• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You do have installed one of the two CORE graphics packs installed, or not? If so, which country are you playing?
Which models then? Germany should be fine graphics wise AFAIK.

Suspiciously sounds like a faulty install then. Could you verify how many images are in the mode-CORE2\gfx\interface\models directory? Should be a couple of thousand...

just started playing this mod and i got a quick question -i just installed skif icons and my infantry and tanks units etc have graphics but my landswehr and cavalry dont? by the time i research 39 infantry etc will they have graphics or will they only have those boxes with lines through them?

Well, I uninstalled CORE for now, but there were a couple thousand. Was I suppose to install GIP in the CORE folder or in the Reg. Aod?
Regular AoD, as we have a different model setup.

just started playing this mod and i got a quick question -i just installed skif icons and my infantry and tanks units etc have graphics but my landswehr and cavalry dont? by the time i research 39 infantry etc will they have graphics or will they only have those boxes with lines through them?
Well due to our different model setup you need the SKIF icons that are adapted to CORE:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?474994-SKIF-and-CORE

Quick feedback

In general my Japanese game is going fine though German Raiders are invincible.

I defeated China by 1940. Took longest in HoI ever.

In 1941 Jul I found the biggest game breaking bug yet: The Germans didnt defeat Belgium yet. They have Vallonie (The area south of the river) however allies hold firm the area to the north. Other than some air action nothing is happening on the front though the germans look significantly stronger, and allies front stands of plain...

Other semi bug is that though Oil embargo fired and I keep on building some industry (and mostly infr) I am not starving on any resource. On oil and especially money I am making surplus. (The later is more like I occupied 50k from china I guess and invest none into that area but still above 90k reserve.)

Will I be forced into war? I am kind of satisfied with my current conquests, though Allies far outproduce me, I have the feeling the later I enter the war it is the better for me.

German stalling

I found the root cause to the german stall: They ran out of manpower. As soon I gave them some by cheating they immediatly went to attack and broke through successfully. (no matter of the season)

On the other hand they are totally defenseless against English strategic bombing....

Ok, I've installed GIP into the Reg. folder and CORE + the Color pack afterwards. All the tech teams are in color and ministers too, but is it ok to have some of the models in black and white. For example, German Infantry 35 are in B&W, but the following infantry models are in color.

how do you fix the manpower problem? i'm unfamiliar with the tweaking of the events. how much extra mp did you give? also, whats the ratio of regular to reserve infantry do you build? 1 reserve for every 3 regular?

Ok, I've installed GIP into the Reg. folder and CORE + the Color pack afterwards. All the tech teams are in color and ministers too, but is it ok to have some of the models in black and white. For example, German Infantry 35 are in B&W, but the following infantry models are in color.
WAD. It's pretty hard to find German infantry imagery in color wearing old-style helmets...

how do you fix the manpower problem? i'm unfamiliar with the tweaking of the events. how much extra mp did you give? also, whats the ratio of regular to reserve infantry do you build? 1 reserve for every 3 regular?

You could just add
command = { type = manpowerpool value = 500 }
for example in an event that happens to Germany before the war or early in the war. You could also just change a number in an event that already gives manpower (for example Anschluss). Just look into the files, it's very easy.

I don't build reserve at all when playing a major power. for most of them manpower is a larger problem than IC.

Playing as USA I´ve got a social liberal government. Why do I get stalinist ministers whenever an event (death/accident) changes them?

Similar to this as the UK I can get labour ministers as the pre-war conservative government in 1937. Can't imagine Ernie Bevin being made foreign secretary in 1937.

some of these ideologies for ministers (in certain ministries) are compatible to other ideologies in HoI while they shouldnt in RL. iirc SC is basically compatible to an NS/FA govt (at least for the intel ministry); maybe toy around with the ideologies in the ministers CSVs to make them dissapear.

I think also when a minister dies they try to replace him with the ideologically closest existing alternative. If your minister dies and there are only stalinists and right-wing politicians left, maybe they pick the stalinist up. However how exactly is a minister chosen for replacement I don't know.

GER already gets 880 manpower while they mobilize in preparation to attack POL. I have no idea how they could use this up in 8 months.

Only thing I can think of is that MP costs are deducted at the start of a serial run of builds, IIRC, so maybe the AI starts some insane series of INF builds or something ? Does seem odd !

Tim