• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(23387)

Corporal
Dec 12, 2003
Pplmm proudly presents his brand new version of CORE E3 Mod ! Currently it has been adjusted for the new E3 Map (Europe, Africa and Middle East).

What does "CORE_E3" stand for ? Roughly speaking, it is a mod that will allow you to take advantage of the E3 Map while playing CORE2. Thus it is strongly recommended that you download (and install) both the E3 Map (here) and CORE (http://www.terranova.dk/) beforehand.

Main features:
  • Corrected province.csv file, which means that virtually no provinces with wrong ports exist anymore.
  • Terrain types and areas altered so that they resemble the CORE2 mod ones.
  • Rivers between provinces (separate them not only on the map).
  • New countries added: Free City of Danzig (events scripted), League of Nations and the Holy See (maybe I will use them somehow in the future, possess "invisible" provinces).
  • Some states in Central Africa, Moldova and Macedonia, Trieste, Fiume and Saar can be now set free (JoHo !)
  • (Almost) all events rewritten to fit the E3 Map.
  • New events reflecting changes I have applied (e.g. France deals with Germany to solve the Saar issue).
  • Truly Belarusian leaders, no Nazi generals in non-Nazi Eastern states.
  • The mod works with CORE .4 now !
  • And many, many more.

How to install:
  • Download either CORE2_.4_E3_full.rar or CORE2_.4_E3_no_map.rar (if you have installed the E3 Mod beforehand) and
  • Unpack it into the main directory of the game.
  • Don't forget to patch the mod (this file will be updated successfully, the latest one has been released on October 30, 2009. Please unpack it to the main directory of the mod - e.g. HoI2/mod-CORE).
  • If you don't fancy playing CORE2 .4 visit this website to download the previous version of the mod.

Attention:
Please do report any bugs/mistakes you have noticed. Your contribution to the development of the project will be highly appreciated as you are the true 'betatesters' of the mod.
The next update will be presented to you when it is made, so don't get nervous ('bugfixes' should follow earlier). The rumour about the death of the mod is considerably exaggerated, that's for sure !

And that's how it looks like:
1allriversnowexistineur.jpg

6core2likeareas.jpg

14eventadjustedtoe3mapv.jpg

12daslinienschiffschles.jpg

17brandnewsetofbelarusi.jpg

21johoisback.png

19nowrongportsagainc.jpg

More pictures (and screenshots) available at www.esnips.com/web/coree3pictures.

Last edited:
You should check out our forum for terrain maps (mountains are off in some places - ex: Not in Craiova, Turnu Severin, Turda)

Is this compatible with Arma 1.3?

Yeap.
BUT, if you're using the new 1.3 Arma Beta 2 Patch (here), you should alter your spy_costs.txt file (in db folder) like this (so that the game doesn't use the new spying system):
diplomacy = {
#_HOID_SPY_STEAL_TECH_,
# _HOID_SPY_MINISTER_ASSASSINATION_,
# _HOID_SPY_INCREASE_INTELLIGENCE_FOUNDING_,
# _HOID_SPY_SMEAR_CAMPAIGN_,
# _HOID_SPY_COUP_,
# _HOID_SPY_SABOTAGE_INDUSTRY_,
# _HOID_SPY_NUCLEAR_SABOTAGE_,
# _HOID_SPY_FOUND_PARTISANS_,
# _HOID_SPY_DESTROY_AA_,
# _HOID_SPY_DESTROY_FLEET_BASE_,
# _HOID_SPY_DESTROY_AIR_BASE_,
# _HOID_SPY_MASSMEDIA_,
# _HOID_SPY_DISRUPT_TECHTEAM_,
# _HOID_SPY_CHANGE_MODE_,
# _HOID_SPY_COUNTER_ESPIONAGE_,

#_HOID_SPY_STEAL_TECH_CHANCE,
# _HOID_SPY_MINISTER_ASSASSINATION_CHANCE,
# _HOID_SPY_INCREASE_INTELLIGENCE_FOUNDING_CHANCE,
# _HOID_SPY_SMEAR_CAMPAIGN_CHANCE,
# _HOID_SPY_COUP_CHANCE,
# _HOID_SPY_SABOTAGE_INDUSTRY_CHANCE,
# _HOID_SPY_NUCLEAR_SABOTAGE_CHANCE,
# _HOID_SPY_FOUND_PARTISANS_CHANCE,
# _HOID_SPY_DESTROY_AA_CHANCE,
# _HOID_SPY_DESTROY_FLEET_BASE_CHANCE,
# _HOID_SPY_DESTROY_AIR_BASE_CHANCE,
# _HOID_SPY_MASSMEDIA_CHANCE,
# _HOID_SPY_DISRUPT_TECHTEAM_CHANCE,
# _HOID_SPY_BOUNS this value * the number of spies will be added to the chance to succeed
# _HOID_SPY_COUNTER_ESPIONAGE_CHANCE,
}

You should check out our forum for terrain maps (mountains are off in some places - ex: Not in Craiova, Turnu Severin, Turda)

Could you please enumerate all those provinces you are (really) sure need changing the terrain type ? It would be much easier to follow your advice then. :)

Our terrain map prototype:
Europe-1.png

Your current one.
70f51a5c-f1c9-4e07-828c-73c2e2ba8973

Trust us in this one, yours is quite off.

You could turn some of the marsh provinces in N Germany, S France, Călărași, Novi Sad, and Békécsaba into plains. And Cahul into plains.

Last edited:
And what about Africa ?

Are all the terrain types (or all except newly added/twicked provinces) correct in your "vanilla" province.csv ?

I didn't get a chance to really try out mumia's v0.2, but I think that they aren't, afaik. Provinces have moved around, original relief wasn't really accurate either. We have no proto for Africa now.

Crush3r, a new province.csv file reflecting your ideas awaits your notice at my website (here) ! ;)

The CORE_E3 Mod version with that update is available here.

*Belarus (and mostly Latvia) is the only exception (as for BLR "лясы займаюць 36% тэрыторыі" = >1/3 of BLR is covered with forests). Any arguments against ?

It's good to see our mod becoming a milestone in HOI modification scene.
It's merely a giant leap in the history of mankind, Mr Flatterer. :rolleyes:

The changes are quite extensive, including a complete renumbering of events.

That may pose a little problem, but who knows ? I will see how the new CORE mod will look like and surely I will adapt it somehow to the E3 Map. :cool:

Crush3r, a new province.csv file reflecting your ideas awaits your notice at my website (here) ! ;)

The CORE_E3 Mod version with that update is available here.

*Belarus (and mostly Latvia) is the only exception (as for BLR "лясы займаюць 36% тэрыторыі" = >1/3 of BLR is covered with forests). Any arguments against ?

It's merely a giant leap in the history of mankind, Mr Flatterer. :rolleyes:

Tank you.

The map proto is subject to change, but mostly in forest/marsh coverage, so if you made modifications to Belarus, it's ok.

I waited 20 minutes, the tbl file was created, and it looks good.

3 comments though:
1. Warsaw's image isn't working.
2. Berlin's is too blurry
3. Bucharest - the Palace of the Parliament was completed in 1989. Use an image of the Romanian Athenaeum.

That's impossible, as map and scenario files have to be edited to comply.

Anyway these alpha versions don't add any events.

That's impossible, as map and scenario files have to be edited to comply.

Anyway these alpha versions don't add any events.
I don't really understand what you just said. I see COREmod Hoi2 on E3 map. It's working. So why unmodified hoi2 with this map can't working? I think that integrate map on the normal Hoi2 is easier than into a big complicated mod. Or I'm wrong?