• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can calm you on two counts here:

* The stand-offs in the SCW and in the Low Countries are gone in the latest version (keeping my thumbs crossed for the Belgium hang-up, but haven´t seen it in the last four test runs).
* oil/rare plants will be in a future version

Generally, you all can expect a release candidate "shortly".

Once 0.50 is out I, for one, will certainly have a look at DH. Since Porting CORE to AoD took 8 months of work, I do not think that we will look at a CORE port to DH. The main fear there is different province ids, which means rewriting everthing related to ai and events (taking out single subs or DDs from CORE is peanuts compared to this). But maybe I´ll be pleasantly surprised ...

Hello,

You don't have to use DH map. The game still features HOI2 map (as "DH Light") that you can use for your mod if you don't want the new map.
A comprehensive modding documentation and modding tools come with the game so that converting a mod such as yours should be a matter of minutes, really.
Now of course, taking benefit from all DH features will take more time, but it's just a matter of balancing, you know exactly what I mean. :)
Anyway, I don't like hijacking threads so just feel free to drop us an email at darkest.hour.team@gmail.com if you have any question/inquiry.

Hi Fernando,

There can be no thread-hijacking if you talk about CORE in a CORE thread. :)

I cannot speak for the CORE team, but I for myself will buy DH and take a look as soon as the current CORE workload is over (well, I may take a short expedition to Mount&Blade in between :D).

I did a lot of work for the 1914 mod about 3 years ago, so the WWI scenario alone will draw me in. The old 1897 scenario was my favourite and I really spent some good times there.

So I´ll probably also be in direct contact, but at the moment (on top of a job and a family) I´ll concentrate on finalising CORE 0.50 (which usually "will be finished in two weeks").

Cheers,

T.

I can calm you on two counts here:

* The stand-offs in the SCW and in the Low Countries are gone in the latest version (keeping my thumbs crossed for the Belgium hang-up, but haven´t seen it in the last four test runs).
* oil/rare plants will be in a future version

Generally, you all can expect a release candidate "shortly".

Once 0.50 is out I, for one, will certainly have a look at DH. Since Porting CORE to AoD took 8 months of work, I do not think that we will look at a CORE port to DH. The main fear there is different province ids, which means rewriting everthing related to ai and events (taking out single subs or DDs from CORE is peanuts compared to this). But maybe I´ll be pleasantly surprised ...
I'm pretty sure porting Core to DH would be very easy actually because you don't *have* to use the new map. Darkest hour was designed in porting arma mods in mind.
I totally realize that it wouldn't be worth converting it to the new map (I remember hearing of a CORE for E3 idea kicking around somewhere but yeah) but getting a basic version working should be fairly easy.

Epaminondas said:
Den yez said like industry an stuff an I dint no sorta wat youse wuz gettin at dere but I fort it coodabeen bildin an stuff but I dint real no. So I fort I'd askt yez to laborate, like.

sorry i cant remember talking about IC things?

Wasn´t it something like ships that should only be built in bigger ports? And ships that should be built in specific ports, which should be lost when those ports are captured?

maybe i'm getting it now. well some time ago i spotted some unused entries in

AoD/config/extra_text

HOIPP_SYNTHETIC_OIL;Synthetic Oil plant
HOIPP_D01;Synthetic Material plant
HOIPP_D02;Nuclear Power plant
HOIPP_D03;University
HOIPP_D04;DISP text.csv
HOIPP_D25;DISP text.csv

and thought maybe shipyards could be added somehow (as there already seem to be unis planned?)
anyway maybe open a new thread somewhere else as its OT here.