Correcting incorrect or imprecise descriptions of abilities, spells, etc.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Abilities_DLC3.xml

Equanimity of Mind
MEDITATION_DESCRIPTION@STATUS_EFFECT
"This unit has meditated and gained Equanimity of Mind {bonus} until the end of combat."
{bonus} can take one of the following value: 2[fire/], 2[physic/], 2[spirit/], +2[def/], +2[resist]
Issue: it's more about QoL for localizators than being more precise.
- Phrasing is odd even ni English (I think), and it isn't a gift for localizators either, because of the diversity of the bonus (that could very well appeal different phrasings);
- Moreover, the inclusion of '+' sign can cause some inconsistency in the formatting as compared to other statuses. For instance, in German, it is litteraly translated into "has received 2[fire/] from Equanimity of Mind", quite a odd phrasing.

Suggestion:
1) Remove the '+' sign; if needed, a localizator can add it.
2) As the 5 possible bonuses fall into two categories: melee damage bonus and defensive bonus, we could if possible split this status into two internal statuses, e.g. Melee_Equanimity and Defence_Equanimity, such as:
MEDITATION_MELEE_DESCRIPTION
"This unit has meditated and gained a +{bonus} melee damage bonus until the end of combat."
MEDITATION_DEF_DESCRIPTION
"This unit has meditated and gained +{bonus} until the end of combat."
In both cases, the status effect would be named "Equanimity of Mind", as currently.

Chilled
Chilling effects are cumulative and last for 2 turns.
In one case however, I got hint that the Frostling Totem's effects last for 3 turns. Or was this caused by 4 stacked effects (this Halfling Hunter had a 40% Frost Weakness, and this confirms the x4 stacked effects: 40 - 80 = -40).

Attachments

• aow3_chilledByAbility.jpeg
    aow3_chilledByAbility.jpeg
    82,5 KB · Views: 8
  • aow3_chilledByTotem.jpeg
    aow3_chilledByTotem.jpeg
    115,3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
About G48d in Balance mod:

BAL_ABILITIES.xml

Cause Fear
(-400 morale) -> (-400[happiness/])

Skills_Warlord.xml

Berserk
Units with MCI are not listed along with not affected units. It is in Cause Berserk.
In French, I copied the line in Cause Berserk into Berserk.

Skills_Dreadnought.xml

Overload
DESCRIPTION@OVERLOAD
"[...]Target Machine deals {overloadDamageBonus} damage until end of combat[...]"
Suggestion:
"Target Machine deals {overloadDamageBonus} damage in main damage channel until end of combat"
Reason: a Flame Tank will receive +10 damage bonus both to its Flame-thrower (fire) and Ram (physical) attacks, but none to secondary channel opened by Star Blades. Same for Canons as respect to secondary ranged damage.
Note: eventually, precise "with all its attacks, until end of combat".

Attachments

• aow3_flameTankSurchargeStarBlades.jpeg
    aow3_flameTankSurchargeStarBlades.jpeg
    96,5 KB · Views: 8
I'd like to second Gladis's concern about incomplete navigation and ships' descriptions.
But as for now, let's begin with some obsolete information:

Produce Ironclad Warship
DESCRIPTION@PRODUCE_IRONCLAD
"[...] If Shipbuilding has been researched, units now also embark on Ironclads instead of Coasters or Frigates."
Suggestion:
"[...] Units now also embark on Ironclads instead of Galleons."
Reason (as Gladis wrote):
1) Produce IronClad Warship requires Advanced Seafaring (not Shipbuilding, btw), so it has been researched already;
2) With Advanced Seafaring, units embark on Galleons, no more on Frigates, and certainly not on Coasters.

(playing with PBEM & SP Balance mod)

The description for Levitating doesn't tell anything about the +1 Vision range. I don't know where a player can know why their Lost Souls get 4 Vision rnage instead of 3. Perhaps, same oversight with Flying ability?

Frostling RG Prophet Economic
UPUGRADE_DESCRIPTION@ECONOMIC_FROSTLING_RACE_UPGRADE_4
{CastleGoldExtra} has no value. It should be: +5[gold/], according to Dev notes.
Note that {CastleManaExtra} and the other static variables gets the correct value.

@Hiliadan :

1) What about tracking any hidden "hindered" effect and adding them in the ability descriptions? See the difference between Berserk and Intimidating Shout on the screenshots. Also remember that an official loading tip specifically advises to think about using an ability even if the target would probably resist it, just to benefit from its "resist case" effect (e.g. hindered); yet, the player is never informed when he has to choose a new ability/skill. Only tactical tooltips provide this information.

2) What about following the writing style of DLC3, and backward-using the [anger/]:mad: icon replacer instead of the [happiness/]:D icon replacer everytime a modifier is negative and morale/happiness will drop? E.g., any "-20% [happiness/]:D" would be changed into "-20% [anger/]:mad:" (or "+20%[anger/]", I should check this).
I know, replacers that are included into {...} variables won't be changed this way, but perhaps, these variables could be replaced with hard written percentages and icon replacers in the descriptions. Yes, that's a little more work ahead, but on the other hand the game is quite old now, and it won't be balanced by Triumph Studios anymore, will it?

I volunteer for the review and correction for both (in English for first point, in all languages for second point).

Attachments

• aow3_berserkTooltip.jpeg
    aow3_berserkTooltip.jpeg
    70,9 KB · Views: 5
  • aow3_shoutTooltip.jpeg
    aow3_shoutTooltip.jpeg
    75,6 KB · Views: 4
Interface.xml

Typo in English; not impacting localization.

CITY_HAPPINESS_REDUCED@SPELL_CITY_DAMAGE
RACE_RELATION_REDUCED@SPELL_CITY_DAMAGE
RACE_RELATION_REDUCED_NO_TURNS@SPELL_CITY_DAMAGE

Current text: "Hapiness"
Corrected text: "Happiness"

Skills_Warlord.xml

DESCRIPTION@RANGED_COMMAND
Current text: "All units in the Hero's Army gain {rangedcommandRangedPhysicalStrengthBonus} Ranged strength."
Suggested text: "All units in the Hero's Army gain {rangedcommandRangedPhysicalStrengthBonus} Ranged strength in main damage channel."
Reason: the {} variable is equal to "+1" and despite its name is not always of physical type. Moreover, it doesn't apply to every damage channel.

Recruit Human Archer in Domain of Winter: Shoot Bow > 10 Physical = 8 + 1 (DoW) + 1 (Ranged Command)
Veteran Draconian Flamer in Domain of Winter: Fire Bomb > 6 Physical / 10 Fire = 4/7 + 0/2 (xp) + 1/1 (DoW) + 1/0 (Ranged Command)
Recruit Draconian Engineer in Domain of Winter: Blunderbuss > 9/9 = 7/8 + 1/1 + 1/0 | Grenade > 6/5 = 4/4 + 1/1 + 1/0
Recruit Human Priest: Spirit Rays > 10 Spiritual = 8 + 1 (DoW) + 1 (Ranged Command)
QED

About Nourrishing Meal (and Fortifying Meal in PBEM & SP Balance mod):

When both abilities affect an unit, the later gains an effect which name is the same Nourrishing Meal (Fortifying Meal), and which is sourced to itself.
Let's recall those effects:
Nourrishing Meal heals, increases max life and grants a morale bonus until end of battle.
Fortifying Meal heals, resets Throw Chicken (if a Halfling), increases max life, grants a morale bonus and the Bolster passive, solace-like ability until end of battle.
(Bolster is sourced to Fortifying Meal, as expected)

Yet, the info displayed for these effects is the one already displayed for the active ability.

Would it be possible to have a dedicated effect that would replace the "Meals" in a target unit's panel? Note that as undead can only be healed, they shouldn't gain this effect.
For instance:

Reinvigorated:
"This unit is satiated and content, it gains +15 max [hp/] and +{} [happiness/] until the end of the battle."
(source: Nurrishing Meal)

Reinvigorated:
"This unit is satiated and content, it gains +15 max [hp/], +{} [happiness/], and Bolster until the end of the battle."
(source: Fortifying Meal)

Abilities_DLC2.xml

MARK_BLOOD_SACRIFICE_DESCRIPTION@ACTIVE_ABILITY_TOUCH
Current text (PBEM & SP Balance mod): "all friendly non-Machince units are healed"
Suggested text: "all friendly units are healed" + append with "[br/][br/]Machines can be marked but cannot benefit from this ritual."
Reason: 1) Typo 2) It's not obvious that a machine can be marked for a blood sacrifice.
(Note: the new status effect description is fine)

Abilities.xml

INFLICT_EXHAUSTING_FATIGUE_DESCRIPTION@ACTIVE_ABILITY_MODIFIERS
Current text:
"Units suffering from Exhausting Fatigue have {exhaustingfatigueStrengthPenalty} strength and {exhaustingfatigueMoralePenalty}."
Suggested text:
"Units suffering from Exhausting Fatigue have {exhaustingfatigueStrengthPenalty} melee strength and {exhaustingfatigueMoralePenalty}."

EXHAUSTED_DESCRIPTION@STATUS_EFFECT
Current text:
"This unit suffers {exhaustingfatigueStrengthPenalty} strength and {exhaustingfatigueMoralePenalty}."
Suggested text:
"This unit suffers {exhaustingfatigueStrengthPenalty} melee strength and {exhaustingfatigueMoralePenalty}."

Reason: strength penalty is -4 Physical, only for melee attacks.

BAL_ABILITIES.xml

DESCRIPTION@BLIND
Current text:
"Blinded units with Total Awareness only suffer the range handicap, not the flanking handicap."
Suggested text:
"Blinded units in Guard mode or with Total Awareness only suffer the range handicap, not the flanking handicap."

Reason: Blinded doesn't prevent 360° threat zone and retaliation.

Attachments

• aow3_blindedStillGuarding1.jpeg
    aow3_blindedStillGuarding1.jpeg
    243,3 KB · Views: 0
  • aow3_blindedStillGuarding2.jpeg
    aow3_blindedStillGuarding2.jpeg
    241,1 KB · Views: 0
Stuff from p.4 of the old thread:

@Rodmar18:
Please tell me how to write it then:
– (balance mod) Inflict Immobilisation is not written like other inflicts + lack a status description: Immobilized.

Don't know what you mean / does not seem to be a Throw Ice Ball issue:
– Throw Ice Ball : Frost and Fire resistances are not mentionned as when Frozen.

What Cosmic event are you talking about?
– Cosmic Happenings : duration “round” is used whereas it could/should be “turn” (strategic turn), to be consistent with Empire Quests and other global effects.

Not a priority + give me examples when it's not like that:
– Sprint : same as Slayer’s Doubt and Immobilization : no entry for the effect (when Sprint is activated), so you read a ‘Sprint’ in white and a ‘Sprint’ in blue. This is against other non passive abilities. Could add “Uncatchable” “This unit is sprinting and cannot be attacked by opportunity.”

@gladis:
I don't realy get what you want + the picture is gone:
The Beetle´s Command lacks a proper info about unlocking Tame Trolls:
soArrayeet.png

It should be mentioned that you need the Goblin RG Military Prophet.

The description in Beetle Command makes no difference between Beetle and Troll. But you need the RG to produce Trolls.
So it could get the description:
Tame Trolls (with Goblin Military Prophet).
Beetle Command Tame Trolls.PNG

Last edited:
If it could help, French version for "Beetle Command" is "Quartier of Big Critters", at least in PBEM!

