• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Multiplayer and moddir just don't go together... So if you want to play CORE in multiplayer mode, make a copy of your install, then copy/move all files in the mod-CORE2 folder to the regular game folder.

If you don't mind... can you refer to a proper way to do this? I've tried Copy/Paste and Cut/Paste from the Mod - CORE2 folder to the main directory... and it's not working. A friend and I have tried... multiple times without much success to figure it out. I've been doing most of the leg work when it comes to files and such, but I've come to the point where I've really just kinda' become exasperated. Maybe it's lack of sleep or something or me just having a mental lapse... but if a quick little guide could be given, that'd be much appreciated. Thank you.

Haven't ever tried it myself, but I presume it's as simple as:
1- creating a copy of the AoD directory;
2- copy/paste (or cut/paste) all files from the mod-CORE2 folder into the regular AoD directories (overwriting existing files, if needed);
3- use the normal AoD exe or shortcut to start te game.

Needless to say all MP players should have the same AoD version/patch level.

Yes, those lines in the \db\CORE2_events.txt need to be modified.

And if you install CORE without mod-dir directly into a vanilla installation, the original scenarios will show up. These scenarios also will not and cannot work with CORE.

I host a 3 player networked game.

Are there specific instructions for installing CORE so that it will run networked now?

I really don't care if only the CORE game can be run from that installed folder. What seems to make CORE different and creat a problem is that CORE is not run from the normal game folders but rather from the CORE sub folders which screws up multiplayer.

How is it best to make this happen?

I just don't want to reinvent the wheel here if there is already a procedure of installation that works.

These sub directory mods are ok if you like to try mods and then uninstall them without having to start with a virgin copy of the game in a new folder every time but it don't take more than 10 minutes now adays to do that anymore. It is these sub directory game mods that cause the multi computer network play problems though.

Last edited:
I tried modifying it for multiplayer, but i gave up after several tries. I really like Core, and i'd love to play it in MP, i suppose like many others. (at least i know 4 ppl :) )

Would it be possible to post a MP-Version?

You must have deleted the mod-CORE2 folder. The game will look for events there, so you need to keep it. Or upgrade to 0.61 which should not have this problem.