• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tegetthoff

General
14 Badges
Apr 14, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
CORE 0.50 for Arsenal of Democracy (0.50.20)

This version will work with AoD 1.06b3 patch - and only with this patch
(but with and without the hotfix)

It is designed to be played on normal / normal

Download the mod here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20147510/CORE2_0_5_0_20.exe

Checksum is JDGP without the hotfix
Checksum is UYJP with the hotfix

Changelog:

Code:
Mantis issues:
1737: Bitter Peace (Memel) and (Iraq at war with SPA)
1738: world_names.csv adapted
1739: EAA text for "Commission the Hiryu"

ai:
GER invasion Ai
distance = 0.1, max_distance = 20.0 throughout
Second German submarine gearing event (20071) fires at 200 subs instead of 150
Moved sov (1936) build ai 4 points to land build (3 from air and 1 from naval)

units:
submarines: 
visbility adjusted down to values suggested by Dec152000 on Terranova
Coastal: 1.00
IW LR: 2.50
IW MR: 1.75
B LR: 2.25
B MR: 1.50
I LR: 2.00
I MR: 1.25
A LR: 1.75
A MR: 1.00
SM LR: 1.50
All submarine sea defence up 25%

destroyers:
--

carriers:
intrinsic sub detection capability reduced by 50% for all CV types 
intrinsic sub detection capability reduced by 50% for all CVL types 
CAG:
sub detection cabability reduced 50% for 1930 CAGs
sub detection cabability reduced 40% for 1936 and 1938 CAGs
sub detection cabability reduced 30% for 1940 and 1942 CAGs
sub detection cabability reduced 20% for later CAGs

Tech:
--

events:
commented out Republican Spain "The Cause seems Lost" change_allegiance lines due to possible CTDs. (probably can move it back in with 1.06b3?)
International brigades removed without check for their existance
Increased cost of Burma Road / Haiphong RR trades for China
Moved events 960 and 961 (Burma road open / close) from cored_hoi2.txt to core_kuomintang.txt and renamed them 480125 and 480126
Corrected all references to 960 and 961
Added money cost to China industry move events

misc.txt:
IC from manpower
back to 0.01 from 0.02
# _CV_NAVAL_MIN_COMBAT_TIME, minimum combat time before retreat possible (prevent bouncing) | DO NOT CHANGE to less then 8 (wyk)
	4.0 # was 8 in 0.50.19

National ideas:
changed tech level effect so low tech countries do not get such a large mil. salary bonus
Industrialised nations get an increase of 20%, semis are at 0, other are -10, -20, -30%
Added reduced money production for PI, AGRI and SUBS nations

Migrated to 1.06b3

Installer:
Rewrote installation_procedure.txt to fit with 0.50 and AoD

-> CORE 0.50.20 for AoD

Graphics packs (separate download):
CORE 0.4.9 Black & White graphics pack (137MB) - if needed rename into .exe
CORE in Color graphics pack for CORE2 0.4.9 (170 MB) - if needed rename into .exe

And of course, the current version of Hagar´s travel guide:
"Download the CORE travel guide version 2.0, march 1st, 2011

Enjoy!

Last edited:
So what did we hope to achieve with this version:

More rebalancing to the sub war. You can see the details in the changelog. A big issue cropped up at the last moment when I compared the 1.06b3 and 1.06b2 misc.txt: Minimum naval combat duration was set to 8 hours and is now reduced to 4.

Interestingly, B-L state "never set below 8" in the misc.txt command line and then set it to 1.0 in vanilla.

Some economic rebalancing. Several people have commented in the huge amount of cash China gets - which ultimately goes to Japan, especially if there is a human player Japan. Of course this is just the tip of the iceberg.

So here we see new values for money from undrafted manpower, military salaries and money production, the last two depending on development level.

On top of this, several bug fixes, many of them reportes here by you - so keep up the good work!

Note:

I have not tested it but I see no reason why this should not work with the official 1.06 patch release.

Courageous souls, please post your experience here!

thanks for the new version.
also have IYEO with the 1.06 final, will try to play a game tomorrow.

EDIT:
tried a game as GER, one thing I've noticed: the first Fighter model name now says: 1938-era multirole fighter, I don't remember if the previous version of CORE had a historical name for this model but I'm almost sure it did.(it's also showing the default icon)

Last edited:
Will work with 1.06 final patch ?

Apparently not as I get a blank tech tree
Seems to work fine... Did you actually click a tree you want to research on, as initially the screen is indeed blank?

Can any CORE dev try and go for a fresh install?

I remember that I made one error while building the installer and corrected it (or thought so) This might mean that somebody with a fresh install would have problems and somebody who just installs 0.50.20 over an existing install would have no problem.

Reverse solution:

Anybody experiencing problems please install the Beta3 (0.50.19) and then install the Beta 4 over it. Does this solve you problems?

Note: do not attempt to start 1.06 final with the Beta 3, it will crash.

Note2: we have had 120 downloads so far (plus 9 devs and betas from Terranova), so most people seem do have no problem

Note2: we have had 120 downloads so far (plus 9 devs and betas from Terranova), so most people seem do have no problem

Yeah, I've downloaded the game, the latest patch, and the CORE files... Everything works fine - at least, the tech stuff is there.

BTW, great work on the CORE travel guide, Hagar, it's a very nice touch!

Can any CORE dev try and go for a fresh install?

I remember that I made one error while building the installer and corrected it (or thought so) This might mean that somebody with a fresh install would have problems and somebody who just installs 0.50.20 over an existing install would have no problem.

Reverse solution:

Anybody experiencing problems please install the Beta3 (0.50.19) and then install the Beta 4 over it. Does this solve you problems?

Note: do not attempt to start 1.06 final with the Beta 3, it will crash.

Not a DEV but I did a complete fresh install last night, AOD, 1.6B3, CORE 0.50.20 and had no problems, made it to late 1938 but had to go to bed.

while playing JAP I noticed there are 2 cruiser fire control attachments, one with JAP in front of it one without. the one without is showing an unknown string wanted message, see screenshot:
screensave0m.jpg
Hrmpf - this brigade should not be producible at all. If we can't fix it the usual way (by setting all brigades of this type to obsolete status) we may need to find a workaround (use the standard firecontrol brigades for JAP cruisers but give them org, morale and/or combat tactic boosts.

No negative reports so far. Personally, I will not upgrade to 1.06 until the new IC problems are solved.

But from a technical standpoint, both 1.06b3 and 1.06 final should work.

CORE replaces so many files that only a change to misc.txt would really throw us off, but there are no such changes between 1.06b3 and 1.06final.

169 downloads so far on 0.50.20.

Great work Teg! My handsoff games have run very smoothly and the AI has been quite good. No CTDs as far as I can see so far. I'll try and report on the Terranova forum this weekend but I have my kids this weekend so I have my hands full!

Can anybody give feedback on the sub war? This was the main area of changes for 0.50.20.

haven't tried a GER game but some observations from my JAP game:
germany seems to be having trouble launching barbarossa in 41, this happened in a few games, GER declares war on YUG(and later Greece) around april/may'41 and isn't done in time for a june barbarossa launch and so the AI waits a full year to declare war on the USSR.

in the pacific the AI is keeping damaged fleets in port way too long. at the start of the war(end 41) the US quickly deploys it's carriers but after the first few engagements they sustain damage and they have not been out of port since, it's now june 43. one carrier fleet is stationed at Guam, which is a level 1 naval base, it has one Hcruiser at 37% strength(rest is over 70) so repairing that one ship is probably keeping the entire fleet in port.

one last thing: something is wrong with the pic of Wendell Willkie:

Last edited: