• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It´s Feb 1936 and UK tries to launch a smear campaign against NatSpain :confused:
Not inconceivable given CORE's setup. To facilitate later game development Nationalist Spain begins the game as a present but inactive nation - kind of a nation in waiting. I rationalise it as an identifiable array of factions and interests in the process of coalescing to form a revolutionary movement. The smear campaign can then be seen as a UK propaganda weapon designed to stall that movement in it's tracks (though it won't).

Am I correct to say the Cossacks are wholly ignored in the Waffen-SS events? Or because it initially wasn't a Waffen-SS unit? I guess same goes for Spanish "Blue Division", Kalmykians and Indians?

As far as I recall, all the units represented in the SS events are ones that achieved divisional status. I don't think that the Cossack elements ever managed that, nor the Kalmuks(?), nor the Indians. Though the Blue Division was indeed a division, I believe it remained a volunteer formation within the Spanish national army and was never incorporated into the SS.

Ok, here's the status of my latest game as Germany (latest save 9-1-39).

SCW went off without a hitch - Nationalists won sometime in spring of '37.

Anschluss events went off fine also.

Haven't really paid much attention to the Orient so far, just know that Nat. Chi has annexed several of the warlords.

Now for the odd stuff. Used Hungary and Poland's claims to help with Sudetenland, but they were refused. I ended up having to goto war with Czech. About 1 or 2 days into the war the UK declared war on me, quickly leading to a stalemate on the French border. I finished off Czech and then blitzed through BeNeLux and into western France. End result, Vichy was established in early '39. Meanwhile, SU attacks and annexes Estonia and Latvia. Italy has attacked and annexed Albania and is at war with Greece.

Naval war is horrible, lost almost all my subs (set up in wolfpacks of 3) by the beginning of '39. (Hopefully subs are unNerfed by the time the next official patch is released).

Played through to Sept. 1. No MR pact, therefore no war with Poland. Considering leaving Poland alone as a buffer with SU while I try to conquer Scandanavia.

As far as I recall, all the units represented in the SS events are ones that achieved divisional status. I don't think that the Cossack elements ever managed that, nor the Kalmuks(?), nor the Indians. Though the Blue Division was indeed a division, I believe it remained a volunteer formation within the Spanish national army and was never incorporated into the SS.

The 1st Cossack Division was a full cavalry division if I am correct. But only part of the Waffen-SS later in the war. The Kalmykians were 5.000 men strong. And you are right about the Blue Division, only after Franco ordered their retreat several joined German Army units as well as Waffen-SS.

Not inconceivable given CORE's setup. To facilitate later game development Nationalist Spain begins the game as a present but inactive nation - kind of a nation in waiting. I rationalise it as an identifiable array of factions and interests in the process of coalescing to form a revolutionary movement. The smear campaign can then be seen as a UK propaganda weapon designed to stall that movement in it's tracks (though it won't).

A less rationalisable situation is the exploit that consists to guarantee the independance of Nationalist Spain to get a free interventionism move when Republican Spain declares war on it. :D

Naval war is horrible, lost almost all my subs (set up in wolfpacks of 3) by the beginning of '39. (Hopefully subs are unNerfed by the time the next official patch is released).
It certainly is getting it's fair share of attention, that I can assure you. :)

Do you have any ideas about improving subs fighting alone or in small groups while lowering their efficiency in large groups? Currently sending them as lone hunters, which is historical, equals to suicide.

To keep you guys posted:

The dev team and the betas are already running a 1.06b3 compliant 0.50.20 version.

If nothing serious crops up, we´ll post it over here as Beta 4 within a day or two.

Teg

Nationalist China crashes when the Xian incident event fires, but only if nat.china is human.
Tchekoslovakia has not enough IC to maintain its starting army, which maybe explains partially its problems.

OOps, I resurrected an old thread - moving this to "Announcing CORE"