• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mine was also D2D - but with XP not Win7. I guess maybe that's the reason your path ends with a colon; I don't have that at all.
I think I've read somewhere that Win7 is touchy about accessing Program files, so maybe a new install outside of those might work.

A few disturbing problems from my CORE 0,49/Arsenal 1,02 USA game... in random order:

1) After "negotiate with Darlan" event I sent Patton to conquer Algeria and Tunisia. He did his job and then I started to concetrate large armies in Africa, for future invasion of Italy. When Vichy joined the Axis later on, they started getting back random African provinces - even those, where I have my forces deployed, which is quite annoying, especially if it happens in provinces where I have my aircrafts :/ there is no event, and no Vichy armies action - it sometimes happens to Saharan provinces without coastline. What can I do :/? Right now the only answer I see is sending a few fast units for constant tours through African desert :>

2) With all great changes to naval warfare - lots of potential, best I've seen in any mod - the only way to really dispose of enemy fleets is still to corner them in some port and send waves of naval planes. After ca 1,5 year of war and many naval engegements with relatively large fleets I managed to destroy 1 CVL, 1 CA and some lesser vessels (with similar losses). The only exception are subs - lots and lots of u-boats and Japanese subs were destroyed, maybe too many. On the other hand, my subs sail the Japanese waters largely unopposed. And German auxiliares are probably the best ships available - capable of destroying entire American fleets (with CV, BB and stuff), given enough time, with no damage to themselves.

3) For some reason infantry (marines, mountains...) units with towed artillery attachements get "no oil" status, and it's not lack of resources - I play the US. It's a serious problem, since they're really slow anyway.

4) "for some reason the event Canada's RCAF modernization event, inquire about purch of the PVYs keeps repeating after it was done" - yeah, though it's not such a big problem

5) Totally ineffective convoy riding... I don't know why Germans bother, probably to give me a chance to destroy their subs (and destroy entire US Navy with AUX ;)

6) I had to help Germans with extra oil and rares (edit save)... they were out of resources by 1942 and unable to effectivelly fight Soviets. The game was largely historical to this point, so it wasn't realistic, that lack of oil paralized Wehrmacht at this point.

But anyway - a whole new great experience playing my favourite game :)

4) "for some reason the event Canada's RCAF modernization event, inquire about purch of the PVYs keeps repeating after it was done" - yeah, though it's not such a big problem
Should be fixed for the next version.

I think that problem with towed artillery is quite serious, since it can really slow down armies that are not sufficiently motorized... not every country can equip all infantry units with mobile artillery. I've checked that not only Americans have that problem... Is it only me (my Arsenal 1.02/CORE 0.4.9 combination) or is it a common bug?

It´s an AoD problem but I thought we had it fixed. You are calling the units "infantry" but mention mountain and marines. I remember fixing it for infantry and cavalry, so if it is only mountan and marines - we did not modify those since we hoped for a hardcoded fix in 1.04

The trick is to add a very small fuel consumption to the basic division unit for all models. If you add a brigade with fuelconsumption to a division without fuel consumption AoD does not re-assign a fuel carrying capacity, thus the unit carries no fuel.

It´s an AoD problem but I thought we had it fixed. You are calling the units "infantry" but mention mountain and marines. I remember fixing it for infantry and cavalry, so if it is only mountan and marines - we did not modify those since we hoped for a hardcoded fix in 1.04

The trick is to add a very small fuel consumption to the basic division unit for all models. If you add a brigade with fuelconsumption to a division without fuel consumption AoD does not re-assign a fuel carrying capacity, thus the unit carries no fuel.

Thanks, I will try to do it, better option than adding fuel to each division after every upgrade... I didn't notice this in AoD (I think towed artillery didn't have any oil consumption there...).

I just started main offensive in Germany, and let's see how capitulation events look in CORE :) ... weak point of many mods (and IMO disaster in vanilla).

Strange problem for some reason when playing as Finland i cannot produce any infantry.

I can however produce cavalry and other units it seems.

Makes playing with Finland slightly strange.

39429172.jpg

78949501.jpg

First off, not many countries will use Infantry within CORE, but rather rely on Reserves... Which is basically infantry with less motorization and support units (notably artillery). Which in itself isn't that bad of a deal, as usually this will imply getting the best bang for your buck. Though you can unlock the infantry techs by researching the corresponding tech in the land doctrine tech tree, IIRC.

You need to look into alot of the events that gives "bonuses" to production of energy, rares etc. Playing as the US now, and the Hoover Dam-events gives me a steady increase (%) of energy in Los Angeles. Problem is that since LA has a negative energy-output (-31) I go from about -17 to -19 energy by adding additional reactors. This cannot be WAD? Another problem with your system of giving areas a negative output of resources is that increasing infrastructure in the province actually gives us a penalty...

Entered that one as a bug report just now...

Hope it's not posted already: When I build Infra in provinces with negative ressources, the negative ressource income becomes even greater (eg. -17 energy with 100 infra to -19 energy with 120 infra).

Edit: Argh, nevermind, two posts above mine...

Hope it's not posted already: When I build Infra in provinces with negative ressources, the negative ressource income becomes even greater (eg. -17 energy with 100 infra to -19 energy with 120 infra).
That actually strikes me as a nice effect. Think of it this way:

- The negative resource "production" is due (presumably) to civilian usage taking up more than is locally produced.

- Infrastructure represents trains and railways, power distribution, roads and so on.

- It makes sense that increasing Infrastructure will increase (a) coal use in trains, (b) power use in buildings now (better) connected to the grid, (c) oil use in vehicles on the better roads.

If there is local production the increase in production will (notionally, econimically speaking) outpcae the additional demand, but if the province is a net consumer I would see it becoming more of a net consumer with increased Infra. Produces a nice gameplay dynamic, too.

Two aspects:

* It is the way it is, improving infra increases the absolute values of province resources, if they are negative, they become more negative

* As mentioned by Balesir, this can actually be argued to be realistic. Be aware that constructing IC in a province with negative resources will also increase the absolute value of the resource. Can again be argued: more factories, more oil and electricity needed

Same if the province gets strategically bombed: energy and oil use goes down because all those railway lines are down ....

Playing as USSR, AoD 1.04. When Germany declares war, I am unable to make trades. It seems as if there is no alternative in the game other than to start convoys in Leningrad, which is blocked by Denmark.

I've noticed this before playing the US, when I have trades with USSR disrupted by German subs in the Atlantic. What's wrong with Vladivostok?

We will have a look wether this can be reproduced in the current development version for 1.05 (CORE 0.50). Many such issues are related to the .exe and have been fixed in 1.05 (e.g. all the fuel issues reported above are thankfully gone).

But also check wether you have enough convoys for the trade, this might be another issue.

More convoy madness. I'm playing Britain, and landed an amphibious assault at Kiel. I've cleared Bremen and Wilhelmshafen, so I have all sorts of ports, but I can't get supplies to the troops. The system says that the route to Kiel is blocked, despite the fact that I can move naval units into the Baltic. It won't let me set up convoys to Bremen or Wilhelmshafen. (This is something that has always bugged me about HOI: the lack of ability to actually set up convoys between ports as you choose, rather than getting an extremely limited set.) My army is starving.

Another thing I've noticed is that, even when both parties are not involved in any wars, the Black Sea is closed. Non-European countries can't trade with Romania or Bulgaria.