• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good to know, I was sorta expecting an event prompting choice of honoring the treaty, which should be the default way of dealing with war declared against countries you guarantee their freedom. But, just my thoughts.

Yes, that's not entirely unreasonable to expect, in this particular instance (since the Polish situation is so important to the game and since we tend to have a lot of events :) ).

/baylox

hi there,

in my last game as Germany, the Iraq revolt event fired even after I had already annexed the UK-Iraq-Puppet and replaced it with a German one. Since I did not want a revolt I did choose not to help the revolt in my own puppet but suddenly I had lost one of my oil producing countries ... all that reamined was military access :eek:

all the best and keep up the good work, it is greatly apreciated!

Nationalist Spain Exists Jan 1936?

Just curious if anyone else had seen this. Nationalist Spain was in existence from the beggining of my first CORE game as Germany. It received events and could be traded with at all times prior to the SCW. SCW did fire on time in July. I assume is was a bug but am I the only one having this problem?

It is a little disconcerting - threw me for a loop the first time I encountered it. You can trade, but the trades will only ever be very small and tend to drop out very quickly. I ended up rationalising them as black market dealings with a revolutionary faction.

We set up Nationalist Spain as an (initially) off-map nation, so that those people who want to play them don't have to wait until the SCW starts inorder to save a game and swap country. Plus, it lets us set them up with starting techs and so forth a lot more easily. They have basically no resources or anything at the start, so trades will be pretty minimalist, if at all.

As Epa says, if you want to rationalise such trades, think of them as wealthy businessmen who favour the Nationalist cause trading with you.

Tim

Strange Nationalist Spain-AI behaviour

Hi,

played your great mod v4.9 :D as Germany and I am close before the "Danzig or war"-event. I want to get Nationalist Spain into the Axis after they have finished the Republican's, however I recognised that the Spanish Civil War has turned into a "Phoney War" of the Iberian Peninsula.

Turning the fow off you can see that there are only air-battles and bombarding going on but Nat. Spain has 13 divisions close to Madrid doing nothing.

Has anyone else observed such behaviour? :confused:

Please let me know, if you want the save game.

Regards
F

Try saving the game and reloading it - sometimes the AI "goes to sleep" and needs to be woken up by reloading.

Tim

Thanks for your answer, but I did reload several times. In the meantime after the polish campaign the situation in Spain is still unchanged. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think I have to wipe out the Rep's after taking France. :)

got the CORE mod loaded. Crashes as the US as soon as the flavor choice is made and all the nations start to rearm.

from what i have seen so far tho it is an AWESOME mod!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer, but I did reload several times. In the meantime after the polish campaign the situation in Spain is still unchanged. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think I have to wipe out the Rep's after taking France. :)

i had this in both vanilla and CORE (0.40) i think that having the ai on very agressive from 36 to 39 helps with that - then change to the settings you prefer.
at least i use very agressive and never had these problems again.

that fixed it! thanks!

I have noticed this with both Germany and Japan. After a few amphibious assaults the order doesn't work anymore. When I give my transports the order, they navigate to their assigned area, but then return without having started an assault. My ships have full organisation, supply, fuel and strength.

I have noticed this with both Germany and Japan. After a few amphibious assaults the order doesn't work anymore. When I give my transports the order, they navigate to their assigned area, but then return without having started an assault. My ships have full organisation, supply, fuel and strength.
The weather can also be a factor to consider

Greetings all;

I am unable to even instal the mod to my Arsenal of Democracy folder.

My computer tells me that colons can't be used in folder names, then asks me to select a new folder. For kicks, I removed the colon following the 'C' in the default AOD folder name, and had a flawless instal. Of course the mod won't run 'cause it's not connected to anything.

Any suggestions? I enjoyed the ARMA CORE, and am looking forward to this one.

mousetrap

Are there going to be any quickfixes for the things wrong with the naval game (carriers only firing once, sub inbalance etc)?

Greetings all;

I am unable to even instal the mod to my Arsenal of Democracy folder.

My computer tells me that colons can't be used in folder names, then asks me to select a new folder. For kicks, I removed the colon following the 'C' in the default AOD folder name, and had a flawless instal. Of course the mod won't run 'cause it's not connected to anything.

Any suggestions? I enjoyed the ARMA CORE, and am looking forward to this one.

mousetrap

Do you mean colons [:] or slashes [\ /] mouse? I had the same trouble with the slash at the end of the AoD default installation.

As I recall, I got around it by doing an additional install of AoD using Custom Install to place it outside of the Programs folder (e.g. in C:\Games\AoD). This still gave me an installation path ending in a slash, but when I manually removed the offending item (as you did) and installed CORE there, all worked well.