• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Efter att 1510 äntligen gjort fred med Österrikarna, några provinser bytte händer, började vägen tillbaka. Inflationen var skyhög, oroligheterna många och den allmänna känslan i landet var kass. Kungen behövde nu lugna tider för att sköta sitt arbete. Han byggde infrastruktur, utforskade världen och erövrade endast ett fåtal provinser. Det mesta gick bra , utforskningen hade kungen dock otur med. Hans odugliga explorer dog redan efter några år och hann knappt upptäck någonting. Som tur var förhandlade hans alliansbroder England bra med Portugal och fick fram ett rimligt pris på kartorna över världen som Brandenburg kunde vara med och dela på.

Efter cirka 30 år av hårt arbete började landet ändå hämta sig ganska bra och var redo att ta sig an nya äventyr, dock kanske inte med österrike.

Session: 1539
Land: Brandenburg
Ledare: 1 explorer, 3 generaler
OTB: -BB
AAR bonus: -BB
Core: Calcutta, Kalikata
Ledare

Jocke kommer hem 19.45 på måndag igen så vi drar igång session då.

I nådens år 1510 va Portugal ett land på uppgång, trots att det till ytan var ett av de mindre i Europa var dess flotta en av de största i världen och portugisiska upptäckare hade kartlagt den afrikanska och asiatiska kusten samt större delen av sydamerika. Nu var det dags att utnyttja all denna kunskap, långt borta i ostindien fanns ett par dåligt administrerade hedniska kungariken vars rikedomar som skulle vara till mycket stor nytta i den portugisiske kungens planer.

Sagt och gjort, efter ett par år av förberedelser skickades portugals östra flotta fulladdad med soldater till ostindien där armen landsteg och började erövringen, efter ett par inledande bakslag vände krigslyckan och snart kapitulerade den första inonesiska kungen för den portugisiska övermakten. I och med kapitulationen svor ungefär 40 000 soldater trohet till portugal och dessa soldater skickades direkt ut för att erövra nästa kungarike i ostindien.

Efter ett något utdraget krig kunde den portugisiske kungen lägga även detta rike under sina fötter, Portugal var nu på god väg att bli en stormakt men i detta triumfartade ögonblick slog de förrädiska engelsmännen till och förklarade krig! Engelsmännen var, som vilken normal människa som helst, avundsjuka på de portugisiska upptäckarnas mod och ville sno åt sig de kartor som dessa modiga män hade gett sitt liv för att ta fram. Kriget blev dock en stor besvikelse för engelsmännen, Portugals brödrafolk i spanien kunde inte vara stilla utan kom till Portugals undsättning och snart var Engelsmännen fördrivna från Portugals land. Efter förhandlingar valde engelsmännen att betala ett skäligt pris för de portugisiska kartorna och kungen valde att lägga stora delar av dessa pengar på att rusta upp den portugisiska flottan.

I början av år 1539 är Portugal ett land på uppgång, portugisiska soldater har visat sitt mod i flera krig och många nya provinser har lagts under den portugisiska kungens spira. Den stora frågan är, vad ska hända härnäst?

Land: portugal
Ledare: 1 explorer, 1 general 2 admiraler
OTB: deflation
AAR bonus: deflation
Core: Transkei, Zotho

The true faith 2.0​

During the winter of 1510 peace negotiations were held in Prag between the two major German countries in Europe. The English King's liberation campaign had given fruit and peace was signed with a formal border being drawn up between the two countries. When peace was signed the English armies under Norfolk returned home and the King began preparing his planned expansion in America. The three Indian nations bordering the English colonies were slowly manipulated and encouraged to unite against the English by threats and raids into their lands. When they finally met in some tipi and smoked some pipes to settle the deal the English general threw a major party on their side of the border. It was after all less costly to crush all these natives in one campaign instead of several. Two days later, when the generals had sobered up, the armies fell into the Indian lands and they were all soon subdued as well.

The King himself crossed the ocean to inspect his new lands but were appalled at how low revenues his bailiffs were drawing in. It seemed the catholic priest that came over to spread Christianity were claiming much of the land and using the money for church-bells. The King left in anger and when he returned to London he heard about Martin Luther and his excellent teachings from his brother-in-law, who had already embraced the true faith. He saw the wisdom in this and as he also liked to get a divorce from his ugly Spanish wife he quickly converted the nation to the real true faith. He then sent word to America to his generals and they immediately confiscated all the churches land and wealth. Making the English coffers swell once again.

Word came from the merchant guilds that the Portuguese were making outstanding riches on trade with the far east. If they could be coerced to give up this trading routes to the English merchants such revenues could help the King greatly. He thought about asking nicely first but dismissed the notion, the English fleet was so far uncontested on the sea and they needed exercise. The landing in Lisbon went well until the Portuguese king claimed to have “dropped” his handkerchief outside the walls. The English, being real gentlemen, withdrew slightly to let him retrieve it but the sneaky King instead sent out a runner to the Spanish monarch crying for aid. The English assaulted the city in anger of this betrayal of civilized conduct but were forced out into the boats as the Spanish monarch had time to get his army in place.

A landing was staged but due to miscommunication by fresh Indian recruits , who had not yet learned English, it failed catastrophically and the English king had to settle for buying the maps to the far east of the greedy Portuguese. The English East-India company was formed and English influence is now spreading even further in the world.

Land: England
Ledare: 1 conquistador, 3 generaler
On-time bonus: Deflation
AAR bonus: Deflation
Core: Omaha, Omaha, 1886

År 1510 föreberedde Ottomanerna en invasion av Europa. Tråkigt nog så blev en österrikiska kejsaren sjuk i feber och kunde inte försvara sitt framtida rike. Detta ledde till att de Ottomanska soldaterna snabbt drev de Ungerska och Tjeckiska trupperna nästan hela vägen upp till Östersjön. Hela Ungern annekterades snabbt förutom huvudstaden, och Tjeckerna lootades på deras värdesaker. Men eftersom att sultanen i Istanbul äskar fred över allt annat så gjordes det snabbt fred och trupperna samlades i syd östra Europa för att festa.

Efter detta krig så ville sultanen använda sina pengar för att stärka sitt rike. Infrastrukturen och byteshandeln blomstrade under denna tiden upp, och många nya borgmästare och lagmän anställdes. Sultanen bestämde till och med att vänta med den planerade invasionen av mellan-Afrika trots att han sedan många år tillbaka samlat ca 150.000 man i stridsuppställning att invänta signal. Dessa soldater stod nu mest och chillade i Afrika under dessa fredliga år. Dock hade han konstant ett vakande öga på mellan Afrika. Om någon hade försökt annektera dem hade han förklarat krig mot båda två.

Runt 1537 började Sultanen även att på diplomatisk väg annektera ett par grannar. Detta bidrog till att land förbindelserna med de afrikanska kolonierna kunde knytas och alla hurrade högt.

Land: Ottoman Empire
On-time bonus: -BB
Core: De turkosa afrikanernas huvudstad (Unable to check)

In the early 16th century there was a new mood going about western Europe. The rumours coming from the iberian peninsula told of great riches beyond the western seas. It became clear that england had acted upon these rumours and the tales of conquests over the natives beyond the ocean had sparked the french monarchs couriosity. In 1510 a new fleet stood ready to explore worlds unknown. It was decided that the fleet was to round the cape of Africa and continue beyond. It was said that the naval country of Portugal had allready achieved this undertaking, but whatever discoveries had been made there had been kept secret from the rest of the world.

Once the continent of Africa was out of sight the fleet admiral and chief explorer began to show signs of terrible scurvy. Nigh a few month later he passed away, and with him died the lust to continue further. The armies abord the fleet was instead directed toward the shores of eastern Africa. Soon a great strech of coast was claimed for France.

Meanwhile in Europe, the monarch had noticed that the small but rich nation of Genova was without Allies. The constant threat of beeing overrun by the vile Spaniards, the people of genova gladly welcomed the support of the french, and soon a healty cut of the Genova trade income was in French treasury. Before long, documents were signed granting France total control over the Genova capital aswell as the island of Corsica.

During coming years, two more brave and capable souls where given the mission to explore the shores beyond africa. Exploration is still going strong, and a center for trades in the far east has been claimed for Frech purposes. This will serve as a staging ground for futher endeavours in this part of the world.

Land: Grodätaren
Ledare: 1 Explorer, 3 generaler
Core: Goa, Goa

Last edited:
After the successful invasion of the territories claimed by The Golden Horde during the first decade of sixteenth century the Russian flag was finally flying over all of these provinces in 1514 (except for the smallest and furthest province of Sarai which was of no interest to Moscow). The prince then wondered if there was a more peaceful way of giving more people the benefit of being Russians and so he sent his brave adventurer Erik I to the east. The expedition, overcoming many difficulties (and some misguided natives) discovered numerous new countries and undeveloped provinces along the great Ob and Irtysh rivers. Delighted, Vasily encouraged the more restless of the Russian men and women to bring civilization to these distant lands. He then focused on developing and the technology, trade and economy of all of Russia.

During this time, religious upheaval raged trough Europe - but the Russians, not being easily swayed by short-lived fads, simply said "We could not care less".

When Vasily III died in 1533 his son, named Ivan IV after his grandfather, rose to the throne. At first he was content with continuing his fathers work, but he was becoming more and more frustrated with the slow progress. Events outside his fathers control had made most Russians reluctant to move to the new colonies and also slowed the economy. One summer day in 1537 he paced his castle in a terrible mood, this particular one being caused by seeing how the Russian people in Lithuania, just a short distance away, were being oppressed by their rulers. He therefore sent his troops to liberate them. He soon realized that he had acted to hastily: while hos troops quickly seized several cities the armies of Lithuania and their longtime allies, Poland, began gathering. In his hurry he had not collected the amount of men he needed to beat their combined forces and he had also, embarrassingly, forgotten to protect his southern flank with men and fortifications. The wisest decision this time might be to call for peace, but the injustices suffered by Russians at the hands of these old foes will not be forgotten...

Land: Russia
AAR bonus: stategift
Core: Bashkira, Uzyan

1510 hade det lilla landet Sverige varit i krig i omgångar under ganska lång tid. Men rykten om guld i främmande delar av världen fick vikingarna att ta sitt lilla förnuft till fånga och segla väster ut. Efter en spännande tid av nya upptäckter kunde de dock inte hålla sig längre, dags för nästa krig! Detta gång var det Litauen som fick på däng, när Svea rika nådde ny, oanad storlek.

Land: Sverige
Ledare: 2 conquistador, 1 explorer, 1 generaler
On-time bonus: stategift (om meddelad försening räknas)
AAR bonus: stategift (om ok, trots 27h sen)
Core: Minsk, Minsk

Edits för krig.

Aus - Bra - 8 år

vinnare aus 550 1% def
förlorare bra 800 2% def

Eng - Aus - 5 år

lika 400 -0.75 var

Eng - Por/Spa 3 år

lika 300 -0.5 def delat

Sneaky bastards and nightmares of attrition

Sneaky bastards and nightmares of attrition was combined into a devilish soup of fail for the Ottomans this session. The Austrians and English grouped up to reclaim the western parts of Hungary when the worst part of conquering Kongo was under way. To enter Kongo, the heroic Ottomans had to traverse uninhabited territory, only to find the most vicious tribe of uneducated savages this side of the equator (except for the Austrians).

Thankfully Hungary was just a buffer zone which had no real value to the sultan and waging war there is regarded as a suitable pass time for his various offspring.

The Ottmoman Empire will expand into infinity!

