• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zsar1

Major
52 Badges
Dec 19, 2014
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • King Arthur II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
I compiled a fixpack to make CORE 0.70.7 compatible with AoD 1.10. Get it here.

@Tegetthoff : For integration, I suggest using this as a base and put everything else (esp. Hagar's changes) on top.
Notably, I have merely removed picture references, for which no picture existed.

Also take care to delete the unused files
  • Recall_Gernan_mission_China.bmp
  • Seetakt .bmp
I have provided correctly named copies.

Still getting the same picture errors as before on new game start (China, spanish civil war, lend lease, secondary naval batteries). maybe I need a complete reinstall?

Mmh... might be dropbox acting up? Let me check the file...
- No, file looks good. The changes I made are in place. Could you have accidentally extracted it into the wrong folder?

No chance, it asked me if i wanted to overwrite.

Ahh, I think we have encountered some... unforseen consequences.
- You do not use the CORE Graphics pack, do you? Obviously events whose pictures are in that and not in the basic install would complain then.

I did not consider this previously... this might be bad...

I got the B&W graphics pack, yes. Maybe I did the wrong install order? Can't remember if I installed CORE after your fix pack or before, my money is on after though.

Mmh. Well, yes, the order is important. You should install:
  1. CORE 0.70.7
  2. Core B&W Graphics 0.70
  3. CORE2 0.70.7 Compatibility Fixes for AoD 1.10
It does not appear sensible to try and fix something that does not exist.

Must have remembered wrong, did a full reinstall and now no problems. Sorry for the false alarm...

Is AoD 1.10 really worth the trouble of switching to from 1.08 for CORE at this time?

I am still playing AoD 1.08 CORE 20.70.7 for my 3-player human networked game of CORE.

Likely this if a AoD 1.10 question , but does AoD 1.10 even attempt to fix the carrier war realism problems associated with the diminishing returns affect with CV's in 1.08 and all previous versions of the game ? I realize that most people never play USA or Japan so CV warfare is invisible and they do not see this as a problem but I do and it is a realism problem connected specifically with carrier engagements.

If somebody listening to this does not play as a CV naval power, then you will not likely understand the question (as the creators of 1.08 never understood it or perhaps were too uninformed to care)..

Last edited:
Well, of course the release of a new version does in no way have to coincide with the adoption of a new version by the players.
But it usually does coincide with the release of a public and accumulated changelog for the new version, which then allows every player to make an informed decision about whether to upgrade or not.

... I myself of course would like to encourage upgrading, if only because I can actually support and improve issues creeping up on 1.10, whereas I cannot do so for 1.08.
But that is admittedly not a gameplay and therefore not a player's reason.

Ugh, that looks so Microsoft, but it's true. I have not yet adopted Windows 10, incidentally: Do what is most convenient to you.

You have answered my question. Thanks! I will stay will 1.08 for now.

I have to make a number of changes to CORE for my 3 player games for game play and balance reasons and every new change in a core version or AOD version causes me a whole lot of grief that is only worth it if a significant improvement is made.