1) Immobilization:

In BAL_ABILITIES.xml:

Inflict Immobilization
DESCRIPTION@INFL_IMM
"Each melee attack has a chance [resistPhysical/] to immobilize enemy unit for 2 [turn/]."
Issues:
a/ Typo, as the resistance check value is missing;
b/ Status effect not recalled;
c/ Immunities not stated.
Suggestion:
"Each melee attack has a chance (XX[resistPhysical/]) to immobilize target enemy unit for 2 [turn/]. Immobilized units cannot move, but can perform other actions (e.g. attack, retaliate). Elemental, Incorporeal and Machine units cannot be immobilized by harpoons."

Reason: a model could be Throw Harpoons in Abilities_DLC3.xml:
THROW_HARPOON_DESCRIPTION@ACTIVE_ABILITY_RANGED
"Throw harpoons at target enemy unit and cause the target to be Immobilized ({immobilizedStrength}). Immobilized units cannot move, but can perform other actions, for {immobilizedTime}. Elemental, Incorporeal and Machine units cannot be immobilized by harpoons."
Suggestion (speaking of it) :
"Throw harpoons at target enemy unit and cause the target to be Immobilized ({immobilizedStrength}) for {immobilizedTime}. Immobilized units cannot move, but can perform other actions (e.g. attack, retaliate). Elemental, Incorporeal and Machine units cannot be immobilized."
Reason: other Inflict XXX descriptions are phrased this way (the duration is linked to the active ability, not the status effect: Inflict Immolation, Inflict Frozen, Inflict Shocked...).

In Abilities.xml:

IMMOBILIZED_NAME@STATUS_EFFECT
"Immobilized"
IMMOBILIZED_DESCRIPTION@STATUS_EFFECT
"This unit cannot move, but can perform other actions."
Suggestion:
"This unit cannot move, but can perform other actions (e.g. attack, retaliate)."
Reason: on the model of Frozen: "cannot take any action (e.g. move, attack, retaliate)"

ALSO, pleace check that this status effect is effectively used (in red) when the target is affected by Throw Harpoons or the PBEM Inflict Immobilization ability.
To compare, the Impaired status effect is correctly used when a unit suffers from impairment:
IMPAIRED_DESCRIPTION@STATUS_EFFECT
"The unit is Impaired and suffers {impairedDefensePenalty} and {impairedResistancePenalty}."

2) Throw Ice Ball

In BAL_ABILITIES.xml:

DESCRIPTION@THR_IC_B
"Throw ice balls at target enemy unit and can cause the target to be Frozen (9[resistFrost/]). Frozen units cannot take any action (e.g. move, attack, retaliate) for 2[turn+/]."
(superceding THROW_ICE_BALL_DESCRIPTION@ACTIVE_ABILITY_RANGED in Abilities_DLC3.xml)
Suggestion:
"Throw ice balls at target enemy unit and can cause the target to be Frozen (9[resistFrost/]). Frozen units cannot take any action (e.g. move, attack, retaliate) for 2[turn+/] and resist [frost+/] and [fire+/] damage."
cf in Abilities.xml:

Inflict Freezing Cold
INFLICT_FROZEN@ACTIVE_ABILITY
"Melee and ranged attacks can cause the target to be Frozen. Frozen units cannot take any action (e.g. move, attack, retaliate) for {frozenTime} and resist [frost+/] and [fire+/] damage."
(see also Frost Aura)
Freezing Touch
FREEZING_TOUCH_DESCRIPTION@ACTIVE_ABILITY_TOUCH in Abilities.xml:
"Attempts to Freeze target enemy unit. Frozen units cannot take any action (e.g. move, attack, retaliate) for {frozenTime} and resist [frost+/] and [fire+/] damage."
Frozen
FROZEN_DESCRIPTION@STATUS_EFFECT
"This unit cannot take any action (e.g. move, attack, retaliate) and resists [frost+/] and [fire+/] damage."