Session: 1554
Land: Ottoman Empire
Ledare: 4 generaler
On-time bonus: -deflation
AAR bonus: -deflation
Core: Samara,Samara 1571

Last edited:
I nådens år 1539 började den portugisiske kungen förberedelserna för sin planerade expansion i södra afrika. Generaler och conquistadorer skeppades dit från Lissabon, soldater rekryterades och armeer marscherade iväg för att erövra de hedniska länderna i södra afrika.

När de portugisiska armerna till slut marscherade in i landet som av infödingarna kallades för Zulu var fienden helt oförbered och de portugisiska soldaterna kunde i triumf befria provins efter provins från kungen av Zulus förtryck. Efter ett kort krig kunde Portugal annektera hela riket och armerna marscherade vidare för att erövra Zimbabwe.

Detta krig kunde dock inte avslutas lika fort som det tidigare och de portugisiska soldaterna led fruktansvärda plågor när de kämpade sig fram i södra afrikas inland. Efter många år av krig kapitulerade ändå till slut infödingarna i Zimbabwe för den portugisiske övermakten och fred rädde återigen i Portugal efter mer än ett decennium av krig.

Land: Portugal
Ledare: 1 explorer, 2 generaler, 1 admiral
On-time bonus: -deflation
AAR bonus: -deflation
Core: Ayuthaya,Ayuthaya, 670

Brandenburg låg långt efter de andra länderna utvecklingsmässigt och behövde ta till sneaky tactics för att komma ikapp. Tillsammans med sina blodsbröder i England utvecklade man en sinnrik plan för att sätta käppar i hjulet för Frankrikes överlägsna expansion. Man invaderade utan förvarning de holländska provinserna belägrade många andra. Efter ett relativt smärtfritt krig kom åter freden och hälften av de holländska provinserna bytte ägo.

Det var annars relativt lugna år för brandenburgarna. Några provinser från Litauen erövrades samt något cot österut. Handeln är precis på väg att ta fart i brandenburg och med den ökar förhoppningsvis inkomsterna.

Land: brandenburg
OTB: -bb
Core: cotet i china som inte är Shanghai, kan inte kolla nu. Skriver senare.

The glorious vikings are expanding in the west, discovering new lands and sending out new, brave settlers to claim the land. But mean while, back home in europe, they were also involved in a great battle, destroying Lithuania completely. Just you wait, one day the entire world will obey Odin!

Land: Sverige
Core: Navahradak

Jag kommer inte ha tid att spela imorgon. Midterms och handins denna vecka, tyvärr.

Ivan IV felt terrible when he had to sign a truce with Lithuania and Poland (after having thrown out all enemy forces from Russian soil of course), but the time was not right. He didn't have to wait long though - when Sweden invaded Lithuania in the beginning of 1544 Ivan sent his men across the border. While the Swedes kept to the north, rightfully wary of the Russia's might, they rapidly took control over the rest of these long suffering Russian lands. Austria then wisely left the eastern parts of Poland to be liberated by their brothers from Moscow. When peace was restored the thrones of these old enemies were no more than pin chairs.

Some colonization to east was also accomplished.

Land: Russia
Core: Braclav, Braclav

Last edited:
The Balancing Act

In 1539 Europe was on the verge of war. Christianity was splitting itself up in different fractions and in the east the Muslims were advancing towards the heart of Europe. After the peace treaties between Austria and Brandenburg the English king had come to meet the Austrian Emperor, his illness was well known, leaving Austria without ruler for decades. The Muslim advance into Europe had the English king worried however. He therefore sent his top psychiatrist to Vienna to cure the emperor of his illness or at least have him assassinated so that his heir could take the throne. He also had orders to offer the assistance of the English navy. An agreement was settled and as the Emperor prepared his armies the English navy set sail for Istanbul. The declaration of war came and the Muslim galleys were quickly disposed of. The Sultan, although with riches unimaginable and the biggest army in the world, seemed unwilling to engage the Emperor with Istanbul cut off by the English navy. Peace was signed without much fighting on either side and the Emperor could reclaim many of the Hungarian provinces.

