• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well I don't really know, if it appears that this "Kirov" WAS the most importent town in the area maybe it should remain so...but the province really should be removed from the "Kazan" region(by region I mean regions used for air mission targeting purposes).

New patch is now available here.

I'm playing Finland and why are my reserve divisions continuously upgraded? I upgraded them to Reserve '35 and IC needed for modernization was still the same. After few months when I looked on them I discovered that some of them are Reserve '30 again! What's wrong?
Dunno. I am almost certain that none of the files I have altered might have contributed to such an error. I can check it once more if more of you report the same bug.

As Germany when taking over Denmark, Iceland, Greenland and Faroe Islands are considered german provinces. Dunno if that's a CORE issue or if it's map related.
Does it look different in the vanilla CORE ? If so, please comment.

Good point, I'll change Kirov in Kaluga Oblast to somethinng else, maybe Ljudinovo would be a better name?
Indeed Stalin cynically exploited the popularity of a rival he had murdered. I recommend to change the name of the province to Kozel'sk (Ljudinovo is reported to be a village till 1938).

All your other suggestions have been respected. ;)

The terrain still kind of sucks in many areas. There are way too many plains in Russia. Provs 1597(Bryansk: the very name of the same means "in the middle of the deep wood"), 179(Murom), 168(Arzamas), 167(Ivanovo), 177(Yaroslavl),178(Vladimir), 176(Zagorsk), 1536(Syktyvkar), 174(Kalinin), 289(Torzhok), 191(Staraia Russa), 185(Tihvin), 172(Vytegra) and 153(Kirillov) should all be Forests since they are in an area extensively covered with deep woods that are treated as open space ingame. Tambov(156) could be forest too: it was the forests of this region that concealed the rebellous hordes of Antonov-Ovseenko in 1921. Kirishi(287) should be either wood or marsh, certainly not plains. Tiumen(1593) should be forest.
Also Joensuu(149) and Kajaani(136) in Finland could be made woods as well - that's quite logical.

On the other hand I'd recommend making Tchernigov (241) plains due to its strategic location. It was certainly possible to encircle Kiev without getting in those marshes. I hardly see the point of Herson(251) and Melitopol(250) being marshes either. Let Djankoi be marshes to represent Perekop and Sivash and that would be enough. You could add a "maritime" crossing frop Melitopol to Djankoi too(I don't know if its possible to add a province connection), the Reds did it in 1920, the strait crossing malus being adequate to represent a crossing of a 1 meter deep, but large body of water.
Sukhumi(1845) should be at least hills or even moutains.

And about infrastructure I think it simply should be at least halved, maybe even more, to represent the actual terrain in the SU. 50 in Guriev is like a joke.

Tetovo (1169) the little sliver of a province in southern Serbia should be given to Italy or made a Bulgarian national province. Otherwise it remains in German hands among Italian and Bulgarian territory and the AI posts about 30 divisions there.

Suez should be crossable, not ocean.

Ghadames remains Vichy French after Italy takes over the rest of French North Arica.

It is necessary to cut down all connections of Siberia über-province. The AI is unable to go around with it and garrisons it with several dozens of divisions which remain stuck forever.

Tetovo (1169) the little sliver of a province in southern Serbia should be given to Italy or made a Bulgarian national province. Otherwise it remains in German hands among Italian and Bulgarian territory and the AI posts about 30 divisions there.

Suez should be crossable, not ocean.

Ghadames remains Vichy French after Italy takes over the rest of French North Arica.

1. Tetovo was a part of Albania under Italian occupation and it could be taken by Italy via event.

2. Suez has to stay as sea-zone or it won't be possible to sail from the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea. IIRC there is connection between African part of Egypt and Sinai.

3. Province IDs in event of France Vichy proclamation should be fixed.

It is necessary to cut down all connections of Siberia über-province. The AI is unable to go around with it and garrisons it with several dozens of divisions which remain stuck forever.

As Siberian part of Russia is still under construction there might be some unexpected problem. When Asia will be finished there won't be 1 huge province in Siberia and it shouldn't be a problem in future.

