• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Natasha-lynn

Corporal
Apr 15, 2019
HI everyone,

@paradox is there an option for costum skins? I like playing the amazons but I kinda wanna change the outfit of some of the standard units a bit for costumization. I don't know how much effort it is to maybe get an army painter mod, like in W40K. That way we could make our own amazon race or vanguards.

Cat-Ra

Link please?
There's a number of mods that add units, but I'm not aware of any currently extant mods that are pure "I changed the look of units". It's possible to do that in a mod, but most modders are more interested in things like adding units or changing how certain things function. As that also tends to be what I'm looking for in a mod it's entirely possible there are such mods and I am unaware of them.

I'd suggest learning how to swap models yourself and then go commision some models from an artist.

The real reason why such mods are almost non-existent is different. Adding an unit or making/changing new abilities is a lot easier.
Really? That seems... odd... I haven't seen any example of new units without new models... Is it changing the models for things already present that's hard then? Hmmm

If the new unit has a custom model I'd imagine its roughly the same amount of work. Which is still models and textures. Not many people are going to put in that kind of effort for the default units.