Coronation Day Announced for Crusader Kings III

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a true fan, my friends. :)

I don’t think there’s a game that has had me more captivated than Crusader Kings. I remember when CK2 first came out and I’d spend nights on end playing it. This has never changed since and that’s almost ten years ago now. Back then I was just a high school nerd. Now I’m still a medieval history master’s nerd who just handed in his dissertation. Guess about what? The claim on Zeeland by the count of Holland-Hainaut and the count of Flanders and the Treaty of Paris that resulted from it in 1323 ;-)

Pretty sure CK2 contributed to that ambition hehe

• 5Love
Reactions:
Now I’m still a medieval history master’s nerd who just handed in his dissertation.
Congratulations, my man! That is a big one! :)

What's next? Got doctoral ambitions, or do you plan to enter the much overhyped "real world" ?

(I tried that world but do not recommend it. :p )

Reactions:
Congratulations, my man! That is a big one! :)

What's next? Got doctoral ambitions, or do you plan to enter the much overhyped "real world" ?

(I tried that world but do not recommend it. :p )

Aww thanks a lot!

Haha, yup! The dissertation will probably get published once reviewed. And we’re currently in the process of gathering funds in order to conduct research to put together a book about the region and the actors involved. That, together with other publications will contribute to the eventual PhD.

I’m in the real world now. And I hate it. Been in customer service for nearly 7 years. I’ve lost all faith in humanity in the process too... Haha

• 2Like
Reactions:
Aww thanks a lot!

Haha, yup! The dissertation will probably get published once reviewed. And we’re currently in the process of gathering funds in order to conduct research to put together a book about the region and the actors involved. That, together with other publications will contribute to the eventual PhD.

I’m in the real world now. And I hate it. Been in customer service for nearly 7 years. I’ve lost all faith in humanity in the process too... Haha
Hehe, I wrote my bachelor thesis about the Yom Kippur War and my master on the Egyptian Copts 2000-2010 in Norwegians news papers vs missionary organizations' reports. Continued with a year of religion and then pedagogics to become a teacher.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hehe, I wrote my bachelor thesis about the Yom Kippur War and my master on the Egyptian Copts 2000-2010 in Norwegians news papers vs missionary organizations' reports. Continued with a year of religion and then pedagogics to become a teacher.

Love it! If I were to not succeed getting a lecturer’s position, I will probably walk the same path :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Aww thanks a lot!

Nice, best of luck, man! :)

Heh, I can't blame you. I ran that gauntlet myself for a couple of years.

• 1Love
Reactions:
I loved EnterElysium's cutscenes. :D
Yes, but with all due respect and honesty: he could've cut them in half, kept the important ones, made them just a bit longer to cover more things (in place of the constant interuption) and utilized the "side characters" - Harold Hardrada and William - more (minimal character development doesn't do them justice, then again, EnterElysium was only playing from the perspective Harold Godwinson, so I guess that's a point invalidated).

All of this would have vastly improved the quality of his video and likely would have made it ten times more barable to watch for all the community to appreaciate the hard editing-work he had to do to get the video to us viewers in the first place.

My favourite of those videos was One Proud Bavarian's (he's been in the business of roleplaying for years now and he's very good at it) and perhaps Rimmy's (IMHO he struck a good balance of RP and actually enjoyable "cut-scenes") or TheSpiffingBrit's (naturally a charming English fellow, if at times overly intrucive).

Last edited:
Can't wait to see this subforum go from "Unreleased Games" to just "Games"!

Reactions: