Cordon Sanitaire vs Sudeten Crisis (Alternate vs Real History)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I agree that "anyone with guarantees/in a faction with CZE gets an event" -- but in this case, Romania was Faction Leader, and that's where the difference lies. Faction Leader makes the call in the negotiation. Sure, Czech AI (or role-playing gamer as Czech) could still reject the deal (if the Faction Lead gave away their land - although I would not have, as Romania/Faction Lead), but if for arguments sake Czech did reject - they could withdraw from the Cordon Sanitaire and then fight Germany solo (not a logical choice whatsoever).

The more important thing that should change in the game is the specific authorities that Faction Leaders should hold for these negotiations, rather than just having yet another pop-up event fly by that affects a member of their Faction/Alliance.
It does make more sense that only the faction leader would have the choice of backing down rather than every faction member. They really should repair more events— like the Bessarabia one— to take factions and whatnot into account and to involve more negotiation.

I wouldn't call trying to avoid a world war costing more than 30 millions of lives foolish.
I’m not sure if this “topic” is even allowed in the forums, but -
Hitler was lying and openly mocking the west (Rhineland, Anschulss, army training, …) , by this time - this naive politician should have known already there is no possible negotiation with the devil, other than giving up completely. He just gave Germany even more power (industry) to pursue his wargoals for free. He WAS a fool.

Reactions:
I’m not sure if this “topic” is even allowed in the forums, but -
Hitler was lying and openly mocking the west (Rhineland, Anschulss, army training, …) , by this time - this naive politician should have known already there is no possible negotiation with the devil, other than giving up completely. He just gave Germany even more power (industry) to pursue his wargoals for free. He WAS a fool.

Easy to say with hindsight. But until that point Hitler just did what any other serious German politicial had done. If Chamberlain had opposed him before very probably he'd be cited today as the main one responsible for the war instead of Hitler as we'd never have known whether he just wanted to unite the German peoples or rather to build an expansionist empire. After betraying München that was no question anymore.

Reactions: