• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EDIT: Gonna play Italy tomorrow (free day and lotsa time), but I have a question: is there a switch sides event in case the allies approach the Italian mainland?
Yup. Provided Italy chooses to fold... That's usually the case, but it might decide to fight on.

SCW has ended in three games as early as 1937. So far I haven´t seen a stalemate there. The terminator AI seems to concentrate the troops. Therefore the losing side is able to temporarily conquer some provinces but quickly falters afterwards.

I think org regain is way too fast right now. I've seen values like +18 points/day with Germany in 1940. Maybe related to the increased infrastructure which leads to an enormous ESE.

some more observations from my GER game:
its july 43
I was curious to see how the US was building up, they had been at war since dec 41, so I had a look:
20! battleship orders
a lot AA in strange places(Dallas, Des Moines, Omaha for instance)
and only 3 INF and some ARMs were being produced.
total army size: 57 INF and 14 ARM no MAR or PAR.

seems to me that the US should be building way more ground units and just be building CVs and screens. the US already has 22 battleships, JAP has 6, I have none.

also there seems to be a large number of US ships stuck, they have missions but are not moving, when trying to move them anywhere it else gives you an out of range message, see pic below:

one other small thing:
in the weather map mode, a few provinces in Persia are showing an Unknown string in the tool tip:

Ok so much for Italy, I kinda forgot how boring it is to play the campaign against the United Kingdom in Sudan, Ethiopia and further down south. Not my thing.

Some observations:

There is a wrong word choice in the description of the air base. It says "the more units it can effectiveness supply".
On February 26 1937 I saw France change its AI to "AI Germany at war" ?
There's a province of Spain without a name:
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2089/screensave0w.png

There is no event to declare war on Albania? I didn't get it. So I suppose Italy just declares war as a computer.
Something very daring: at the beginning of the war of Germany against the allies German bombers flew all the way over metropolitan France to attack Corsica. I didn't know there were fanatic Waffen-SS air units ;-)

Be so kind, negotiate only for this province and find out which one changes colour. Impossible to fix otherwise.

Be so kind, negotiate only for this province and find out which one changes colour. Impossible to fix otherwise.

I couldn't figure out, besides I have overwritten the autosave. The reason I didn't figure it out is because I forgot to look which provinces of annexed Republican I held or which ones were Nationalist Spain (annexed both). But I will look into it.

Haven't you guys renamed some provinces? That could be the problem, I saw Lech was renamed.

EDIT:
I think I know why: I declared war on Republican Spain playing a random dictatorship (Poland), and then used the acceptall cheat to see if I can get that province. But it doesn't exist in the case of Rep. Spain. Therefore I believe it's the offmap province of Nationalist Spain. But no, when declaring war on the Holy See, you do not see a province. Also when declaring war on the dormant Nationalist Spain you do not see a province either. Damnit.

Last edited:
But no, when declaring war on the Holy See, you do not see a province. Also when declaring war on the dormant Nationalist Spain you do not see a province either.

Bah no, that's normal, they have only this province and therefore can't give it to you...

Events that should be improved:
- Iraq coup event, I've got the same issue, if the Allies are in a separate war with some other country, Iraq can't join the axis.
- US Joining the allies event 830087, should be rewritten in a way that the US joins the Allies(and not the UK itself), the trigger should be rewritten in this way too. Being FORCED to join the alliance of a rump, fascist British state under Oswald Mosley is a very displeasant experience.

Bah no, that's normal, they have only this province and therefore can't give it to you...

Oops, how obvious.

Also is there a reason why Vichy France does not get cores on the whole France?

I don't belong to the CORE development team (just a fan) but I guess everyone just sees Vichy as an entity not to last. It will gradually lose its posessions to Free France or forced to give up what little independence it has to Axis interference. However does the Italian occupation of parts of Vichy ever happen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:France_map_Lambert-93_with_regions_and_departments-occupation.svg This map should give an idea on the maximum extent of Vichy's territorial claims.