As Siberian part of Russia is still under construction there might be some unexpected problem. When Asia will be finished there won't be 1 huge province in Siberia and it shouldn't be a problem in future.

Well honestly I believe that those IDs would be better spent otherwise, anyway it does not make any sense to fight division-scaled combats in these areas. I believe that the whole population of Siberia(I mean the province) is less than the amount of troops the SU placed there in my game...Very few population, almost no roads, no industrial centers: the best way to model Siberia would be to make it one huge province with no connections, so once you get the area around the railroad it automatically reverts to you.

Well honestly I believe that those IDs would be better spent otherwise, anyway it does not make any sense to fight division-scaled combats in these areas. I believe that the whole population of Siberia(I mean the province) is less than the amount of troops the SU placed there in my game...Very few population, almost no roads, no industrial centers: the best way to model Siberia would be to make it one huge province with no connections, so once you get the area around the railroad it automatically reverts to you.

If you want to see how Siberia would look like when Asia will be finished you can see it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/293926215/AzjaE3_-_4.png and tell me what do you think about this version of Siberia, but maybe it's more E3 Mod & E3 Map thing.

1. Tetovo was a part of Albania under Italian occupation and it could be taken by Italy via event.

2. Suez has to stay as sea-zone or it won't be possible to sail from the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea. IIRC there is connection between African part of Egypt and Sinai.

3. Province IDs in event of France Vichy proclamation should be fixed.

When someone holds both sides of the Suez Canal an enemy should not be able to sail through it. It's not that wide. Where is the connection? It didn't show up when I looked.

When someone holds both sides of the Suez Canal an enemy should not be able to sail through it. It's not that wide. Where is the connection? It didn't show up when I looked.

1. OK, but how to do it in game using current HoI2 engine?
2. Yes, there is a connection. Between Al-Arish and Bur Said is a river:
suez.png

All your other suggestions have been respected. ;)

So here are some:

SOV DOWs Germany too often and too early (VII 1940). I suggest to make the event DOW Poland also reduce belligerence otherwise it reaches very high levels very soon, especially after the Winter War and the annexation of the Balitcs.

Suwalki should be transfered via a different event, same with Wilno - surrent solution is OK, but that would be more accurate.
The transition of Wilno to LIT could also give military acess for the SOV if the LIT agrees which it should do very, very often (AI chance 98 % ?).

EST and LAT could also receive such additions - e.g. 'Orzel incident' leading to SOV domination.

I think it can easily be made a gradual process - first military access if the countries aren't allied or at war with majors or larger minors, next is puppeting and finally the annexations.

You've made it with other changes so you will handle those as well, easily. ;)

Another - SOV should receive Legionowo and Ostroleka if they stick to the original R-M Pact. After all the border was supposed to be along San,Vistula and Narew, so with eastern Warsaw in SOV hands.

Also LIT should join the Axis or be puppeted/annexed by GER if this option is chosen - currently it stays neutral which is a problem gamewise.

Finally. Do you mind if I make an adjustment of my pack (BTW - available to download since Saturday) to your mod ?
I am preparing it for my own use, but I think we can both benefit from this arrangement.

Hello, I'm trying to port this mod over to AOD and to E3 map v0.5.

So far it's been easier than I expected, there are still some problems though.
The scenario loads but not before it gives me a warning about unspecified scenario errors. I am assuming this has to do with some province out there not having an owner, and I already found a couple of those far in the pacific, fixed them, but it still gives me that warning and goddamnit I cannot find the cause. Is there some tool out there to automatically check provinces and make sure that they are assigned and no conflicts exist? What other possible reasons could there be for this warning other than some provinces not having owners?

Also there's this curious thing: when the scenario loads, it seems to spawn some empty air corps for most countries for no particular reason I can think of. I've checked the scenario files to make sure that these corps are not in them, and they sure as hell aren't, nonetheless they exist for the first few hours until the player gets a bunch of "air unit completely annihilated" messages and they all go away. Any idea what the cause of these ghost air units might be?