roman empire.
To strengthen this claim alliances with both austria itself and the kingdom of Poland in the east was secured.

In joint forces with their new allies the Brandenburgian armies quickly invaded the province of Neumark which was both part of the empire and considered a core province of the Brandenburgian dukedom and currently in the hands of the Teutonic knights.
The knightly order called their allies consisting of the king of Hungary and duke of Mecklemburg.

The war was easily won and the Duke of Mecklemburg was the first to surrender.
With approval of the emperor Mecklemburg was annexed.
Just a few months later Neumark fell and the knights were forced to cede the province back to their rightful owners.

EhB87B8.jpg

Back at Hohenzollern castle
Duke Friedrich II recieved several insults from neighbouring princes of the empire.
He sent a diplomat to the emperor to get his blessing to silence the insolent dogs!

Reassured by the response the diplomat brought back Duke Friedrich II just waited for one more misstep from the neighbouring princes.
The duke of Magdeburg was the one to step over the line not only with an insult but also a raiding party into the province of Ruppin.
This was not tolerated, the emperor had given his blessing and the Polish king went a bit further, sending armies to support the righteous side of the war.

The duke of Magdeburg brought with him some minor princes, their armies were quickly crushed under the boot of the mighty combined armies of Brandenburg and Poland, resulting in the duke of Magdeburg brought back to Hohenzollern castle in chains and his rich province annexed.

gctx6me.jpg

Border frictions resulting in an arms race with the rich and powerful Hanseatic leauge at the border of Mecklemburg / Lübeck.
Fortunately it was resolved diplomatically.

Duke Friedrich II considered himself the rightful heir to neighbour to the north at the baltic coast, Pomerania.
FU9XyTf.jpg

War was declared and both Pomerania and the weakened teutonic knights were vassalized.

On time bonus: Admin Power
AAR bonus: Admin Power
Session: 1467

Hur Toscana blev en stormakt.

Prolog
Drömmen:
Natten till den 10:e November, anno domini, nådens år 1444 hade Cosimo di Giovanni de' Medici, De Facto härskare över den stolta Republiken Florens, en dröm. I denna dröm såg han Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore, Kronjuvelen i den stolta Repuibliken. Framför den mäktiga katedralen såg han Florens Skyddshelgon, Johannes Döparen (i folkmun vanligen omnämd som Hannes) Lägga sin hand på en mans axel. Mannens ansikte var för Cosimo dolt i skugga, men en inre övertygelse sade honom att denne man representerade den valde härskaren av Toscana, så som det en gång sagts att det skall vara, så som det alltid må förbli, för evigt, tills dess att vår frälsare kommer åter.

Kapitel 1
Fall & Uppgång:
När Cosimo de' Medici vaknade upp den 11:e November stod det klart för honom vad han behövde göra. Republiken Toscana stod som förebild till omvärlden med sin demokratiskt valda regent. Nepotistiska regimer omringade republiken, och detta var en ohållbar situation, särskillt nu när Cosimo besökts av självaste Hannes i sin dröm.

Vad som stod än mer klart var dock att den "eviga" tronen i Rom var en styggelse upp på människans gröna jord. Att en man kunde hävda sig som för resten av sitt liv härskare över ett folk var en styggelse i sig, men att hävda detta inför hela den krista kyrkan var en styggelse. Cosimo visste dock att detta inte var något man kunde säga högt inom adliga kretsar i Europa, så man bestämde sig istället för att fokusera sig på att ta kontrollen av Rom ifrån detta ämbete.

Innan detta kunde sättas i verket behövdes det emellertid en utökning av land. Provincen Arcona tedde sig oförsvarad nog för att smärtfritt intregeras i Toscana, och den metaforiska handsken var samma dag slängd nedanför fötterna på härskaren i Urbino. Vad man från Florens sida ej räknade med var att Cosimos son, Den välskapte Piero di Cosimo de' Medici, Åren tidigare hade spenderat mycket av sin tid i Aragon, och då specifikt med kungen av Aragons Dotter (För att inte nämna den korta fadäsen med dennes egen moder, drottningen) Detta hade nyligen kommit den Aragonska adelns till känna och kungen var hela landets skämt. När så Toscana angrep detta land som Aragon Tidigare haft intet intresse för så slog man plötsligt upp portarna för en allians med detta beskedliga land. Aragons Kungaätt må ej ha hand om damerna, men en ansenlig armé hade de under åren samlat sig. Efter ett ödesdiget krig för Toscana fick man ge upp det nyligen köpta Pisa till den hanrej som Aragons krona klädde.

Under perioden efter detta nederlag nåddes Cosimo av brev från Europas alla hörn. Inget är nämnvärt förutom att Hansan passade på att slänga kängor i Toscanas riktning. Hansan var den starkaste handelsmakten i Östersjön vid denna period. Inom hoven runt meddelhavet liknade man ofta detta med att vara den sötaste gatuflickan i Lübeck; Det är ekonomiskt positivt men omvärlden ser fortfarande ner på en. Niccolò Machiavelli, som under denna period spridit förtal om Cosimo och Adeln i Florens, landsförvisades och hamnade enligt uppgift i någon av Hansans territorier. Det är oklart vad som blev av honom därefter, men då han var känd för att var kräsen med sina kvinnor kan historiker med viss säkerhet säga att han trivdes illa.