Note by the way that we still face a minor inconsistency where some active abilities include duration information in their description (Dominate, Stiffen Limbs) and others don't (Cause Fear, Taunt), and some status effects include duration information (Berserk) and others don't (Blinded) (All these examples from BAL_ABILITIES.xml).
I mean, should every active ability description be phrased like:
"Cause/attempt to cause STATUS for X turns. Affected units suffer (...)" or like:
"Cause/attempt to cause STATUS. Affected units suffer (...) for X turns."?
And every status effect be phrased like:
"This unit suffers (...)" or like:
"This unit suffers (...) for X turns."?

3) Cosmic Happenings:
No particular cosmic event, it's the interface text (and notification):

In Cosmic_Happenings.xml:

HAPPENING_DURATION@COSMICHAPPENING
HAPPENING_ROUNDS_LEFT@COSMICHAPPENING
HAPPENING_DURATION_UNTIL@COSMICHAPPENING
replace "round"
with "turn"
Reason: rounds should be reserved for tactical rounds, and GameConcepts_DLC3.xml always uses "Turns" in its Cosmic Happenings entries.

btw:
In GameConcepts_DLC3.xml:

DESCRIPTION@GREATWOLF, @MARCH_TROLL, @DEVINE_PROPHECY, @FIRE_ROGUE, @MACHINES, @NECRO_PROPHECY, @DIRE_PINGUIN
correct "anounched"
by "announced"
Reason: typo (x7!)

4) Sprint:
Iirc, it's the everlasting issue when an active ability's name and description are used in place of a status effect. Moreover, I'm not even sure Immobilized is ever used.

In Abilities.xml:

SPRINT_NAME@MOVEMENT
"Sprint"
SPRINT_DESCRIPTION@MOVEMENT
"The unit is able to Sprint in combat. Sprinting provides an additional {sprintMovementBonus} and enemy Attacks of Opportunity are avoided."
Please check (I don't have the game at hand) that this status effect is used and not the active ability of same name "Sprint" (check description). Al that I remember is that when a unit uses its active ability, it gets two lines on its info panel: "Sprint" (displayed in white) and "Sprint" (displayed in blue).
Moreover, I'd suggest to change SPRINT_NAME@MOVEMENT value with:
"Sprinting" or "Uncatchable" (displayed in blue)

From the old forum:
"Denounce City works on indifferent Dwellings, too. Not only on enemy cities. "
@gladis : without declaring war on them? Seems weird.

"Elementals aren´t affected by: Static Shield, Drained (Thunderstorm), Inflict Daze, Stiffen Limbs, Bard Skills, Rallying Cry, Petrifying Scream, Inflict Curse, Chant of Unlife, Crypt of Unlife and Blinded (Flash Bomb, Flash Bang and Blinding Aura tested)
They can be dazzled (Earth Elemental tested)."
@gladis : not the way to report it. I won't list all the immunities on the ToW. So please report for each thing that needs to be updated to say they're immune.

"Noxious Vulnerability: Incorporeal (Phantasm Warriors) are not affected. "
This is typically a case of lost time. You should have checked in the mod tools (don't say you don't know, it's easy, you spent a lot of time which could have been spent learning the basics of the mod tools) all the exclusions and reported all of them at once. Now we have modified Inflict Noxious Vulnerability twice, dividing by two the speed of update of the descriptions...

EDIT : "Ancient Ancestor (Dwarf Champion Military): The description in the RG table is wrong: Only adjecent dwarves get inspired (Ghouls as well).
The description of Ancient Ancestor in the Tome is correct."
@gladis : I don't get this one. RG3 does say only adjacent units in the RG table?
/EDIT

Reminder: guys, please post only priority stuff, I'm still on p.4 of the old forum, I'll never have time to deal with all the stuff you've posted. The more very low priority stuff you post, the slower the progress.

Last edited:
It might have already been reported but unsure...

1/ Voluntary Union also reduces by half the time needed for Ghoul City (for Necro only of course), not just Absorb

2/ the "Necromancer (skill)" in the ToW should be more precise: the population growth following battles occur in the last settled or ghouled (through Ghoul City) Undead city.

which could have been spent learning the basics of the mod tools) all the exclusions and reported all of them at once. [...]
Reminder: guys, please post only priority stuff, I'm still on p.4 of the old forum, I'll never have time to deal with all the stuff you've posted. The more very low priority stuff you post, the slower the progress.
Hi! By the way, if someone can use a mod tool to review all the abilities and spells in a spreadsheet (exclusions), I think I can then translate this table into proper phrasing in English for in-game descriptions. If not, the game won't be as polished as it could, Gladis and I will still haunt this thread, or we are at risk of burning Hiliadan out.

Last edited:
Dwelling production upgrades

As opposed to city production upgrades (e.g. Barracks), dwelling upgrades that unlock units don't use the following line in the ToW:

TEXT​
UNLOCKS_UNITS​
Unlocks Units:​

I suggest to include it so that any upgrade unlocking unit(s) have the same display in the ToW.

Dwelling_Upgrades.xml

FEY_BUTTERCUP_MEADOW​
Buttercup Meadow​
Unlocks the production of the Buttercup Fairy unit.​
FEY_TOADSTOOL_RINGToadstool RingUnlocks the production of the Toadstool Fairy unit.
FEY_UNICORN_GLADEUnicorn GladeUnlocks the production of the Unicorn unit.
FEY_NIGHTSHADE_HOLLOWNightshade HollowUnlocks the production of the Nightshade Fairy unit.
FEY_NYMPH_PONDNymph PondUnlocks the production of the Nymph unit.
GIANT_BURROWBurrow of the Degenerate ChildrenUnlocks the production of the Ogre
GIANT_MENHIR_OF_GRANITEMenhir of GraniteUnlocks the production of the Stone Giant unit.
GIANT_MENHIR_OF_FIREMenhir of FireUnlocks the production of the Fire Giant unit.
GIANT_MENHIR_OF_FROSTMenhir of FrostUnlocks the production of the Frost Giant unit.
NECRO_GRAVE_FIELDGraveyardUnlocks the production of the Archon Revenant Infantry unit.
NECRO_CHARNEL_HOUSECharnel HouseUnlocks the production of the Archon Revenant Archer unit.
NECRO_BARROWBarrowUnlocks the production of the Archon Revenant Caster unit.
NECRO_HAUNTED_VAULTHaunted VaultUnlocks the production of the Wraith unit.
NECRO_MAUSOLEUMMausoleumUnlocks the production of the Archon Revenant Titan unit.
NECRO_THRONE_OF_BONEThrone of BoneUnlocks the production of the Wraith King unit.
DRAGON_BURROW_OF_FIREBurrow of FireUnlocks the production of the Fire Wyvern unit.
DRAGON_BURROW_OF_FROSTBurrow of FrostUnlocks the production of the Frost Wyvern unit.
DRAGON_BURROW_OF_GOLDBurrow of GoldUnlocks the production of the Gold Wyvern unit.
DRAGON_FIRE_LAIRFire LairUnlocks the production of the Fire Dragon unit.
DRAGON_FROST_LAIRFrost LairUnlocks the production of the Frost Dragon unit.
DRAGON_GOLDEN_LAIRGolden LairUnlocks the production of the Golden Dragon unit.

Dwelling_Upgrades_DLC2.xml

NAGA_POOL​
Hatching Pool​
Unlocks the production of the Baby Reed Serpent unit​
NAGA_SERPENT_HALLSerpent HallUnlocks the production of the Naga Slither unit.
NAGA_VIPER_FORTRESSViper FortressUnlocks the production of the Naga Guardian unit.
NAGA_ALTAR_OF_THE_REPTILEAltar of the Great MotherUnlocks the production of the Naga Matriarch unit.

Dwelling_Upgrades_DLC3.xml

DEEP_SEA_TRENCH​
Deep Sea Trench​
Unlocks the production of the Baby Kraken unit.​
MERMAIDS_COVEMermaid's CoveUnlocks the production of the Mermaid unit.
TREACHEROUS_CLIFFSTreacherous CliffsUnlocks the production of the Lost Mariner unit.
SIRENS_ROCKSiren's RockUnlocks the production of the Siren units.
ABYSSAL_RIDGEAbyssal RidgeUnlocks the production of the Lord of the Deep unit.

Shrines of Unlife

Current description:

SHRINES_OF_UNLIFE​
DESCRIPTION​
Shrines are dedicated to the undead and willing sacrifices. Shrines produce an extra {shrinesofunlifeManaBonus} and {shrinesofunlifePopulationBonus}.​

Suggested description:

SHRINES_OF_UNLIFE​
DESCRIPTION​
Shrines are dedicated to the undead and willing sacrifices. Any shrine in domain produces an extra {shrinesofunlifeManaBonus} and {shrinesofunlifePopulationBonus}.​

Reason:
As already reported, all the "Shrine of..." visit sites in city domain benefit from Shrines of Unlife.
To check: do shrines not in city domain (i.e. in fort domain) get the bonus?

I won't comment on all of Hili's post, I am not into the mod tools. Other players are welcome to investigate it though.
Just one wrong description:
The Research book says that DN's (Flame) Tank only needs the Dreadnought's Foundry to be produced.
But it needs the Blast Furnace like Cannon.

From the old forum:
"Denounce City works on indifferent Dwellings, too. Not only on enemy cities. "
@gladis : without declaring war on them? Seems weird.

No, declare war is needed to cast the spell.

"Elementals aren´t affected by: Static Shield, Drained (Thunderstorm), Inflict Daze, Stiffen Limbs, Bard Skills, Rallying Cry, Petrifying Scream, Inflict Curse, Chant of Unlife, Crypt of Unlife and Blinded (Flash Bomb, Flash Bang and Blinding Aura tested)
They can be dazzled (Earth Elemental tested)."
@gladis : not the way to report it. I won't list all the immunities on the ToW. So please report for each thing that needs to be updated to say they're immune.

Why? - it's a smart report because it saves space compared to listing each ability and state that Elementals are not affected by it...

"Ancient Ancestor (Dwarf Champion Military): The description in the RG table is wrong: Only adjecent dwarves get inspired (Ghouls as well).
The description of Ancient Ancestor in the Tome is correct."
@gladis : I don't get this one. RG3 does say only adjacent units in the RG table?

Yes, exaclty! Note my posts on 22.03.19:
"Inspiring Aura and Aura of Inspiration: See description of „Ancient Ancestor“ - Units get Inspired (+300 Morale). The entry about „Inspired“ is missing.
While in combat, the unit who has the Inspiring Aura gets Inspired as well (description is unclear). All units affected (Machines ), allied units not affected.
Ancient Ancestor (Dwarf RG Military Champion). Firstborn units themselves can´t get Inspired through this ability - (neither they are inherently inspired). Doesn´t stack with Inspiring Aura."

Last edited:
Besides, I doubt that directly changing text files and uploading them on the Balance mod's folder instead of reporting here would be a good solution. There's a need for such a thread, and there's a need for Hiliadan's work of compilation and verification.
We can try and make it easier with screenshots or extracts from text files, and I can't use a mod tool on linux, to check for real dependencies, immunities, and misformed variable values.

Mounted requisite is very unclear.

"Mounted" does not provide Charge. None of the Mounted Archers can Charge for example yet it states it.

Would be interesting with "Charge" on Mounted Archers for example.

20201113161326_1.jpg