I just had a weird game:

Playing USA (meh..., not the most exciting) from 1936-1940 I had little manpower so I dedicated what little I had to constructing fighter airplanes and interceptors for the future Battle of the German sky, it would never happen. Japan declared war but I just allowed them to capture what islands I had for my focus was on Europe: Italy had 30+ divisions in Libya but didn't try to invade British Egypt, thus the Vichy provinces of Syria and Lebanon would never be at war with the allies (one could theorize the Free French would have occupied them either way, if it wasn't just to show the Francophile population of Lebanon the French were still a powerful force). Lacking any offensive desires, the Italians built an impressive defensive line and 18 American divisions wouldn't be powerful enough to break through.

Instead I focussed on the Italian mainland and I had a swift occupation. The German didn't seem to bother* until I reached the outskirts of Venice. I tried invading Austria but to be honest the American land forces are no match to the German defenses in the winter of 1942. *It seems strange the Germans didn't rush to Italy while the bulk of the Italian army was stuck in Libya. The Soviet-German pact never happened, leaving Germany to occupy all of Poland in the September campaign. Germany didn't invade Yugoslavia and so far (January 1942) hasn't attacked the USSR.

I used the nofog cheat to check the airforce build-up of the Soviets: around 50 squadrons in 1940, in 1942 a whopping 102 including 42 interceptors and 29 CAS.

--

I would like to give my compliments to the creators of CORE, for every mistake there is numerous of great stuff. But just posting about everything that works won't improve the game. Anyway, I'm still enjoying this Beta and hope my feedback is of some value.

screensave0.png

All these armored divisions moving south to the Austro-Italian border, and I have none...

Last edited:
Unfortunately, defending allied territory is not high on the AIs agenda and it cannot be told to do so. If you play Japan, you will notice that we had to fix divisions on the Soviet border of Manchukuo because there is no way the Japan AI could be told to keep them there.

I´ll take your information regarding Soviet air strength and reduce the air build AI a couple of points.

hello.

i'm unsure if this is also affecting CORE but i do think so (possible AOD 1.05 bug).

the german leader with the ID 1 (Abraham) was showing up regularly in SPA and not in GER.
i didnt discover this with CORE but vanilla AoD (1.05) but i do think its a bug (thus affecting your mod as well) - however if you guive this guy an incredibly high ID number that bug is solved (just in case you have it as well - i think so as i have a feeling that its related to the ID number of that leader (1) and not one of my mistakes.

rzymianin25 said:
Please, more colour graphic.

maybe add yourself? http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?457925-colour-pictures

Can everybody who is running / testing the Beta 3 (0.50.19) confirm that the version is running smoothly and without CTDs? I am experiencing problems with the changes introduced for 0.50.20 and would like to confirm that 0.50.19 is a solid base.

Thanks for your help,

T.

No CTDs here.

I had quite a crazy game. Played the Soviet Union, made a deal with Germany to partition Poland, all went smoothly. Then the Winter war started and Sweden decided to help out Finland! I decided to annex Finland and Sweden all together.

Then Germany attacked quite suddenly, and started invading the Ukraine. I saw a heroic standoff in Brest Litovsk by 3 Mongolian divisions and 1 Tanna Tuvan division (my only four divisions at the German border), who held out for days but were completely desroyed. I rushed divisions back to prepare a defensive line: Kiev was already taken and Minsk was under direct threat.

I pushed back the Germans, but throughout this early patriotic war the Allies got no further than occupying Freiburg. The war was very heavy and I must say the German AI is pretty ok (they constantly attack divisions of mine which are at the time attacking another province). Somewhere in 1941 Italy decided to join the Axis, and it eventually was split between me and the Allies.

At the beginning of 1942 I started to "liberate" other countries: I launched a campaign against the Balkan countries, against Denmark (puppeted them and succesfully demanded Greenland), Iran, Turkey, Afghanistan and Sianking and even Belgium. What surprises me the Allies did absolutely nothing to prevent this as they were at war with Portugal (who joined Greece, which at some point was leader of the Axis). They allowed me to spread Communism where ever I wanted it to be spread.

The Allies were unable to occupy Portugal because they just took over the colonies, went into Lisbon and that's it (other key provinces weren't taken, and sometimes they would take out all forces from Lisbon).

On January 1944, with 88 belligerence points, the USA declared war on me without the Allies.