Half of the English navy was sent home but the rest stayed with the marines in the Mediterranean to await further orders from London. The English king and his brother-in-law in Berlin had seen the threat of the pompous French monarch as he had forced the French language onto too many unwilling subjects in both the Netherlands and Africa. The plan was too free the Dutch children from having to learn French in school and at the same time weaken the frogs and their king. The German cavalry fell into the lowlands from the north while the English cavalry landed in Normandie and swiftly swept in to siege Paris while annihilating several armies on their way to reinforce the north. The English marines then landed in Genoa to take control of the trade centre there and then launch attacks towards Nice and southern France.
The French fought back hard but when Paris fell to the English and the lowlands were held by the Germans the French king saw reason and wisely settled for peace, yielding the northern lowlands to Brandenburg.

Land: England
Core: Salton, Navaho, 14

First order of business in the early 1540s was to complete the expansion into Eastern Africa. The native tribe that remained was soon assimilated, thus completing the french conquests in that part of the world.

On the homrefront, just in time for the surrender of the savages previously mentioned, the Vile English and the ungrateful People of brandenburg made a land grab aimed on the former burgundy provinces in northern france. The attack came in an unprepared moment for the french, and even though every man fought bravely, a considerable amount of lad had to be given up. For now.

With no more tribes in africa to conquer, the aim was set for unhabitated land. The large Island outside the eastern coast of Africa was chosen, and colonies are now beeing established by brave men of France.

Kort, men jag är sjukt trött...

Land: The cheese-eating surrender monkeys
Ledare: 1 explorer, 3 generaler
Core: Qeshm, Hormouz, 1802

Turkarna i öst har länge trakasserat provinser och länder som är ämnade för Österrike, för länge har detta orättfärdiga beteende gått ostraffat!
Österrike med hjälp av engländaren, väljer att anfalla turken och ta tillbaka smått en liten andel som tillhör österrike. Eftersom det gick så fort så valde Karl V att sätta alla katolska länder under en och samma fana för att i framtiden krossa alla kättare som gått från att endast vara muslimer i öst till att vara protestanter av alla slag (och fortfarande såklart muslimerna).

Så fort turkarna visade svaghet genom att tigga efter pengar så valde österrike att anfalla dom än en gång och förhoppningsvis ta tillbaka ännu en andel.

Land: Österrike
On-time bonus: cash
aar: -bb
core: 373, rastatt

Spanien får samma ledare som tidigare dvs.. 2 generaler, 1 admiral och 1 conquistador.

Last edited:
Ferdinand vilar sig i form

Hann tyvärr inte skriva nåt igår... Skriver lite idag iaf: Kort och sent precis som förra sessionen ;)

Efter alla äventyr i Amerika var Ferdinand väldigt trött, och han var ju trots allt inte längre den unge tjur som rusat in i Madrids palats för så många år sen, så han låg och vilade på sin äng i andalusien - ganska länge. Eller väldigt länge. 15 år gick och han rörde sig inte ur fläcken. Ferdinands mor tyckte det vara ganska skönt att slippa hans klövar i inrikespolitiken och fortsatte att utveckla den spanska infrastrukturen. Efter ett tag blev hon dock lite rastlös och försökte sig på ett krig i Italien. Utan Ferdinands ledaregenskaper gick det tyvärr inte så bra, men de spanska trupperna lyckades iaf erövra en italiensk provins innan Ferdinands mor fick inse att hon helt enkelt inte var lagd åt det krigiska hållet och återgick till att försöka lösa problemet med inflationen. Och till slut kom hon på det! Om man utsåg fler borgmästare som kunde hålla koll på ekonomin ute i provinserna så minskade inflationen drastiskt! Att hon inte kommit på det tidigare...

Land: Den spanska inkvisitionen
Ledare: 2 generaler, 1 conquistador och en amiral
Eventuell AAR bonus: -BB
Core: Parma,Parma