Toscana återhämtade sig snart, och trots att Cosimo avled 1454 så kunde man snart stoltsera med att inte bara ha tagit tillbaka Pisa, utan även omhändertagit samtliga Italieska provinser som Påven tidigare lagd beslag på. Även ön Corsica kunde omhändertas för att nyttjas av det ideologiskt och teknologiskt överlägsna Toscana.

Spelare: Hannes
Land: Tuscany
On-Time bonus: Admin Power

విజయనగర సామ్రాజ్యము

రెండవ దేవ రాయలు నియమ ప్రారంభించండి స్వర్ణ యుగానికి సంవత్సరం ౨౪ లో విజయనగర సామ్రాజ్యము ఇప్పటికే ఒక శక్తివంతమైన దేశం మారింది...

Hmm, let us not massacre this noble language any further as most of our fellow rulers are likely illiterate anyway!

In the 24th year of the Golden age that started with the rule of Deva Raya II (called 1444 AD by some), the Vijayanagara Empire had already become a mighty nation, spanning most of South India. But that is newer a reason to be content! The Rayas attention was firmly directed to the north where the path to further expansion lay trough three longtime enemies: Gujarat to the northwest, Orissa to the northeast and Bahmanis in between. This choice was not especially difficult since he still had truces with the two former and Bahmanis was looking particularly weak.

A brief delay allowed for the army to reach its full strength as well as improved relations with two of the small nations on the southwest coast, leading to a vassal and an ally. The combined forces marched north and a few minor battles later Bahmanis was under Imperial control. The peace left the western half a part of the Empire, but Deva wisely saw that such a quick transition might be hard on the people and allowed the new provinces some autonomy as a vassal (soon to be annexed of course).

Not wanting the army to sit idle while waiting for the truce with Orissa to end the Raya turned towards the rich island of Ceylon. They relied to much on the sea for defense and were quickly defeated with the help of a few transport ships. As that campaign wound down the time became ripe for an attack on Orissa, now weakened by other wars. They were no tougher than Bahmanis had been and were soon conquered, but sadly not before large parts had fallen to their other enemies, leaving the Viljaynagari territories split by Golkonda. The success apparently went to the head of the Golkondan ruler as he changed his mind and proclaimed himself uninterested in becoming a vassal of the Empire. Not to worry, he will soon realize his error.

In late spring 1459 the glorious 35 year rule of Deva Raya II came to an end and he was succeeded by Mallikarjuna Raya. A less skilled ruler he still wanted to follow the appointed path and turned to the third old enemy, Gujarat. They had however become stronger during the last years (at the expense of a few small neighbors) and even gone and joined into a coalition against the Empire together with the somewhat recovered remains of Bahmanis. This will be a tough problem to solve, but the expansion northward will continue one way or another!

Spelare: Erik
Land: Vijayanagara
On-Time bonus: Admin Power

In 1444 Venice controlled large parts of the northeast italian region, some lands on the coast of the balkans and the island of Crete. Moreover the islands kingdoms of Corfu and Naxos were vassals of Venice. The three most powerful families in Venice were however not content with this. They spent most of the first months of 1444 in secret meetings, planning the future of Venice.

In 1444 Venice was ruled by the Doge, a man elected by the noble people of Venice to act as ruler of the republic of Venice, and thanks to their gifts of persuasion the heads of of the three families managed to get one of their own to be elected Doge in 1444 and at once they began with preparations in order to make their plans come true.

At the same time the ruler of Tuscany had declared war on his neighbour the king of Urbino. The war initially went well for Tuscany but suddenly the king of Aragon decided to intervene and help the king of Urbino. Soon the Tuscan armies were defeated and the ruler of Tuscany asked his neighbours in Milan and Venice for help in the war. The Venetian Doge, who for some reason hated the King of Aragon (nobody really knows why, because nobody has dared to ask him) decided to intervene and without consulting his advisors he declared war on aragon and sent the venetian army to Tuscany in order to drive out the Aragon army from Italy. The Doge soon realised that he had made a mistake then the venetian army were crushed in the battle of Firenze.

A peace treaty between tuscany and Venice on one side and Aragon and their allies on the other were signed shortly after that battle, but because of the Doges rash decision to intervene in the war the Army of Venice were crushed and needed to be rebuilt. After several years the Venetian Army were rebuilt and the Doge decided to send a diplomat to the island kingdom of Cyprus with a declaration of war. The diplomat were soon followed by the rebuilt venetian army and the siege of Cyprus began.

The kingdom of Cyprus were however guaranteed by the mameluks of Egypt who joined the war against Venice. In the battle of the Bay of Alexandria the fleets of Venice and the Mameluks engage each other and after a long battle the venetian fleet had sunk almost every enemy ship. The war now came to a stand still, the venetian fleet blockaded all mamelukian ports in the Mediterranean, and had conquered Cyprus, but becuse the mamelukian armies far outnumbered the venetian armies, a venetian invasion of Egypt wasn't possible. After some years (and a surprise invasion of Italy by a mamelukian army, who had marched by land through the Ottoman Empire and Hunqury) a peace treaty were eventually signed by Venice and The Mameluks and Cyprus, with the result that Cyprus were annexed by Venice.

Soon the Doge of Venice declared war on Bosnia and after a short war the provinces of Ragusa and Hums were conquered. In the year 1467 Venice are for the moment at peace with her neighbours but the Doge are currently contemplating how to expand his realm in the years to come...

Spelare: Johan
Land: Venice