• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since Dec can´t post here for some reason, I can give you his response to the "horses on parachutes" issue:

"On a different note I have looked at the attachment issue for PAR units. IMO having CAV as an authorized attachment is viable in the sense it represents infantry equiped with light motorized vehicles such as jeeps and motorcycles. There is historical precedent for partially motorizing airborne formations during the period so I think it is appropriate."

So, in spite of all the banter about horses being dropped from planes, there is some serious thought behind the modelling and that´s the way it shall stay.

Good but make sure that attachment tiers that are directly related to horses aren't possible to be attached to airborne units. By that I mean that jeeps and motorcycles need to be researched first before such an attachment can be attached to airborne. Possible to code?

Tegetthoff,
may I ask if there have been some major changes in province.csv between 0.5 and 0.6 or if such changes are planned? If there are some corrections it does not matter, but it would be helpful to know if there has been a major overhaul.

Hi Amallric,

Let me make this the May 21, 2012 Dev Diary

There is in fact one last large step to do for 0.60 and that is a new province.csv.

Let me first tell you what happened so far in province.csv:

It really started with our look at the Barbarossa rebalancing. Once we managed to get Germany out of its permanent stall, they rolled over the Soviet Union without problems. We found the reason in the catpure of the Ukrainian (Donbass) coal fields, which caused the Soviet economy to collapse (which it almost did in real lif). We looked at the problem and found that the coal fields were at least 3 provinces too far West and relocated them to the proper place. We then looked at the other sources of Soviet coal production, which caused shifts in many other locations (and events to model the desperate attempts of the Soviets to replace the lost Don coal fields).

Add to this a hard look at the dam building events and a re-assessment of how many kWH hydrpower an energy point really represents, a shifting around of IC and MP in Germany and suddenly we arrived at the point where Historyman volunteered to revisit his enormous data base which forms the basis of our province.csv.

This information should come along within the next couple of days. It will be a complete and detailed re-assessment of where in the world what resources are, based on what we have learned since this was first done. As far as we can say, it will also involve a roughly 10% IC upgrade around the world, without a corresponding resource upgrade to generate more shortages.

I expect/hope to have the internal 0.60.12 version by the end of the week, containing Historyman´s input and the final AI rewrite from Dec (plus "a lot of other material" he announced).

Hagar has come back in force and transmitted a lot of graphics over the last four days, partly inspired by Hister´s Japan AAR, where missing events pics etc. become apparent.

I have tinkered here and there, for example hopefully finally fixing the Yugoslavian Pact of Steel events. They never fired during the last couple of iterations and thus messed up the whole Barbarossa sequence.

So my expectation and hope is that 0.60.13 will be the open Beta. Whatever we put into 0.60.12 will need a lot of testing and fine-tuning. There are still some issues with the correct build orders, and hopefully this will come along with the new province.csv.

May 30, 2012 Dev Diary

Ok, 0.60.12 is out internally and we are quite a few steps ahead.

* The tech rewrite is complete, now all nations have a build and research AI that makes them undestand the new tech setup. Kudos to Dec who did this major piece of work
* Hagar completed the unit illustrations for the complete naval pack. Since the largest reshuffle of models was in the naval area, this also moves us much closer to a polished and finalised set
* Hagar also started work on land units and the two largest changes (armored cars and self-propelled artillery) are completed
* Add to this dozens of TT pics and event pics that are continuosly replaced and upgraded
* We are continuously fixing small bugs and spelling errors
* We went for a slightly less ambitious modification to the province.csv than announced - but IC is up by 10% without collapsing any economies. I fine-tuned this some more yesterday
* Dec included a large number of aircraft purchase and ship re-activation events, mainly for Scandinavia, originally written by skipskip (and we have event pics for most of them)
* I hope that I finally managed to fix the vanilla Yugoslavian pact of steel events, which broke the Barbarossa campaign

We are now moving on to some misc.txt changes and fine-tuning of the AI. There is still a lot of work to do, but an open Beta may be not too far off.

May 30, 2012 Dev Diary

Ok, 0.60.12 is out internally and we are quite a few steps ahead.

* The tech rewrite is complete, now all nations have a build and research AI that makes them undestand the new tech setup. Kudos to Dec who did this major piece of work
* Hagar completed the unit illustrations for the complete naval pack. Since the largest reshuffle of models was in the naval area, this also moves us much closer to a polished and finalised set
* Hagar also started work on land units and the two largest changes (armored cars and self-propelled artillery) are completed
* Add to this dozens of TT pics and event pics that are continuosly replaced and upgraded
* We are continuously fixing small bugs and spelling errors
* We went for a slightly less ambitious modification to the province.csv than announced - but IC is up by 10% without collapsing any economies. I fine-tuned this some more yesterday
* Dec included a large number of aircraft purchase and ship re-activation events, mainly for Scandinavia, originally written by skipskip (and we have event pics for most of them)
* I hope that I finally managed to fix the vanilla Yugoslavian pact of steel events, which broke the Barbarossa campaign

We are now moving on to some misc.txt changes and fine-tuning of the AI. There is still a lot of work to do, but an open Beta may be not too far off.

Good to hear. Looking forward to trying out the beta!

Well, I´m on the train to Vienna at the moment so you could try and find me on Westbahnhof, but thankfully I post now photos of myself here ...

Beta, I think is close.

Dec has announced that he is off for a three-week holiday with reduced connectivity and we are really reaching the stage we need mass input for bug finding. There are a couple of balance issues that bug us, but this will take time and why not let you all play with the Beta.

Give us the long weekend, we´ll see then.

Cheers,

T.

June 10, 2012 Dev Diary

Version 0.60.14, which will be the open Beta, has been uploaded on the Beta Tester Forum of Terranova. We will now see whether there are any installer problems, in other words whether I have messed things up at some point. If nothing negative pops up, watch out here for the open Beta soon.

I guess seven minutes wait was worth it :) ...

Agonizing, but now I know what I'll be doing this evening! Think I'll start a USA game and see how the Pacific theater works out.